Celtic's Resources

Maybe a slight difference between helping teams become a little more competitive (again for their own benefit, the Cheltic are always pleading for competition) and looking after them.

But I agree, the Cheltic's main job should be ceasing to exist, or existing in some country that is not Scotland.

Who even said it's their job? They constantly claim to want competition, it's something THEY desire. So if they want that they COULD do something that would go some way towards making that happen instead of plotting ways to further increase that gap and clinging to delusional fantasies of joining major European leagues that don't want them.

It's like me saying, f**k I desire Scotland to be a sovereign state. Then doing absolutely nothing to try and make that happen, which of course I would be perfectly entitled to do, not my job after all to try and persuade people..

Is that really much different to what teams have been doing for the past few decades in attempting to play the OF at home as many times a season as they can? How is it any more pathetic to do it in a way that will improve the team on the pitch as opposed to just financially?

If Celtic were offering my team 2 solid loan players adding depth to my team, I'd hardly be complaining, m8. If we lived in a perfect world Celtic and Rangers wouldn't even exist, nevermind having to do shit like this just to try and narrow the gap.

Is that really much different to what teams have been doing for the past few decades in attempting to play the OF at home as many times a season as they can? How is it any more pathetic to do it in a way that will improve the team on the pitch as opposed to just financially?

If Celtic were offering my team 2 solid loan players adding depth to my team, I'd hardly be complaining, m8. If we lived in a perfect world Celtic and Rangers wouldn't even exist, nevermind having to do shit like this just to try and narrow the gap.

In a perfect world, teams would not have chairmen who cry because Rangers won't be in the top flight for three years at least. Not a perfect world.

You make a fair point on what's happened before, and it did play on my mind when I made that reply. But ultimately, it doesn't change what it is. Just because it has happened before, doesn't mean that more of it is okay. Especially when it's out in the open handouts to the charity cases that are the diddy teams.

If you'd genuinely be happy with that situation, you might as well go the full pelt and get a Parkhead season ticket.

Oh and you're not fooling anyone AWRA.

If you'd genuinely be happy with that situation, you might as well go the full pelt and get a Parkhead season ticket.

I at least had a little respect for you until you made that statement, that's just silly.

I don't really care who loans the players, but Celtic loaning them makes them weaker (especially if to multiple clubs) at the same time. It also gives the fringe players being loaned regular playing time too, increasing their development so there really are far more positives than negatives in my mind.

Like it or not other clubs in Scotland feed off of Celtic (and presumably still Rangers), it's just the way the game has developed here. I think they could just be a little more generous with their portions for the sake of the competitiveness they and most other people tend to want.

It's a practical, easy solution to a shitty situation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i've said enouigh times . celtic are the only team who need a strong rangers. without them , and that could be for alot longer than first thought. they will slowly come down to every one elses level.

Even with champions league money (20 mil) what does that buy you now in tearms of players? givens that english tv deals have caused hyper infation where very average players like ricky lambert are now worth several million. coupled with the fact that good players dont want to play in scotland. celtics options dont look great for them.

option one ; spend spend spend with the aim of competing past the group stage , even then they will loose money with the price of players these days even winning the champions league will costs more than youd make back in prize money for any team outside the big 4 leagues. they would continue to pish the league in front of empty stadiums . not attractive.

option 2. go back to the neil lennon era of having a squad full of half decent journey men to get the league rapped up quick smart and qualify for the cl group stage every year take the money and get pumped - works on paper but it was already gettin tedious for the fans who were deserting the league matches. you wonder just how much benefit they were actualy getting from this set up?

option 3- do what theyre doing just now and save money. runnning the risk of not sweaping the board and possibly not winning the league. not attractive either

without the other cheek this COULD be a once in a generation opertunity for other teams to challange.

Archived