St Mirren v St Johnstone, 6/12/14

A team of professional footballers who can't make ten yard passes to their own team mates. We are fucking gash.It is an absokute brass neck to County fans to still be below us.

There is a team in there but Tommy has shredded them of hope and confidence. Even good players last year have regressed.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because two months ago yous were giving it laldy about your top six chances and completely writing our chances of the top six out. Funny how the excuses youve used were laughed at by dundee fans back then

Cheers, you saved me the trouble ;)

To be fair Naismith, McLean and McGinn were back to their old selves. Wasn't nearly enough though.

I'll be honest I didn't even realise that McGinn was playing until his flying rugby tackle on O'Halloran. That said I did have a chuckle at that. I was the only way St Mirren could stop him today. Ohh and McLean seems to have a bit of the McGowan about his attitude, like a spoilt kid not getting his way.

To be fair Naismith, McLean and McGinn were back to their old selves. Wasn't nearly enough though.

McGinn is nowhere near the level he was last season. The goal was indirectly down to him as he gave the ball away and then rugby tackled the guy for the free-kick. He is a shadow of the player he was and I'm not convinced it's all down to the injury.

Disgraceful stuff from the old cretin again. The starting lineup was a joke, chucking in two under-20s again for the sake of it and giving Thompson, McGinn and Osbourne their third starts in a week when they're just back from injury. His pre-match interview was cringeworthy as usual.

The first half performance was the usual rancid stuff we've come to expect under Craig. Thompson was laughably off the pace and McGinn gave the goal away in addition to constantly losing possession. Osbourne completed about two passes and Drury didn't get a touch. Baird wasn't really any worse than any other centre backs we've had this year but Mallan doesn't look close to ready at Premiership level yet. I wonder if we actually do anything other than shooting in training because there's some talented players out there that have forgotten how to pass the ball three yards.

We had a good spell in the second half when Ball came on, he linked the play very well and won loads of headers but he really should have scored with a couple of decent chances. McLean and Naismith had their moments too but we couldn't get the goal and, frankly, that's about as good as it's going to get with Tommy 'Gay Abandon' Craig in charge.

If Thompson has got injured again, that is disgraceful mismanagement by playing him for so many minutes so suddenly after his return. Since Craig has spent the last few months telling us we'll be fine once Thompson's back, he surely has to resign after possibly finishing him off with a further injury.

I'm a season ticket holder but I've just been going to games for the sake of it recently. Today's incompetence is the final straw for me. I won't be back until that decrepit fud is gone and I'm sure I'm not the only one. The board have to act now.

I don't know if Thompson is done but he clearly shouldn't have been playing today. He was constantly at his right groin and was a statue for most of his 45 minutes on the park. He had to offload the ball first time as well as didn't want to have to attempt to spray the ball more than 10 yards. Maybe he did pick up the injury early in the game but thought he was noticeably in trouble from very early on.

Didn't think St Mirren were too bad in midfield, especially in the second half, but there's no real quality in the attacking areas, probably summed up by Craig's late throw of the dice being to bring a left back on at left midfield, with Marwood, Reilly, Teale and Caldwell all still available on the bench.

Believed St Mirren would go down after we beat them last March but Lennon and the players found something. Hard to see Tommy Craig doing the same as County are improving. New manager or not, they need better attacking players come January.

We're still not great but as an away performance, today was ok. McFadden has made a obvious difference with his ability to hold the ball in attacking areas but O'Halloran finding form has been vital too, as before that we were working with three attacking midfielders all playing poorly. Defensively were are back to looking pretty solid, with Mannus producing when the backline does get breached. Still feel Lappin falls out of games but Davidson isn't showing much coming off the bench either. Wasn't that bothered about keeping James Dunne from last season but he probably would have been a good signing if Stevenage hadn't put such a high fee on his head, as was their right though.

Point raised earlier about who we've played (four bottom six teams since second round of games started) was fair enough and possibly explains why we're so close to top six when we aren't playing that well. Much harder run coming now with five top six teams in a row, Partick Thistle, and then Inverness and Aberdeen again.

