Scores & gossip, Sat 06 December.

Larky55

No linesman at Broxburn today as the ref said he didn't need them. He then got 3 massive decisions wrong with 2 offside goals and a wrongly adjudged one to stop a 1:1.

Ref was a fanny

I'd say the centre half had a nightmare & cost broxburn the game!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auchinleck Talbot 5-1 Larkhall Thistle.

2 dreadful mistakes by the Thistle defence presented Keir Milliken, & Graham Wilson early Christmas gifts to put the home side 2 in front.

A brave header at the far post from Talbots best player Dwane Hyslop put Talbot 3 up.

Larkhall got a goal back when their best player Mark Canning blasted a neat Graham Gracie cut

back high into the Talbot net from 20yds.

Graham Wilson chipped a 4th fourth over Thistles goalie finishing off a stunning Talbot move which began in their own penalty box.

David Gormley cleverly flicked a late goal into the Thistle goal from the 6yd line, close to time up, just to make it safe for Talbot.

Jags played some good football on a very impressive playing surface.

Good luck to Auchinleck in the competition.

Beith junior 2 Irvine meadow XI 4

A game of two halves today for me as thought that we were far more at it in the first half than meadow and only an excellent save from the meadow goalie on half time from Darren Christies low effort from 25 yards prevented it being 2-0 to beith.

Our team fought really well today against a team for me who have striking similarities to our own team who won the league in 2009/2010 in terms of the way that they're collecting three points in the league on a good & solid basis and also just like ourselves have faced an early Scottish Cup exit from talbot just as we endured against maryhill In our championship winning season.

Onto the second half and meadow were the better team but if Andy reids excellent free kick goes in rather than hitting the inside of the junction then its 2-1 beith and game on but in fairness meadow upped it a bit after that and combined with basic beith mistakes they won the game 4-2.

Not too disheartened today with my teams showing against a good team and we've played worse and won.

I was very happy to go in just one down after first half and knowing second half playing downhill. Ryan Deas was different class along with McCann as usual. Two great players who created all our goals.

The free kick that didn't go in for Beith was crucial and we scored less than 10 minutes later then after then Meadow were well on top.

The weather was awful but good shelter and food & drink. Never had a problem at Beith with Meadow, 4 police officers never would be needed.

Evans, McParland, Deas and Keenan none of whom were automatic first choice have played a huge part in our revival after one poor game v Talbot.

Great squad of players who deserve something this season.

Arthurlie 2 : 1 cumnock

Arthurlie looked like they were going to lose this one until two late goals changed the anticipated outcome. Cumnock scored early and the same young lad had hard lines shortly thereafter.

Conditions played a big part today.

Cumnock had a free header saved off the line in 2nd half but Arthurlie were the better team during this period and missed two excellent chances before they scored.

Cumnock keeper should have been sent off for kicking out. No idea how not spotted by linesman.

Always interesting to watch and listen as a neutral. Some of the home team 'supporters' shouts to their own team OTT IMO. No chance skill will prevail with some of those shouts of 'encouragement'.

Troon 2 - 0 Petershill. Dale 'Gunner' Moore with both goals.

The first an absolute beauty!

Good game played in a good spirit. Petershill are tidy and have some pacy players, but nothing went for them today in the final third. We looked very determined and defended well - Gav Collins was outstanding, and not for the first time this season. After Gunner's peach of an opener Petershill came at us for the rest of the first half but the lads held on well.

Second half we were under a bit of pressure at times but the out-ball to wee Hootsy helped us a lot and we asserted ourselves well as the half went on. Chappy was excellent in the middle today after being a bit out of form recently, which is good to see. After the second goal the game was done. To be fair, the conditions didn't help and neither did the ref. He was another one of these young trainee types that just had no clue or confidence and he lost control of the game early on.

I'm absolutely delighted with the three points, particularly as we have to go to Talbot then Cumnock in consecutive weeks.

Hope the lads enjoyed their Christmas night out tonight - well deserved! :thumsup2

I was very happy to go in just one down after first half and knowing second half playing downhill. Ryan Deas was different class along with McCann as usual. Two great players who created all our goals.

The free kick that didn't go in for Beith was crucial and we scored less than 10 minutes later then after then Meadow were well on top.

The weather was awful but good shelter and food & drink. Never had a problem at Beith with Meadow, 4 police officers never would be needed.

Evans, McParland, Deas and Keenan none of whom were automatic first choice have played a huge part in our revival after one poor game v Talbot.

Wee deasy is 1 of the best players ive ever seen play, different class when hes right on his game hes brilliant to watch ,makes ppl look silly not many better, deseves a crack at the seniors in my opinion ....hope he gets it

So your 4-0 humping by Talbot was down to you lot playing poorly?

Archived