Ally McCoist, Pie and Bovril decides?

Still hurting from that one? ;) How many points was it you threw away? :lol:

Honestly don't remember how many points it was. They flung it away though. It won't be the first or last time. Shite happens in football. If watching football hurts someone, I'd suggest they pack it in.

As for you using Morton as an example, it had absolutely nothing to do with the question asked. So that doesn't wash either.

Sure you don't want to bring 10-2 up as well? That's the other usual deflection tactic for someone who's talking shite and can't put together a coherent argument.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thepundit sees a place in the top flight as a rightful place. It's not. It's a place to be earned. And if Rangers don't get promoted then no, they shouldn't be in the premier. Because they didn't earn that spot. Infact, thepundit was very clear about what he meant. He went into great detail about it, and said Hibs and Hearts "should" be there too, to prove the point he was making. Which was a lot of bullshit. No team SHOULD be in the top league. The teams that are there should be there. Because they earned the places.

Trying to bring business and that into it didn't wash with anyone. Apart from you of course.

I was quite clear when I gave my opinion that Rangers need to earn their place in the Premiership by winning football matches just like any other team.

Read the post again.........

Well, the main problem at the club in terms of the football is McCoist, so promotion won't solve that. :)

As for Rangers' "rightful" place in the top league. Many will disagree with that opinion but the fact is Rangers (and Hearts/Hibs) "rightful" place is the Premiership. I think people maybe misinterpret that claim as an implication they should be there without merit. No, that's not what people mean when they say those three teams belong in the Premiership. Of course, you only deserve to be there if you get promoted. But from a business perspective be it ticket sales or TV contracts, yes, they belong in the Premiership.

But, as I say, they need to get there on merit in a football sense first. And the only way to that is to get promoted.

thepundit sees a place in the top flight as a rightful place. It's not. It's a place to be earned. And if Rangers don't get promoted then no, they shouldn't be in the premier. Because they didn't earn that spot. Infact, thepundit was very clear about what he meant. He went into great detail about it, and said Hibs and Hearts "should" be there too, to prove the point he was making. Which was a lot of bullshit. No team SHOULD be in the top league. The teams that are there should be there. Because they earned the places.

Trying to bring business and that into it didn't wash with anyone. Apart from you of course.

he Pundit was quite clear about what he meat "But, as I say, they need to get there on merit in a football sense first. And the only way to that is to get promoted."

You are putting words into his mouth here, at no time did he say that they should be there without earning their place in the top league.

Seriously tho, at what point does ally's defiance in not walking away hurt his legend status that was achieved at playing level?

(Only if not promoted?)

Also, if ally insists that he wants to protect the club and would never hurt it what is it that he can see that even his biggest supporters can't? (I mean I've never seen so many fed up rangers fans on this forum)

That doesn't hide that he also said that their "rightful" place is in the Premier. So that sort of blows the whole thing apart.

No, it shows that you struggle with the concept of context.

Seriously tho, at what point does ally's defiance in not walking away hurt his legend status that was achieved at playing level?

(Only if not promoted?)

Also, if ally insists that he wants to protect the club and would never hurt it what is it that he can see that even his biggest supporters can't? (I mean I've never seen so many fed up rangers fans on this forum)

'fed up' doesn't come anywhere close mate

Some Sevco fan tried that 'What was the score when Rangers played Caley in the cup?' shite on me last night. As if to try and imply Rangers were actually better than ICT.

I'd say we were at least twice as good as Sevco. Possibly thrice.

The game against Cowdenbeath today was similar to the match against Caley.

A completely one sided match with Rangers wasting a lot of goal scoring opportunities. In fact, the three games against the Premiership teams have been amongst the easiest Rangers have played so far.

The problem is consistency. On their day, Rangers are obviously better than Caley Thistle but, as I've said before, "on their day" should not be a phrase you'd have to associate with Rangers.

"On their day" should be the norm.

This has gone very well with almost 88% of P&B's posters wanting Ally to keep his job.

I see also the so called protest against Ally during the Cowdenbeath match was a non event, barely noticed. Hardly effective if only 20,000 more or less show up (rather than 28,000 because know doubt non attending season ticket holders get included in the attendance total), not exactly a vocal majority.

Mentioned in the Daily Record was the imminent sale of Lewis McLeod in January (maybe to Newcastle Utd??) which could raise up to 2m which could be used to pay off Ally, now has anyone heard such rubbish, that would be two major assets gone plus most of that cash used to pay of Ally and his coaching staff, what would Rangers get out of that, nothing.

