Night outs The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

This is the best, the worst and the strangest night outs you've ever been on

My Best- this was a great night out in glasgow, it started with drinks at this bar(name escapes me) where we ran into a bunch of lads who were on a stag do, we got talking to them and it turns out that there was 5 guys who couldn't make it, and they had already pre bought a load of drink, so they ended up asking us to join them, we chipped in a tenner each, but drank way more than that. After they moved on we met up with some other mates and went to a club, had more drinks and danced etc, then I ended up pulling quite a fit bird, then a mate of mine who I've was after for a while but she turned me down, got jealous I then ended up going home with her.

The Worst- just a complete let down, a group of us were supposed to meet in glasgow, so I payed over £15 for the train to get there, 12 were meant to come out, including me only 5 showed up, then 2 ended up leaving after half an hour, and I don't really talk to the guys that were left so I ended up leaving about 15 minutes later, complete waste of time and money.

The Strangest- its more about what after it, the plan was to go out have a few drinks and get the last train home, everything was going fine, then a lot of shots starting flying around, then I can't to this day remember what happened, one may have been spiked i don't know. The next comes when I wake up in a strange bed, which when I looked around I was in a children's room I was also completely without clothes, I have never been so freaked out ever, I knew no one who had a young kid and I was naked in a small kids bed, I looked around for my clothes, they were no where to be found, so I rapped the duvet around my shame and creeped out, sneaked downstairs to be confronted by a middle aged women, we stared at each other for a minute or two, I thought she was going to start screaming, so I was working out a plan of action in my mind. Then she shouted out a name I recognised slightly, turns out I missed my train and a mates mate offered to let me crash at his mums, ended up having a good laugh about it, but I was terrified for a while I thought I had broke in to someone's house and to be naked in a kids bed, well I don't need to mention how bad that looks.

The Strangest- its more about what after it, the plan was to go out have a few drinks and get the last train home, everything was going fine, then a lot of shots starting flying around, then I can't to this day remember what happened, one may have been spiked i don't know. The next comes when I wake up in a strange bed, which when I looked around I was in a children's room I was also completely without clothes, I have never been so freaked out ever, I knew no one who had a young kid and I was naked in a small kids bed, I looked around for my clothes, they were no where to be found, so I rapped the duvet around my shame and creeped out, sneaked downstairs to be confronted by a middle aged women, we stared at each other for a minute or two, I thought she was going to start screaming, so I was working out a plan of action in my mind. Then she shouted out a name I recognised slightly, turns out I missed my train and a mates mate offered to let me crash at his mums, ended up having a good laugh about it, but I was terrified for a while I thought I had broke in to someone's house and to be naked in a kids bed, well I don't need to mention how bad that looks.

post-52544-0-96882500-1417819748.jpeg

My Best- this was a great night out in glasgow, it started with drinks at this bar(name escapes me) where we ran into a bunch of lads who were on a stag do, we got talking to them and it turns out that there was 5 guys who couldn't make it, and they had already pre bought a load of drink, so they ended up asking us to join them, we chipped in a tenner each, but drank way more than that. After they moved on we met up with some other mates and went to a club, had more drinks and danced etc, then I ended up pulling quite a fit bird, then a mate of mine who I've was after for a while but she turned me down, got jealous I then ended up going home with her.

The Worst- just a complete let down, a group of us were supposed to meet in glasgow, so I payed over £15 for the train to get there, 12 were meant to come out, including me only 5 showed up, then 2 ended up leaving after half an hour, and I don't really talk to the guys that were left so I ended up leaving about 15 minutes later, complete waste of time and money.

As long as you are alone it isn't too bad

Best - for a surprisingly lively nightlife Lerwick had its moments back in the 80s

Worst - Japanese karaoke bars can be excrutiating

Strangest - avoid rural Aberdeenshire

Could you flesh this out a wee bit?

Strangest.

Went out for a couple of pints in the afternoon in Folkestone and woke up the following morning on the floor of the ferry booking office in Calais. I was lying in the middle of the floor with the office staff having to step over me to move around.

Not one of my finer times.

