Albion Rovers Round-up TV

Good video, I always had the impression that Gemmel was just a ned from the deepest part of Glasgow, how wrong I was. Comes across as a level headed guy who loves the friendly banter.

No chance of East Fife doing anything like this unless Neil Rankine is available to act as a ventriloquist for the puppet directors.

Good video, I always had the impression that Gemmel was just a ned from the deepest part of Glasgow, how wrong I was. Comes across as a level headed guy who loves the friendly banter.

No chance of East Fife doing anything like this unless Neil Rankine is available to act as a ventriloquist for the puppet directors.

East fife have a decent website and match coverage (quality of film) and commentary are probably one of the best in league 1 and 2.

Lovely stuff. Since ARFC is one of the teams that doesn’t broadcast highlights this is a great idea for an alternative. Having had mixed feelings about the anonymity of the new BoD I’m actually glad they get on with their hard work quietly, but it’s excellent to see some personality in the board and dressing rooms during a great time for the club.

Well done to Mrs. Clark, Mr. Roache, Graeme Alexander and all the Rovers personnel involved. Hopefully (unlike the Paul Martin Bulletin and James Ward Blog) this “regular feature” will actually feature regularly- they usually trail off after the first 4-0 drubbing!

It might be a bit of a stretch but I don't think it's particularly unreasonable to brand our potential support with the "sleeping giant" phrase. The Rovers play in a town with a population of about 40,000, that's the same potential fan base as Morton or Kilmarnock, but it's our misfortune that we're a short drive or train journey from Celtic, and that most of the town conforms to the "tradition" of making that journey.

Perhaps "sleepwalking giant" is a more appropriate term.

Sleeping giants made me giggle too I'm afraid, but as everyone else has sid it's a good effort all round. (The same company and same two presenters have been doing something very similar at Livingston for a while now.)

Always liked Gemmell as a player so it's nice to see him coming across well. Darren Young looked much less comfortable with the whole idea.

As far as one can tell from the outside, Rovers give every impression of being a reasonably well run club at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Archived