Cup Semis & Cup Finals

So let's clear this up-

Two Semi Finals played on Saturday and both had different rules.

Newton Stewart had to play 120 minutes plus penalties to get to the final whilst Wigtown played 90 minutes no extra time just penalties.

Surely both games have to have the same rules or why wasn't the Wigtown Fleet Star game not a 1.30 pm KO?

Both Cup Finals have been handed to venues with poor spectator facilities ie no cover.

No cover at Lockerbie but it's 3G and then Creetown is a tattie field and no cover. These games are being played in December!!!!

Some terrible decisions being made by the big wigs who run the league.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently an appeal is going in to the league on this.

Wigtown asked for it to go to penalties while Fleet believed it should be extra time and were informed prior the game would be et then pens.

Can guarantee you that there is Nae chance the game could've had extra time!! Was far to dark!! And within about 20-25 minutes of the shoot out finishing it was pitch black!! For years it has been the case that 90 minutes are played then should the game be a draw the ref has to decide if extra time and penalties can be done before it goes pitch black!! There haven't been very many (if any) games played at Tram that have had extra time that I could think of!!

So let's clear this up-

Two Semi Finals played on Saturday and both had different rules.

Newton Stewart had to play 120 minutes plus penalties to get to the final whilst Wigtown played 90 minutes no extra time just penalties.

Surely both games have to have the same rules or why wasn't the Wigtown Fleet Star game not a 1.30 pm KO?

Both Cup Finals have been handed to venues with poor spectator facilities ie no cover.

No cover at Lockerbie but it's 3G and then Creetown is a tattie field and no cover. These games are being played in December!!!!

Some terrible decisions being made by the big wigs who run the league.

Must admit I do love going to Creetown for games as they are always great there but I would've thought that the logical venue for the final between Wigtown & Newton would've been Stair Park, Stranraer due to it being floodlit, Stranraer being scheduled to be away from home that day and that a fair few players do come from Stranraer!!

Can guarantee you that there is Nae chance the game could've had extra time!! Was far to dark!! And within about 20-25 minutes of the shoot out finishing it was pitch black!! For years it has been the case that 90 minutes are played then should the game be a draw the ref has to decide if extra time and penalties can be done before it goes pitch black!! There haven't been very many (if any) games played at Tram that have had extra time that I could think of!!

Therefore start the game an hour earlier?

Creetown need to stop taking stuff so personally , well done you have nice changing rooms. The pitch is not a good surface , it's up and down all over the place . As a player myself I disagree with the location of the wigtown newton final. It's a joke . Saints or stair park would be the ideal pitches.

If the league title was decided on who had the biggest showers then yes , Creetown would maybe win something but it's football and at the end of the day the pitch is sh**e

Creetown need to stop taking stuff so personally , well done you have nice changing rooms. The pitch is not a good surface , it's up and down all over the place . As a player myself I disagree with the location of the wigtown newton final. It's a joke . Saints or stair park would be the ideal pitches.

If the league title was decided on who had the biggest showers then yes , Creetown would maybe win something but it's football and at the end of the day the pitch is sh**e

Creetown will stop taking it personally when their ground or team is not dragged into decisions they did not make. If you have a problem with venues write to or email league secretary adding your name and address. Don't come on here and use a faceless name to slag my wee team and club off. If you really think that about pitch, when did you last play on it, Saturday playing surface was good and allowed both teams to play football. Also why don't you come down and tell Eck and Flash about how bad it is personally, they always welcome constructive criticism. As for Tango Man you come out of hiding as well and show your true colours, which wonderful facility do you attend every week

Seriously getting fed up of constant harping on by individuals being disrespectful to what everyone at our club is trying to do. Secretary of SOSL has made a decision and for what its worth I believe Haig Gordon should have been played at Kirkcudbright since it was donated from there. But I am not slagging off him or any other club for this, so why bring us into your petty, pathetic, excuses for life. Rant over

Wasn't long ago I played on that pitch sir. Again it seems like you are getting all worked up because someone is saying something you don't like . I'm allowed an opinion and What I'm saying is true . You are an old man who stands on the side line . You don't know what the pitch is like to play on, it's not the worst i will give you that. But I'm sorry to hurt your feeling when I say this , it's not the best.

Creetown will stop taking it personally when their ground or team is not dragged into decisions they did not make. If you have a problem with venues write to or email league secretary adding your name and address. Don't come on here and use a faceless name to slag my wee team and club off. If you really think that about pitch, when did you last play on it, Saturday playing surface was good and allowed both teams to play football. Also why don't you come down and tell Eck and Flash about how bad it is personally, they always welcome constructive criticism. As for Tango Man you come out of hiding as well and show your true colours, which wonderful facility do you attend every week

Seriously getting fed up of constant harping on by individuals being disrespectful to what everyone at our club is trying to do. Secretary of SOSL has made a decision and for what its worth I believe Haig Gordon should have been played at Kirkcudbright since it was donated from there. But I am not slagging off him or any other club for this, so why bring us into your petty, pathetic, excuses for life. Rant over

It's still a tattie/coo field.

Nithsdale for example is a brilliant grass pitch.

Wasn't long ago I played on that pitch sir. Again it seems like you are getting all worked up because someone is saying something you don't like . I'm allowed an opinion and What I'm saying is true . You are an old man who stands on the side line . You don't know what the pitch is like to play on, it's not the worst i will give you that. But I'm sorry to hurt your feeling when I say this , it's not the best.

It's still a tattie/coo field.

Nithsdale for example is a brilliant grass pitch.

YesPlease - you can even be rude trying to be honest. There is a huge difference between what you called it the first time and "..It's not the best", with that I totally agree with you. As for who I am or what I am lol.

Tango man - I never claimed it was a brilliant pitch and I agree that Nithsdale's is an excellent pitch and facility. However you have no right or justification in your other comments on our wee club. Be a man and come along to next home game and discuss your thoughts face to face, I will respect you then.

YesPlease - you can even be rude trying to be honest. There is a huge difference between what you called it the first time and "..It's not the best", with that I totally agree with you. As for who I am or what I am lol.

Tango man - I never claimed it was a brilliant pitch and I agree that Nithsdale's is an excellent pitch and facility. However you have no right or justification in your other comments on our wee club. Be a man and come along to next home game and discuss your thoughts face to face, I will respect you then.

I am allowed to give my opinion as much as you are.

Creetowns pitch is the worst in the league by a country mile! How the league decided a cup final should be played there is laughable!

Yes biggie balls is correct

This is real quality took all that time to come back with that response, anyway my ovaltine is ready and time to put my teeth in the glass and get some sleep, need all my faculties to deal with you young rascals.

Apparently an appeal is going in to the league on this.

Wigtown asked for it to go to penalties while Fleet believed it should be extra time and were informed prior the game would be et then pens.

Interesting. Were the official procedures not followed?

14. Matches in all rounds shall be played to a finish. Whenever possible extra time of thirty minutes should precede kicks from the penalty mark. In exceptional circumstances, it may not be possible to play extra time in which case the tie will be settled directly by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark. Deciding upon this course of action is at the discretion of the referee. In order to allow the referee to be able to exercise this discretion, if required, the referee must, in all instances, obtain the agreement of both clubs prior to kick off.

Team lines should be marked and signed by officials from both clubs to confirm that the decision to go straight to kicks from the penalty mark was agreed prior to kick off. The officials who sign the off this aspect should be the same officials who sign off the team lines

http://www.southofscotlandfootballleague.co.uk/LeagueDocuments

Archived