St Mirren v St Johnstone, 6/12/14

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst aspect about this game is that it's literally impossible for the St Mirren fans to experience a win here.

St Johnstone win? We lose. St Mirren win? Craig gets a stay of execution and we lose.

Fucking shite state of affairs. :(

This pretty much sums up my feelings. A win is desperately needed but will only serve to hurt us a little further down the line as it will buy him the Celtic and Motherwell matches for definite.

That being said, I love the club more than I hate TC and do want us to win, of course. I just can't stomach this guy being around in January if we somehow do manage to conjure up funds.

That being said, if (as expected) we do lose tomorrow, I'd rather an utterly shambolic pumping than a dodgy 1-0 that he can palm off as 'improvement'.

That being said, if (as expected) we do lose tomorrow, I'd rather an utterly shambolic pumping than a dodgy 1-0 that he can palm off as 'improvement'.

Yeah, improvement means f**k all if you're the one who lowered the standards in the first place.

The worst aspect about this game is that it's literally impossible for the St Mirren fans to experience a win here.

St Johnstone win? We lose. St Mirren win? Craig gets a stay of execution and we lose.

Fucking shite state of affairs. :(

This pretty much sums up my feelings. A win is desperately needed but will only serve to hurt us a little further down the line as it will buy him the Celtic and Motherwell matches for definite.

That being said, I love the club more than I hate TC and do want us to win, of course. I just can't stomach this guy being around in January if we somehow do manage to conjure up funds.

Isn't that how St Mirren fans felt a few times with Lennon? He was surely close to being sacked but then the team would pull off a win from nowhere.

I know they won a league cup, but otherwise that, and this situation now, isn't progress.

Must make you guys so frustrated.

Isn't that how St Mirren fans felt a few times with Lennon? He was surely close to being sacked but then the team would pull off a win from nowhere.

I know they won a league cup, but otherwise that, and this situation now, isn't progress.

I pointed out on B&WA - while we weren't progressing hugely under Lennon, we weren't really going backwards either. We are currently going backwards faster than an Italian tank.

(You're right, there were shite and worrying spells under Lennon, but this is putting those into perspective.)

Danny earned the extra time because of the cup win and he seemed like a genuinely decent man. He left at the right time, his cv looks pretty good in all honesty and the cup win did paper over the poor league form before and after it.

TC has turned on the fans, there's no coming back from that.

St. Mirren fans, everybody.

Fan. Singular. There aren't several of me posting.

Anyway. A very selective piece of quoting and well you know it. I've given my reasons for this chain of thought and that that I don't actually hope we do lose, but you pick out the one part of the quote which suits your wee agenda.

Fan. Singular. There aren't several of me posting.

Anyway. A very selective piece of quoting and well you know it. I've given my reasons for this chain of thought and that that I don't actually hope we do lose, but you pick out the one part of the quote which suits your wee agenda.

It's ok Supras, I've got this.

Err no, blah blah, you're having a nightmare and out of your depth, blah blah.

Be specific.

It's ok Supras, I've got this.

Err no, blah blah, you're having a nightmare and out of your depth, blah blah.

Be specific.

It's easy to sit back and be condescending from afar, he admits he's only been to a single match this season due to living away. To be fair to him, because of this, I don't think he's quite grasped how dramatically we've regressed this season and how desperately obvious it is that we need a change and that in a lot people's opinion, every game we keep Tommy Craig at the helm is significantly reducing our chances of staying in this division.

For the record, any new manager who comes in, essentially has this season as a freebie in my eyes and won't be judged until he has both his own squad and his own staff in place. If we stay up, great, if we go down, well he did have pretty shite tools at his disposal.

The difference is with Craig that he had an infrastructure and squad there that he was at least partly and a most jointly responsible for building. He also won few fans from the manner in which he slithered into DL's chair before it was cold (I recall calling him a 'weasel' the day he took the job and got an absolute slaughtering for it on B&W army....his actions then and since in regards to media and fan interaction haven't changed that opinion) and I pretty much said at the time that he'd be given less leeway than an outsider.

Archived