The Dumbarton Terrace - Scottish football's 50 greatest moments of

Hi folks,

Started a new (almost) daily feature on The Dumbarton Terrace to go right up to Christmas, recording Scottish football's 50 greatest moments of 2014 (hoping that nothing happens in December that could force its way into the countdown!).

Today the series starts with numbers 50 to 46 and Hearts and Falkirk (as well as Cowdenbeath to a lesser extent) all feature. You can give it a read here: http://thedumbartonterrace.wordpress.com/2014/12/03/scottish-footballs-50-greatest-moments-of-2014-numbers-50-46/

Will update this thread as and when Championship teams feature. Thanks for reading.

Hi folks,

Started a new (almost) daily feature on The Dumbarton Terrace to go right up to Christmas, recording Scottish football's 50 greatest moments of 2014 (hoping that nothing happens in December that could force its way into the countdown!).

That went well, then....But contingency plan in place!

Here are numbers 45-41, maybe of some interest to Cowdenbeath and Alloa fans: http://thedumbartonterrace.wordpress.com/2014/12/04/scottish-footballs-50-greatest-moments-of-2014-numbers-45-41/

Quite enjoying this, though not sure that Dundee signing three championship players should be anywhere near the "greatest moment of the year" list.

Thanks for the feedback and I take your point. Maybe it's because I support one of the three teams they signed those players from. McGinn certainly was a different class last year and 100 per cent deserved the step up. Why St Mirren didn't view him as a first-team player is beyond me.

Obviously didn't see Stewart every week but he must be doing something right at the top level if he's playing and scoring regularly. Bain also has taken his chance of late. Sometimes guys with potential can spend years playing in the lower leagues without getting a crack at a higher level and it was refreshing to see Dundee take a chance on those three.

Archived