Stranraer vs Greenock Morton

Well after the emarrassment of last weekend we're back to league duties this week against a very well organised Stranraer side. The league form for both sides is very good with Stranraer unbeaten in their last 10 and Morton winning the last 4 on the trot. The reverse fixture was a 4-0 victory for ourselves although Stranraer had their keeper sent off early doors. Our away form is pretty poor and with Duffy at the helm anything is possible.

I'll take a draw from this one.

1-1.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this were a cup tie I'd be confident of us banging in at least 5.

But it isn't, and I'm quite worried about this fixture. Only hope is that damaged pride leads the players to make amends for last week.

I'd take a draw, though.

If this were a cup tie I'd be confident of us banging in at least 5.

But it isn't, and I'm quite worried about this fixture. Only hope is that damaged pride leads the players to make amends for last week.

I'd take a draw, though.

I've got more hope in Pepper and McManus coming back in for McKee and McCluskey. Russell moving back to left back with Crawford coming back into the midfield would be nice as well.

I saw the pic of Pepper ( :unsure: ) with the crutches but haven't seen any report regarding the actual injury. Do we know what injury he has. ? We need him back asap.

After Saturdays debacle - Duffy needs some kind of result to keep the (growing number of) critics at bay. Big game for us.

I saw the pic of Pepper ( :unsure: ) with the crutches but haven't seen any report regarding the actual injury. Do we know what injury he has. ? We need him back asap.

After Saturdays debacle - Duffy needs some kind of result to keep the (growing number of) critics at bay. Big game for us.

Hagi said last week that he hurt his knee in training, nothing serious, and was a doubt for the Spartans game. He didn't have any crutches on Saturday, so hopefully he'll be back this week.

Stranraer should win, the only element of doubt being whether Dece McManus bails us out again. It's going to be a strange atmosphere given that the seethe from last week's cup shame hasn't even remotely subsided: none of the usual big licks if the players score and a casual trudge back to their own half would probably be reasonable behaviour.

We could be without a keeper for this one. Gaston has been struggling for weeks, Caraux is out, and the young lad McGowan was sent off for the development squad this week, which I believe rules him out of this game. We apparently have Grant Adam training with us, so he may be playing as a trialist tomorrow.

Hagi said last week that he hurt his knee in training, nothing serious, and was a doubt for the Spartans game. He didn't have any crutches on Saturday, so hopefully he'll be back this week.

Good news ,if so.

I had the good fortune of missing the Spartans game - so didn't see Pepper. Agree with VT on one point - a week later and I'm still nursing my wrath about that result.

We could be without a keeper for this one. Gaston has been struggling for weeks, Caraux is out, and the young lad McGowan was sent off for the development squad this week, which I believe rules him out of this game. We apparently have Grant Adam training with us, so he may be playing as a trialist tomorrow.

The Tele are reporting this today, so it looks like Adam will be starting tomorrow. Not much chance of him signing according to Duffy, he's just playing to cover for injuries.

According to this weeks SFA suspension list, McGowan misses 1 SPFL Development game. I assume he's available for tomorrow.

According to this weeks SFA suspension list, McGowan misses 1 SPFL Development game. I assume he's available for tomorrow.

Given the arse-up with the Peterhead-Ayr game, Duffy ought to put him on the bench to be safe (just in case we win this).

Bring back Di Giacomo.

:guns

I fear the wheels are going to come off after the humiliation of last weekend, but it remains to be seen if McManus can single-handedly drag us to a result again. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we're fourth at the end of the day though.

Archived