Berwick v Clyde

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barry has got to go now. I can't think of any positives about him as manager at all. He has taken our better players from last season and turned them into low confidence, low morale, low performance players. He has signed a load of shite and still has no idea what our best team and formation is!

It is back to being a slog going to the games and will lead to a further drop in crowds especially during the winter.

My opinion only, but I'd rather be dead than terminally ill. So with that pleasantly festive thought in mind why don't Clyde just quietly (and quickly) slip away into liquidation and leave us older fans with at least some memories of when there WAS a team that we could be proud of.

Fact is, now we are at the point where just scoring a goal in the exalted company of the flotsam and jetsam of the Scottish game is beyond our mob. We are at the bottom of 4 divisions where even the top of the top division is utter gash.

Shouting abuse at the team and manager won't help as they clearly wear their failure like a badge of honour. However, as a last resort I rather think an element of psychological abuse might do the trick. Feel free to add to the following suggestions:

Local ladies team promise to put out their strongest side if Clyde agree to a challenge match.

Clyde made to move their home games to Sundays because Cumbernauld Colts FC need Broadwood on Saturdays.

Large screen erected inside Broadwood on matchdays so fans have the opportunity to watch a decent match at the same time as the Clyde game.

My opinion only, but I'd rather be dead than terminally ill. So with that pleasantly festive thought in mind why don't Clyde just quietly (and quickly) slip away into liquidation and leave us older fans with at least some memories of when there WAS a team that we could be proud of.

Fact is, now we are at the point where just scoring a goal in the exalted company of the flotsam and jetsam of the Scottish game is beyond our mob. We are at the bottom of 4 divisions where even the top of the top division is utter gash.

Shouting abuse at the team and manager won't help as they clearly wear their failure like a badge of honour. However, as a last resort I rather think an element of psychological abuse might do the trick. Feel free to add to the following suggestions:

Local ladies team promise to put out their strongest side if Clyde agree to a challenge match.

Clyde made to move their home games to Sundays because Cumbernauld Colts FC need Broadwood on Saturdays.

Large screen erected inside Broadwood on matchdays so fans have the opportunity to watch a decent match at the same time as the Clyde game.

Shut up you complete moron!

Right BF beat it before you destroy players careers and a club with a great history and was about to rise again until you got your mitts on it.

Surely you have enough sense to see that you will NEVER be a manager.

Stick to your journalistic support of your beloved team,

WE DON'T WANT YOU.

Great win, but despite previous posts, it wasn't handed to us on a plate. A properly confident Berwick team might have got 8 or 9 against a shite Clyde team, but they at least worked hard enough to stop a rout.

My MoM goes to a defender in Kerr Young, but some honourable mentions for Paul Willis, Andy Russell, Dev Jacobs and the centre-mid partership of Currie and Notman.

Hope this "up" lasts more than 1 game...!

Hard to argue with all that's been said. There's just no positives - apart from I expect sweeping changes in January, but until then management and players need a right good look in the mirror

Hear what you're saying C4L, only problem being would you trust the guy who brought in all these players to wake up on January 1st & "suddenly" realize what a player looked like & not only that develop a vastly improved sense of tactical awareness & man management? Nothing there to suggest he will

AGM's Monday. If he's not gone by then, looks like he'll be there for the long haul. Would be better to get an experienced manager in now, assess squad ahead of any new blood he thinks needed in January & give him a fighting chance

Again, i won't comment on individual performances, as i didn't see them, but the majority of peoples wrath appears to be solely laid at the feet of the manager. Its individual errors that to my eye have costs us more than how the team is set-up, or chopped and changed when the same fucking cock-ups occur time and again. Blaming Ferguson for shattering players' fragile confidence isn't addressing anything...would they get away with the same schoolboy antics anywhere else??? He has not been anything like a success, but the players, with the opportunity to put some of it right, are clearly not doing their bit. What we do have on our side is that, being in the worst league in the country it shouldn't be difficult for the situation to be turned around, whether anyone, player or manager, is up for the fight remains to be seen. Early indications to me are that one of them is, and thd others are definitely not. I'll let others decide for themselves which is which.

You ok? You seemed to have done posted something without mentioning the chairman!

So when is your next big "discussion" planned and are you hoping for more than 3 people to turn up at the next one?

I'm fine thanks. It's "done posting", "posted" is past tense

So what would your plan be then, eh? We're all sitting comfortably, fire away

(you can ask your mum & dad to help you if need be, this isn't school)

Archived