That's your worst night out? Did you turn 18 a fortnight ago?

Worst- A birthday party in the pub in wester hailes. Hardly anyone turned up the drink was expensive and the buffet was shit. What made it the worst weekend for me was after my gf bought a new outfit got her hair done hotel etc it cost £700.

I don't think I've had a good night out, ever. Or notably bad, for that matter, most have been cripplingly indifferent. Ugly, however:

1. Was out for a big meal/booze session with the rest of the design team and contractor after completing a project a few years ago, down in some hotel near Ayr. Had a reasonable skinful but felt fine until the air hit me whilst waiting for a taxi (for some unknown reason) to take us back up to Glasgow. Cue a fairly colourful in-taxi bunder somewhere near Fenwick, some of which managed to catch the driver through the headrest. Next thing I remember is waking up in the bathtub in my mate's flat, covered in Fairy liquid after apparently trying to wash my clothes (with me still in them).

2. Whilst at Uni I worked Saturdays in a pharmacy in darkest Drumchapel, which my mum happened to be head pharmacist of. Every Christmas they'd organise a sort of party night at Firhill, free bar etc. Given such wondrous opportunities, I took the well-thought out step of working my way alphabetically along the bar shotwise (with the shop's 20 stone security guard). It turned out that I wasn't quite so well-suited to such drinking feats, and apparently I was huckled out after about three hours after trying to get my mum in a cobra clutch on the middle of the dancefloor. Odd times.

The Strangest- its more about what after it, the plan was to go out have a few drinks and get the last train home, everything was going fine, then a lot of shots starting flying around, then I can't to this day remember what happened, one may have been spiked i don't know.

No it wasn't.

Had a lot of cracking nights out whilst in the navy,too many to share !

one of the worst nights i had was when our ship (hms manchester) berthed in liverpool for a week long visit to our affiliated city of Manchester,(ship was too big to get through the ship canal!)

My mate took 4 of us through to Cheadle Hume to a pub where his sister worked. Anyway it was a mexican night and tequila was the princely sum of 50p a shot (1991) ended up getting absolutely bladdered, went out to the toilets which were in an outhouse at the rear of the pub , next thing i know Im waking up in a taxi heading to Stockport Royal with my nose blattered across my face !!

apparently some c**t had taken exception to my accent and had baseball batted me across the face!

the only good thing about that, I was sent home on sick leave for 10 days

The best - tough call! I'll go with my mate Ali's stag do in Glasgow back in '02. We started at noon at Stirling train station. My mate George's dad, Big George (RIP) was the conductor and let us ride for free. Hawaiian shirts all round. Fake moustaches. And drinking on the train to start with was a belter. Got to Glasgow at about 1 and realised all the pubs and clubs we'd be heading to wouldn't be open for hours and hours yet. So we found a real manky place - don't recall the name. Spit and sawdust kind of place, green and white all around us and there were us 6 boys from Alloa in Hawaiin shirts, fake moustaches ordering guinness. We killed a few hours of the afternoon at the cinema before hitting a shedload of Sauchiehall Street. No birds, just us guys having a great laugh. Ali was married 2 weeks later and last time I saw him he'd gone bald. We never went out again as a group after that.

The worst - Edinburgh, a mixed group including Ali, his bird (now wife) Marie and her pal Ksenia. Ksenia was a 30 year old copper I was drooling over but wasn't interested in me in the slightest. I spent the first half of the night in the 3 Sisters trying to woo her. Failed miserably, likely due to the lack of Hawaiian shirt. But then - success! A lovely wee bird showed up, all eyes and teeth. Pulled me on the dancefloor and tried to suck half my face off. Lovely. Then she went all cold, and I noticed a guy at the bar giving me the deathly evil eyes. She disentangled herself from me and ran over to him and left with him. SO I went back to the table - where Ksenia started laying in to me for going off with another woman! I ended up in a foul mood that night.

