Alloa v Sons

Football in general and Dumbarton in particular were better to watch in the 70s and 80s.

However fitness and tactics have moved on apace and I'd probably take our current team to win the hypothetical match against the far superior skilled 1972 side.

Indeed Wilf, Jackie Stewart would have loved to have four centre-halves to play in his starting eleven and would have bitten your hand off to have the goalscoring prowess of your bete noir ^_^

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed Wilf, Jackie Stewart would have loved to have four centre-halves to play in his starting eleven and would have bitten your hand off to have the goalscoring prowess of your bete noir ^_^

Aye there is that. However as the Spaniard, Big Roy, Laurie W and wee Peter Coleman have all testified to me, Stewart never discussed formations with the team and we were seriously then in a time where there was still such a thing as forward and half back lines.

I feel our current team would be 2-0 up before you could say sports science or chicken pasta. Kane (2)

Aye there is that. However as the Spaniard, Big Roy, Laurie W and wee Peter Coleman have all testified to me, Stewart never discussed formations with the team and we were seriously then in a time where there was still such a thing as forward and half back lines.

I feel our current team would be 2-0 up before you could say sports science or chicken pasta. Kane (2)

There was a clipboard at Boghead in those days, it hung in the Social Club and listed the bar prices.

Archived