Cowdenbeath v Heart of Midlothian, Rescheduled for 23/12/2014

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad the Hearts fan's enjoyed their evening in Cowdenbeath.Locals were friendly as always and I did not see any bother from the Hearts fan's.

Credit to Hearts second goal which was also applauded by some of our Cowden fans.Hearts look like they are going to steam roll this league.

In terms of us I thought we played not to bad considering we are a part time football club although there were one or two school boy defending moments that could have cost us a few more goals.

Again you have to applaud Robbie Thomson,I think he is developing into a fine keeper.

Was dissapointing with the referee and his assistant where at full time they probably deserved some of the jeers they received from the home support.When will referees stand up and be fair to the smaller clubs.I'm not asking for favours just consistent but fair refereeing toboth teams.

Did think it was unfair at nil nil where Jimmy was getting a bit of stick for not having a go.I thought we came out better in the second half.

Whilst we are in the league position we want to be in we all need to back Jimmy and his playing staffto once again prove everyone wrong that we are capable of being an established Championship football club.

I hope everyone has a merry Christmas with friends and family and after all our food and drink we can look forward to a victory over Dumbarton on Saturday.

Take Care Folks and once again have a Merry Christmas.

It's always going to be difficult for Cowdenbeath to argue they are an established Championship Club by virtue of their part time status.......same for Alloa & Dumbarton as well.

Can't be denied that they are all more than holding their own in a league made up of mostly full time Clubs.

Enjoyed my trip to Cowdenbeath last night, half decent view from the South terracing. As with a lot of teams this season, was pleasantly surprised by the standard of play from Cowdenbeath, liked to get the ball down and pass it about. Especially noticed this in the big left sided centre half, determined to play football and not just hoof it. Got caught out a couple of times but overall good to see.

From a Hearts perspective, Pallardo looking good again, he's fast turning in to my favourite player of this squad. A lot of stray passes from all involved, often ruining promising looking breaks but overall pleased with the performance.

Not sure you can say with any confidence that anywhere in that ground affords a great view.

Well I can. Thanks for another sterling contribution though.

The Cowden fans who applauded Paterson's goal were probably Hearts fans in the home end. Applauded opposition goals is a wanky thing to do.

The Cowden fans who applauded Paterson's goal were probably Hearts fans in the home end. Applauded opposition goals is a wanky thing to do.

Cowden fans in awe of the Hearts juggernaut, imo. 8)

Thought it was the most I'd seen Gomis give the ball away in a Hearts jersey. The Beath showed evidence again of being a decent side and the view from the South terracing would be fine if it wasn't for that annoying fence. The stewards seemed to be made up of jobsworths who didn't want peopel to stand at the fence. There wasn't much room elsewhere! And there seemed to be an ongoing battle to remove people from there. A very pleasant evening and sorry everyone, but I do like my rare trips to Central Park.

Yeah the west terracing as shit, absolutely no doubt about that. The main terracing and bits of the old stand afford a great view though.

I'm sure Hearts fans will enjoy the change in scenery for the one year they are going to be in this league. Different places and pubs etc. Cowden high street - while looking run down - is ideal for any football fan. The locals in pubs have always been friendly in my experience too.

Wish I'd been able to make it. Maybe the return fixture or even a game as a neutral.

Paterson's goal is a peach btw.

Much has been already said that I agree with. The pubs were friendly (ad much cheaper than Edinburgh), as were the local fans. not to far from pub and train station is also a plus. I was standing n line with the half way line near the top and the view was excellent. Wasn't the best game I have watched, but both teams tried to play football properly and fairly. However Paterson's goal was worth the admission money itself. Superb. I had a great time and look forward to visiting again.

Glad the Hearts fan's enjoyed their evening in Cowdenbeath.Locals were friendly as always and I did not see any bother from the Hearts fan's.

Credit to Hearts second goal which was also applauded by some of our Cowden fans.Hearts look like they are going to steam roll this league.

In terms of us I thought we played not to bad considering we are a part time football club although there were one or two school boy defending moments that could have cost us a few more goals.

Again you have to applaud Robbie Thomson,I think he is developing into a fine keeper.

Was dissapointing with the referee and his assistant where at full time they probably deserved some of the jeers they received from the home support.When will referees stand up and be fair to the smaller clubs.I'm not asking for favours just consistent but fair refereeing toboth teams.

Did think it was unfair at nil nil where Jimmy was getting a bit of stick for not having a go.I thought we came out better in the second half.

Whilst we are in the league position we want to be in we all need to back Jimmy and his playing staffto once again prove everyone wrong that we are capable of being an established Championship football club.

I hope everyone has a merry Christmas with friends and family and after all our food and drink we can look forward to a victory over Dumbarton on Saturday.

Take Care Folks and once again have a Merry Christmas.

I was in the west terrace, view isn't that bad. Don't get me wrong the fence is annoying but not as bad as made out. Would be fine if you could wander round at half time.

Anyway the reason I quoted you was the redf comment, thought he had a good game.why did he annoy you?

I find it amazing the media still seem to be playing down our performances.

A top run and some excellent prospects. If Paterson was a Rangers player the real madrid scouts would have been in town according to the media.

If Rangers were 12 points clear with 47 points and our goal difference it would be impossible to read a daily record or sun for all the semen left on it by the journalists.

A top run and some excellent prospects. If Paterson was a Rangers player the real madrid scouts would have been in town according to the media.

If Rangers were 12 points clear with 47 points and our goal difference it would be impossible to read a daily record or sun for all the semen left on it by the journalists.

Couldn't agree more.

I was in the west terrace, view isn't that bad. Don't get me wrong the fence is annoying but not as bad as made out. Would be fine if you could wander round at half time.

Anyway the reason I quoted you was the redf comment, thought he had a good game.why did he annoy you?

Your view obviously was obstructed the fact that you are asking this question.

Hearts were getting free kicks for similar challenges you lot were making on us but the only difference was we weren't getting anything.

Anyway Hearts would still have won the game if these fouls were given.

Anyhow it's xmas soon so let's put this game to bed and once again well done to Hearts on a good performance.

TBH, BBC Scotland on the night were very complimentary. Barry Ferguson, I think, saying that Hearts looked very comfy and would've been able 'to step up a gear or two' if needed. Agree, things have been muted in the press though. Not bothered as long we keep piling up the points.

Your view obviously was obstructed the fact that you are asking this question.

Hearts were getting free kicks for similar challenges you lot were making on us but the only difference was we weren't getting anything.

Anyway Hearts would still have won the game if these fouls were given.

Anyhow it's xmas soon so let's put this game to bed and once again well done to Hearts on a good performance.

Your view was blinkered by the fact your team was losing I think, the ref done well.

Cowdenbeath aren't as bad as the table suggests.

Archived