Alloa v Sons

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think I speak for most (if not all) Sons' fans when I say good luck tonight. A victory on penalties would do us both nicely :P

Is it true that you've only got 11 fit outfielders or was someone on a Facebook group getting excuses in early?

Think I speak for most (if not all) Sons' fans when I say good luck tonight. A victory on penalties would do us both nicely :P

Is it true that you've only got 11 fit outfielders or was someone on a Facebook group getting excuses in early?

11 1st team players including goalkeepers I think it is, bench will be made up of youngsters.

Well done alloa, good luck for the final.

Hoping for a decent open competitive game and a sons win. Alloa seem to be better than us against the bigger sides but these games against our peers are huge.

442. Puh-leez?

Well done alloa, good luck for the final.

Hoping for a decent open competitive game and a sons win. Alloa seem to be better than us against the bigger sides but these games against our peers are huge.

442. Puh-leez?

That is where we seem to lack tbh, we'll take big teams to the wire any day but against our peers we seem to lack the fight and motivation atm. Hopefully we can turn that around because if we start taking more points from our peers this could be one of our best seasons ever.

Dear Santa, Please can you bring Ian and Boozy a new clipboard with an indelible 4-4-2 template on it so that the names just need to be filled in.

Also if you could leave Nishy a goal diagram and some jumping exercises that would be good.

Dear Santa, Please can you bring Ian and Boozy a new clipboard with an indelible 4-4-2 template on it so that the names just need to be filled in.

Also if you could leave Nishy a goal diagram and some jumping exercises that would be good.

see this clipboard shite, get it tae f**k.

4-4-2 and a cracking game, although on last nights evidence, alloa worry me slightly, but I have to be confident with our attacking team and their abilities

A lot of negativity from Dumbarton fans, what has changed within the team from last season?

We've spent a lot of the season playing boggin' defensive rigid football which doesn't suit a team that realistically can't defend. Last season we scored and conceded loads, and it was great to watch, this year we've conceded loads but scored very few (especially with Kane being out injured)

If, when the team is announced, we are playing 4-4-2 with Kane starting then I'll be confident we will win. If however we start with the miserable width-less 3-5-1-1 then we will most probably go in at half time at least a goal down.

Rogers

DVZ Graham Taggart MacDonald/Linton

McDougall Kirkpatrick Turner Gilhaney

Kane Fleming

^^^Strong team, width, goals = good chance of success.

We may well end up with something like this however:

Rogers

Graham Mair Mclaughlin

Gilhaney Turner Agnew Megginson Taggart

Fleming

Nish

^^^Weak team, no pace in defence, players out of position, lack of width, lack of goals = less chance of success.

We have to resort back to the defence that was part of the good run Taggart & Graham were playing very well together and Mair has done nothing to impress me yet.

With us having the week off and Alloa playing two tough matches in that time you'd expect us to have a slight edge here. We just don't know what team will turn up, or what team will be played. If everyone is fit there is no reason we shouldn't be going back to the team S08 has put above (4-4-2). Still think Megginson will keep his place over Shagger but I wouldn't be against the latter starting.

Don't know what to expect here. We were missing 6 against Hibs on Saturday and then 7 on Wednesday. Asghar came in for his first start because of all that and did well before getting injured. His replacement, the only senior player on the bench, had the flu. What kind of squad we will have available tomorrow and what state they will be in after a crazy week I don't know...it wouldn't actually surprise me if we got a bit of a doing. We never play well against the Sons anyway, even when we are at full strength.

These boys are good at proving me wrong though. Mon the Wasps.

My turn to be pessimistic now - those who are fit are bound to be still knackered by tomorrow. Fast Eddie, playing with the 'flu, and doing a decent job as well! They'll put a shift in nonetheless, but Dumbarton's players must be fancying a win against an exhausted band of legends. Would happily take a draw...I'm thinking 1-1. No doubt they'll go above and beyond once again, however :P

Interesting to read the Sons' views on why their season has maybe been a little flatter than expected. Obviously none of us were challenging for a play-off slot this season, but I would've expected Dumbarton to have a little daylight between us by now.

Wasps1 to do a considerably better job of the announcing than the guy at Livi who couldn't even say Nish correctly.

:lol: Please tell me he called him Colin Pish...

A decent wee ground too, look forward to a Roll n' Pie again.

As a fat b*****d, I've never quite dared to try this monstrosity. Is it worth the shame?

My turn to be pessimistic now - those who are fit are bound to be still knackered by tomorrow. Fast Eddie, playing with the 'flu, and doing a decent job as well! They'll put a shift in nonetheless, but Dumbarton's players must be fancying a win against an exhausted band of legends. Would happily take a draw...I'm thinking 1-1. No doubt they'll go above and beyond once again, however :P

Interesting to read the Sons' views on why their season has maybe been a little flatter than expected. Obviously none of us were challenging for a play-off slot this season, but I would've expected Dumbarton to have a little daylight between us by now.

As a fat b*****d, I've never quite dared to try this monstrosity. Is it worth the shame?

No unfortunately not, that would have been more understandable than calling him "Colin Niche (pronounced neesh) however :lol:

Re - Roll n Pie

Yeah, its ok. The bread roll absorbs any excess grease, after a few beers* its tasty.

*alcohol is key

Archived