St Mirren v St Johnstone, 6/12/14

St Mirren in howling form and on the manager's back, St Johnstone in good form and looking to put daylight between themselves and the relegation battle.

Home win all over this then...

Massive frustration that we lost to St Mirren at McDiarmid last time out. We really shouldn't have lost it and I fully believe the Ross County team we've beaten twice in a row over the past two weekends are a far better side.

Looks like we'll be missing Croft but is expect Wotherspoon to slot straight in on the right and otherwise to line up with the same XI.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tempted to head on the train for this one. I still haven't been to St. Mirren Park. As has been mentioned already, Croft probably won't be available unless there is an appeal. Like Jamie Beatson, I expect Spoony to replace him on the right in an otherwise unchanged XI. This is a huge opportunity for Wotherspoon to impress.

This really is a match we should be winning. I expect us to race into a 2-0 lead before panicking and playing terribly for the rest of the match. The home side will get a goal and the away supporters will be on tenterhooks until the final whistle.

We've looked capable of smashing in goals in the last few games, and we completely ripped County apart at will in the opening stages on Saturday. So its quite possible we could demolish the Midden here, after all we are due to hand out a pumping.

Not confident enough to actually predict that though, as we're entirely unpredictable and it always seems like St Mirren are our bogey side. Thompson usually causes us some bother but he'll hopefully be nowhere near fit.

Think this result depends on how much shooting practice we do in the next couple of days. Marc McAusland already showed his shooting ability has improved on Saturday. The defence has been performing admirably throughout the season, not particularly bothered about that.

Think this result depends on how much shooting practice we do in the next couple of days. Marc McAusland already showed his shooting ability has improved on Saturday. The defence has been performing admirably throughout the season, not particularly bothered about that.

We just aren't scoring enough goals. That's basically the only problem with St Mirren FC right now.

I was just doing irony/joining buddie06smfc's joke.

It's all Tommy Craig talks about, as if there's nowt wrong with the rest of the team/tactics.

Got it. Plenty far wrong just now.

Previous seasons you could always rely on St Mirren struggling and then pulling off a few results near the end to see them safe.

Can that happen again this time?

Never rated Lennon - he didn't win promotion for Cowdenbeath, they benefited from Livi's financial problems.

Didn't understand Craig's appointment, unless it was cheap.

Good they won the league cup - but they should've won it twice (I know it was Gus that time).

Last season's 4-3 was an exciting match, unlike many of our recent encounters.

Who knows what'll happen this time.

Who knows what'll happen this time.

I do, I know exactly what'll happen. St. Johnstone will win. Probably with daylight between us.

I have hospitality on Saturday and I simply can't trust myself to keep my mouth shut when we turn in another par for the course performance.

There's on way Thompson, Osbourne and McGinn can play 3 games in a week is there??

That's madness if so. I think we'll win, I also suspect it'll be 2-1 and that there will be at least 1 red card. I feel Graham has to score eventually and always predicting a Spoony goal, so I will yet again.

There's on way Thompson, Osbourne and McGinn can play 3 games in a week is there??

That's madness if so. I think we'll win, I also suspect it'll be 2-1 and that there will be at least 1 red card. I feel Graham has to score eventually and always predicting a Spoony goal, so I will yet again.

You do know who our manager is?

Of course they will. I even think Thommo played 90 mins last night, I switched the radio off with about 20mins to play.

You do know who our manager is?

Of course they will. I even think Thommo played 90 mins last night, I switched the radio off with about 20mins to play.

Well yeah he did. But surely that's simply asking for trouble on a huge scale? I'm talking like career ending if he keeps playing Thommo at this rate.

Archived