Quite enjoyed the match overall despite the weather. Consistent quality was lacking once again. We played reasonably well in patches and were the better team for the majority of the first-half. The second-half was far too open for my liking. We could have scored a few goals but St. Mirren looked equally dangerous and we wouldn't have had many complaints if they grabbed an equaliser. We really need to learn how to finish games off. We are constantly allowing the opposition far too much time and space.

What currently separates us from a couple of the teams below is our possession of that attacking quality now in McFadden and O'Halloran. The latter's goal was a great finish which I would never have expected him to be capable of a few weeks ago. It's amazing what a bit of confidence can do for you.

Perhaps McFadden had picked up a knock, but otherwise I was quite unimpressed with Tommy's decision to take him off and replace him with Davidson. We became less of an attacking threat after that. The change invited the opposition onto us when we really should have been looking to build on our lead.

Another week goes by and I remain unconvinced by Simon Lappin. A couple of very good crosses (and nothing much else) doesn't equate to an acceptable performance, in my view. It's a shame. I was really positive about his signing. Hopefully he can prove me wrong in the coming weeks.

Keep the faith, St. Mirren supporters. You showed that you're capable of putting up a bit of a fight. Unfortunately Ross County are also very capable of that and it's difficult to predict which direction this relegation race will take.

I think the management are being very careful with McFadden. As he tires in games, he obviously becomes more susceptible to picking up a little strain or something and as Tommy Wright so bluntly put it, he's no use to us in the stand for six weeks. Could be wrong but wouldn't surprise me if it's predetermined that he comes off after an hour or 70 minutes. The Davidson sub maybe seemed negative but we didn't have much in the way of attacking options on the bench. Morgan is clearly making up the numbers and Caddis hasn't been playing that well recently.

As I said I thought Lappin started alright but do agree he's been disappointing in the influence he's exerted over matches. Still hoping it could come with games as he's played so little football in the last few years. I think Wright could stick with Wotherspoon next week as it allows him to get the wide men to swap sides as happened for spells yesterday and he's generally more versatile to switching things during play. I agree his performance wasn't great but it was his first game back. He's had a poor season.

Why the f**k does Thommo keep getting started in these games? I know we're desperate, but everybody (except Tommy) knows that the best way to bring back medium/long-term injury victims is to reintroduce them as sub.

This is even more true if you're asking a guy to lead the line on his own. Either park him on the bench until he's got sharpness back, or at the very least, give him a striking partner.

It's hugely selfish of TC, TBH. Fucking shocking.

Why the f**k does Thommo keep getting started in these games? I know we're desperate, but everybody (except Tommy) knows that the best way to bring back medium/long-term injury victims is to reintroduce them as sub.

This is even more true if you're asking a guy to lead the line on his own. Either park him on the bench until he's got sharpness back, or at the very least, give him a striking partner.

It's hugely selfish of TC, TBH. Fucking shocking.

The sports scientist could have warned him about it, but Tommy sacked them.

Hes a championship player at best. Still amazed Wotherspoon is at a club like saints.

I still remember your predictions about May :P

Wotherspoon appears to play with very little confidence, which stops him from reaching the standard he is capable of on a consistent basis. He got a lift when he signed for Saints and was pretty good in the opening months of his time with us but when he has a few bad games, the head seems to drop more than most players. Hibs responded to that by dropping him, Tommy Wright tried to manage it by letting him play through it but that hasn't really worked either. The key could be simply making him believe in himself a bit more, as when he does, he can have a great end product as an attacking midfielder. His part in Stevie May's goal at Firhill last season was brilliant.

I thought Wotherspoon had a cracking game in the Cup Final. Then again, I don't see him play every week.

They all played well that day but he came back onto a game towards the end of last season in fairness, I should have acknowledged that. I think a lot of Saints fans were quite excited in the summer that despite losing Hasselbaink, we were going to have Wotherspoon, O'Halloran and a fitter Croft battling for attacking midfield slots. As it was, they all started the league season slowly.

That run in the final where he beat half the United team but then hit the tamest shot ever is a decent representation of him. Good ability but little confidence.

Archived