St Mirren v St Johnstone, 6/12/14

We've still not put 90 minutes together for a good while so St Mirren will get an opportunity to make their mark in this match but equally we have at least produced decent spells in all four matches since Ibrox. I suspect Wright would have stuck with the same team as started both games against County and although it would have been interesting to see how the front four did in an away match, I'm equally keen to see if we look more solid with a more defensively aware player than the suspended Croft in there. Jamie is probably right about Wotherspoon coming in and I suppose that is the safest option, although he's been very poor this season. If Wright opted for Davidson and a couple of positional changes, it wouldn't be the end of the world for me.

Would be nice to keep a clean sheet as the defence have been playing better but we've still only had one in the last nine league games. A similar defensive performance to Firhill would be good but we've got more attacking confidence than we did back then which can hopefully yield something positive.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yeah he did. But surely that's simply asking for trouble on a huge scale? I'm talking like career ending if he keeps playing Thommo at this rate.

Yeah, it seems TC doesn't give a toss. He said at the AGM he is pinning all his hopes on Thommo getting us out this mess. If there is anyone that can do it is his the great man himself but playing him 2 games in a row for over 2 and a half hours, in the space of a few days, against a physical team like ICT is asking for trouble.

Wright and Anderson won't go easy on him either :( .

Yeah, it seems TC doesn't give a toss. He said at the AGM he is pinning all his hopes on Thommo getting us out this mess. If there is anyone that can do it is his the great man himself but playing him 2 games in a row for over 2 and a half hours, in the space of a few days, against a physical team like ICT is asking for trouble.

Wright and Anderson won't go easy on him either :( .

Can almost guarantee Frazer Wright going through at least once. :lol:

Now I like Thommo, but surely he's clever enough and he's been around long enough to turn around to Craig and simply say, "no I'm not playing". Then again that would probably open a whole new can of worms for sure. Not a good time for St Mirren, that's for sure.

We've still not put 90 minutes together for a good while so St Mirren will get an opportunity to make their mark in this match .

You could take your 'keeper off the park for 10 minutes and we still wouldn't score.

We really are that bad.

I wouldn't put money on us to beat a 2nd division team at present with the halfwit we have as a manager.

Well yeah he did. But surely that's simply asking for trouble on a huge scale? I'm talking like career ending if he keeps playing Thommo at this rate.

You don't seem to realise that our manager has as much footballing sense as the out of date can of Coke in the fridge at my work.

Jamie is probably right about Wotherspoon coming in and I suppose that is the safest option, although he's been very poor this season.

While I agree he's been pretty poor this season, he made a massive difference after coming on against Dundee, and looked dangerous against County on Saturday, certainly worthy to be contending for a starting place even if Croft wasn't suspended to me.

I also prefer O'Halloran on the left, as Lappins the only other option and it makes us a bit defensive when hes on that wing, but then again we might need that with it being an away game.

sometimes I feel like I'm arguing with myself :lol:

Last seasons game was a cracker. In glorious sunshine, 7 goals, 2 penalties a red card and a Rory Fallon goal, what more could anyone have wanted?

So for that reason I'll be there, I actually quite like going to Paisley, mainly cause you can drink in Glasgow and then jump off the train and it drops you 100 yards from the stadium.

St Mirren fans are understandably playing down their chances on Saturday but our last away game was at Dundee and our first half performance that day will have been as bad as anything St Mirren have produced this season. Long way to go before I'm confident that showings like that are behind us. If we play as we did for about 30 minutes in both games against County, we'll give ourselves a good chance but over the last four games that folk are pointing to as an unbeaten run, we've produced little over 135 minutes of decent football out of 360 minutes. Motherwell and Dundee should have had us buried by half-time and don't think many could have argued if County had come back from two down against us in both league and cup, although especially on Saturday, we did have opportunities to add what would surely have been a decisive third goal.

I know St Mirren's results in November haven't been great but all their home matches have been tight since the United game at the end of August. I think St Mirren will score on Saturday and we've only managed two goals in a single league match twice in our last 13 league games.

St Mirren fans are understandably playing down their chances on Saturday but our last away game was at Dundee and our first half performance that day will have been as bad as anything St Mirren have produced this season. Long way to go before I'm confident that showings like that are behind us. If we play as we did for about 30 minutes in both games against County, we'll give ourselves a good chance but over the last four games that folk are pointing to as an unbeaten run, we've produced little over 135 minutes of decent football out of 360 minutes. Motherwell and Dundee should have had us buried by half-time and don't think many could have argued if County had come back from two down against us in both league and cup, although especially on Saturday, we did have opportunities to add what would surely have been a decisive third goal.

I know St Mirren's results in November haven't been great but all their home matches have been tight since the United game at the end of August. I think St Mirren will score on Saturday and we've only managed two goals in a single league match twice in our last 13 league games.

You'll probably know better than anyone, although Kyle might also know, but do we not have a fairly decent record of being the team that "sacks" a manager? As in we're the team a manager faces in his last match before being sacked. We've already got McCall this season but I've got it in my head we've had a few in the past few years.

Archived