The weirdest - Kippen, January of '98. A group of us worked over the summer working on the roads for Stirling Council and stayed in touch. Allison was a lovely girl and her birthday was early January (3rd or 4th, something like that). We arrived in a couple of cars and to be blunt, had not thought it through. We started at a pub which was alright but very quiet. Then Allison convinced us to go to her boyfriend's house, which we did. But nobody was home, so we pushed up his bedroom window and climbed in - all the time Allison telling us it was OK and normal. Hey, it was Kippen. This is probably how everyone came and went. So we went in and raided a drinks cabinet then back to Allison's. It was apparent then that there were only a few living room seats and a load of people. No spare beds. I got an armchair. Sarah and Rory were getting amorous and took the couch. The whole room was full of people breathing, snoring, talking and fumbling. Tosh at one point shouted to Sarah "For f**k's sake, suck him off and shut up. I'm trying to sleep!". My troubles had just begun. A bad batch of cider was swilling in my guys, and I puked on the living room carpet. All my friends got up, switched the light on and saw the big orange mess I'd made. We got towels and cleaned up as best we could but it was no good. Acid bile vs beige wool carpet. Everyone was panicking because Allison's folks were due back at 8 am. I was OK in the end - my pal Colin was driving back home at 6am for work and I sneaked out the house and went with him, leaving everyone else to explain my mess.

The best - tough call! I'll go with my mate Ali's stag do in Glasgow back in '02. We started at noon at Stirling train station. My mate George's dad, Big George (RIP) was the conductor and let us ride for free. Hawaiian shirts all round. Fake moustaches. And drinking on the train to start with was a belter. Got to Glasgow at about 1 and realised all the pubs and clubs we'd be heading to wouldn't be open for hours and hours yet. So we found a real manky place - don't recall the name. Spit and sawdust kind of place, green and white all around us and there were us 6 boys from Alloa in Hawaiin shirts, fake moustaches ordering guinness. We killed a few hours of the afternoon at the cinema before hitting a shedload of Sauchiehall Street. No birds, just us guys having a great laugh. Ali was married 2 weeks later and last time I saw him he'd gone bald. We never went out again as a group after that.

The worst - Edinburgh, a mixed group including Ali, his bird (now wife) Marie and her pal Ksenia. Ksenia was a 30 year old copper I was drooling over but wasn't interested in me in the slightest. I spent the first half of the night in the 3 Sisters trying to woo her. Failed miserably, likely due to the lack of Hawaiian shirt. But then - success! A lovely wee bird showed up, all eyes and teeth. Pulled me on the dancefloor and tried to suck half my face off. Lovely. Then she went all cold, and I noticed a guy at the bar giving me the deathly evil eyes. She disentangled herself from me and ran over to him and left with him. SO I went back to the table - where Ksenia started laying in to me for going off with another woman! I ended up in a foul mood that night.

The weirdest - Kippen, January of '98. A group of us worked over the summer working on the roads for Stirling Council and stayed in touch. Allison was a lovely girl and her birthday was early January (3rd or 4th, something like that). We arrived in a couple of cars and to be blunt, had not thought it through. We started at a pub which was alright but very quiet. Then Allison convinced us to go to her boyfriend's house, which we did. But nobody was home, so we pushed up his bedroom window and climbed in - all the time Allison telling us it was OK and normal. Hey, it was Kippen. This is probably how everyone came and went. So we went in and raided a drinks cabinet then back to Allison's. It was apparent then that there were only a few living room seats and a load of people. No spare beds. I got an armchair. Sarah and Rory were getting amorous and took the couch. The whole room was full of people breathing, snoring, talking and fumbling. Tosh at one point shouted to Sarah "For f**k's sake, suck him off and shut up. I'm trying to sleep!". My troubles had just begun. A bad batch of cider was swilling in my guys, and I puked on the living room carpet. All my friends got up, switched the light on and saw the big orange mess I'd made. We got towels and cleaned up as best we could but it was no good. Acid bile vs beige wool carpet. Everyone was panicking because Allison's folks were due back at 8 am. I was OK in the end - my pal Colin was driving back home at 6am for work and I sneaked out the house and went with him, leaving everyone else to explain my mess.

A men's day out and you went to the fucking pictures?

Archived