Challenge Cup Final - Alloa Athletic v Livingston

BFTD

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES! Not really a classic but an easy win, SILVERWARE, and most importantly right now a much needed boost for everyone at the club, you never know, this could kick start the survival...there are some tough games ahead but a couple of results and we can do this!

Congratulations Livi you'll never get a trophy hand to you so easy again. Never got out of first gear today. Enjoy your night lads. I wish it was me.

Bunch of gutless b*****ds today. No one got a pass mark today. Total let down. We need a manager in asap. No point having a coach in charge who doesn't want the job full time. We deserve to be relegated.

On a positive note I'm thinking of chartering a boat from Alloa to Peterhead next season. Get in touch if you fancy the booze cruise.

Dunno Hibs handed one to us in 2004 without much of a fight.

Was pretty comfortable till we scored our 2nd then Alloa upped their tempo and had a go, had their shot off the post gone in to make it 2-1 then who knows how the game would've panned out. For once this season we got the rub of the green/woodwork and things went our way.

Hippo played a blinder for the first goal and set up another for a tap in just before he was subbed but we didn't stick that one away. Great subs by Burchill today too, both Glen and White combined for our 3rd and White rounded off a great day with our 4th.

Wasn't until we got our 3rd goal I felt totally comfortable though, you never know with Livi when we'll chuck away a 2 goal lead but even we couldn't lose from 3 goals up...................I was hoping.

Great day out with the weather making it a really enjoyable too.

Pathetic Alloa performance today. This particular Alloa side have given us many great days but unfortunately they saved one of their very worst performances for a big occasion. The game was a bit of a battle and Livingston were more up for it, we were never able to get the ball down and play and the defence were ropey. Not a single Alloa player did themselves justice and it's hugely frustrating to have just not shown up like that. Have to fear for morale too now. Fantastic day until 4.05. Absolutely shite thereafter.

Pathetic Alloa performance today. This particular Alloa side have given us many great days but unfortunately they saved one of their very worst performances for a big occasion. The game was a bit of a battle and Livingston were more up for it, we were never able to get the ball down and play and the defence were ropey. Not a single Alloa player did themselves justice and it's hugely frustrating to have just not shown up like that. Have to fear for morale too now. Fantastic day until 4.05. Absolutely shite thereafter.

The emboldened part in particular is just typical Alloa. We get a big game which a lot of stay-away Alloa supporters turn up for and they get subjected to that. That kind of attendance at a home league game would spur the players on big style but to be honest I'd take 9th now if offered it.

How much money have we spunked on players in the last two months? I'm not slating the lads(who have came in) individually but I think that money would've been better spent by getting the likes of a Jimmy Calderwood in to keep us up and win the cup. The same short term plan worked for Ross County a couple of years back.

It's ok for the hangers on and happy clappers like wasps1 to post about league status being more important than a trophy in the cabinet but the history books don't remember a team by league position. Who the f**k do we think we are? Some overhyped team in England where "4th place" apparently means more than winning a cup? Get to f**k!

Everyone apart from the team turned up today! Why is Tiff not starting? Is it because of the court case?

To sum up our season we will go and get a draw against Hearts on Wednesday.

Congratulations Livingston! Hope you enjoyed night?

Down to business now! A really pathetic display from all involved yesterday. Doyle yet again at fault for the first goal and McDowall is absolutely a bag of nervous and doesn't know what he's doing half the time. Buchanan who has had a decent season, was awol leaving chopra to deal with big punts up the park. Really just a disgraceful performance for a national cup final, if you can't get up for a game like that then just call it quits! Felt sorry for the Northampton town fans who travelled up for the game.

MM and the board have to take some responsibility for yesterday IMO. The failure to appoint a manager and leave a caretaker manager in charge who doesn't even want job is just stupid. Big martyn is spot on, we should have had someone in charge by now considering all the "high level" of interest in the job. Paddy got a 2-2 draw at ibrox some people may say, so what! Rangers were handing out points to livi and Cowdenbeath only a few games before. He clearly didn't have a clue yesterday, leaving it until the last 10 min to put spence on?? Come on now, it's a cup final and you're trailing in the game.

I fear the curtain has come down on our season, we will go down without a whimper. But I hope I'm wrong!

Credit to the supporters club for organising the pre match gathering at the tulloch institute, great fun had by all.

Archived