I'd also be surprised that any team would pay 2m for a player in Scotland playing outside the top division whom is untested at the highest league level and who also might be out injured for the rest of the year so might not be fully fit at the window. A better deal would be to sell McLeod to someone like Rotherham or Blackpool for about 600,000 he's more guaranteed first team football there and use the money to bring in new players to freshen up the team, bring in battlers to toughen up the first team a player like Jim Goodwin for example.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-ace-lewis-macleod-could-4762857

Ally must stay. :thumsup2

This has gone very well with almost 88% of P&B's posters wanting Ally to keep his job.

I see also the so called protest against Ally during the Cowdenbeath match was a non event, barely noticed. Hardly effective if only 20,000 more or less show up (rather than 28,000 because know doubt non attending season ticket holders get included in the attendance total), not exactly a vocal majority.

Mentioned in the Daily Record was the imminent sale of Lewis McLeod in January (maybe to Newcastle Utd??) which could raise up to 2m which could be used to pay off Ally, now has anyone heard such rubbish, that would be two major assets gone plus most of that cash used to pay of Ally and his coaching staff, what would Rangers get out of that, nothing.

I'd also be surprised that any team would pay 2m for a player in Scotland playing outside the top division whom is untested at the highest league level and who also might be out injured for the rest of the year so might not be fully fit at the window. A better deal would be to sell McLeod to someone like Rotherham or Blackpool for about 600,000 he's more guaranteed first team football there and use the money to bring in new players to freshen up the team, bring in battlers to toughen up the first team a player like Jim Goodwin for example.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-ace-lewis-macleod-could-4762857

Ally must stay. :thumsup2

Don't get where this magic number of 2 miliion comes from, everyone knows they are on thier arse finacially and desperate for cash so why would any sensible club offer 2 million for a Scottish Championship player at a club who are skint? Surly they will offer a few hundered thousand at best. MacLeod looks a decent player but as CityDave says he is untested at a higher level and I just can't see English clubs racing to beat down the doors of Ibrox with offers to drive the price up to 2 million.

Don't get where this magic number of 2 miliion comes from, everyone knows they are on thier arse finacially and desperate for cash so why would any sensible club offer 2 million for a Scottish Championship player at a club who are skint? Surly they will offer a few hundered thousand at best. MacLeod looks a decent player but as CityDave says he is untested at a higher level and I just can't see English clubs racing to beat down the doors of Ibrox with offers to drive the price up to 2 million.

I bet Newcastle offer 2 million :thumsup2:P

Outstanding so far the voting from football supporters around the country. Its polls like this that are helping to keep Ally in a job. Someone must be paying attention and using this to gauge public opinion.

Well done everyone. :thumsup2

I'll might just keep this thread open another week to gauge any further reactions or if there is a counter protest to this counter protest. ;)

Sad to hear about this years Christmas party and gifts for none playing staff being cancelled, but they must realise that these are hard times and the football team must take priority, so to keep these lads happy something had to go. For example Rangers face a long trip down to Dumfries for Friday and possibly a stay over night after the game in a hotel, unfortunately a moral boosting game of golf might be out of the question due to the weather so maybe that might save a bit of money. Well done to the squad if they can keep their expenses to a minimum for this trip. I take it the Rangers playing staff Christmas night out will be in Newcastle this weekend, that will cost a few pennies?

Ally must stay.

Outstanding so far the voting from football supporters around the country. Its polls like this that are helping to keep Ally in a job. Someone must be paying attention and using this to gauge public opinion.

Well done everyone. :thumsup2

I'll might just keep this thread open another week to gauge any further reactions or if there is a counter protest to this counter protest. ;)

Sad to hear about this years Christmas party and gifts for none playing staff being cancelled, but they must realise that these are hard times and the football team must take priority, so to keep these lads happy something had to go. For example Rangers face a long trip down to Dumfries for Friday and possibly a stay over night after the game in a hotel, unfortunately a moral boosting game of golf might be out of the question due to the weather so maybe that might save a bit of money. Well done to the squad if they can keep their expenses to a minimum for this trip. I take it the Rangers playing staff Christmas night out will be in Newcastle this weekend, that will cost a few pennies?

Ally must stay.

Might just be overstating your influence a wee bit here mate? He aint going nowhere in the foreseeable future, a few scratchy performances (but results) this side of Christmas and the new year will see to that, perhaps until meeting Hearts again at Ibrox on the 17th, by when they could be out of sight.

Might just be overstating your influence a wee bit here mate? He aint going nowhere in the foreseeable future, a few scratchy performances (but results) this side of Christmas and the new year will see to that, perhaps until meeting Hearts again at Ibrox on the 17th, by when they could be out of sight.

You do know that you can lock or delete threads you've started, don't you? So Dave, no matter what he is or does in real life, does indeed hold the power of life and death over this thread.

Archived