Berwick v Clyde

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as tonight is concerned don't really think it matters if BF is there or not it will be the usual management speak determined to get it right working our socks off need some new players. I don't think we will drop out the league fans keep saying other teams will go on a run so will we I am more concerned on the plans for the club in the next 5 to 10 years we have wasted the laSt 20 months on an ek pipe dream and civil war over a name change time for the board to.try an unite the support not divide it

As far as tonight is concerned don't really think it matters if BF is there or not it will be the usual management speak determined to get it right working our socks off need some new players. I don't think we will drop out the league fans keep saying other teams will go on a run so will we I am more concerned on the plans for the club in the next 5 to 10 years we have wasted the laSt 20 months on an ek pipe dream and civil war over a name change time for the board to.try an unite the support not divide it

agree with your general point, but can you point to something specific that would suggest Clyde could go on a run? It can't be "at times they're playing good football". Right now the team is a total shambles. So is it just a gut feeling you have or anything more than that?

If Clyde don't have the wherewithal to remain in the 4th Division of one of Europe's poorest leagues (because that is what it is) then, for the exact same reason i.e. top to bottom mismanagement they will not be coming back from the abyss either.

You would like to think at any normal club the chairman would be asking the manager for an explanation, but if one is as clueless as the other then the exercise is pointless surely.....and in that case there aren't even any straws to clutch at - the obvious one being that we might win a relegation play-off. Hardly likely at a club which has been humiliated on a regular basis over the past 5 years or so. The fact that less than half way through the season there doesn't appear to be one person associated with the club who is looking at our chances of getting into the promotion shakeup says it all. And we all know that the teams who seek only to avoid relegation have already set the bar so low that they have wet dreams at the thought of mediocrity.

Barry Ferguson didn't "save Blackpool from relegation" last season: They would have been goners if the season had lasted another couple of weeks. That's almost certainly why he didn't get the gig on a permanent basis.

I'm no longer close to what's going on at the club so in a way the unambitious bumbling doesn't hurt like it once did. However, I would be interested to know why Knoxy didn't get the shout when Jim Duffy moved on - he has the experience, he has the connection and he would certainly get the backing of the support more than any other candidate within our reach.

Archived