Rangers v Cowdenbeath 6th Dec

I was trying to think back in all my years of supporting Cowden I just can't remember us causing an upset of any sort - obviously this would be in cup games but having the big three in the league makes it relevant. There will be the odd cup game where we have defeated a team in the league above but never a proper cup shock.

Anyone?

Correct. Annoying how poorly we play in games against bigger teams and in bigger cup games. Only one where we played half decent through memory was hibs at CP In scottish couple of years back.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could go either way. Rangers don't get an early goal the crowd will be on the players back early in the game and it will only get worse the longer the game goes. On the other hand the players should be hurting and if they get the early goal and are as up for it as they really should be then they could go on and give Cowdenbeath a very difficult time.

I know this wont happen but this is the perfect time for McCoist to drop some of the underperforming duds. Mohsni for a start...Start Daly and Clark. Is Zaliukas fit? Surely he cant be any worse than Mohsni.

Faure....Zaliukas....McGregor.....Foster

Temps........Black.........Shiels.........Aird

..................Clark and Daly...................

Obviously McCoist wont go with anything like that but there are options all over the park and these are reasonably decent options. I would also want to see a couple of the younger lads on the bench.

This could go either way. Rangers don't get an early goal the crowd will be on the players back early in the game and it will only get worse the longer the game goes. On the other hand the players should be hurting and if they get the early goal and are as up for it as they really should be then they could go on and give Cowdenbeath a very difficult time.

I know this wont happen but this is the perfect time for McCoist to drop some of the underperforming duds. Mohsni for a start...Start Daly and Clark. Is Zaliukas fit? Surely he cant be any worse than Mohsni.

Faure....Zaliukas....McGregor.....Foster

Temps........Black.........Shiels.........Aird

..................Clark and Daly...................

Obviously McCoist wont go with anything like that but there are options all over the park and these are reasonably decent options. I would also want to see a couple of the younger lads on the bench.

No McLeod?

No McLeod?

Did McLeod not come off with a hamstring injury?

As for Law...Drifts in and out of games. I would like to see Shiels at least given a run of games and it was a choice between Black or Law and Law has to drop out as we have nobody like Black other than Kyle Hutton but he simply isn't good enough and never will be.

Knowing McCoist the team will be the same starting XI as last night with the exception of McLeod if he is out injured

If he can survive last night he can survive anything!!

Lots of managers have been booted after a defeat from Cowden. It seems to be viewed as the final nail/last straw/ultimate humiliation.

Cannae see it happening on Saturday tho. Always hope Cowden do something crazy but just don't think the players available on Saturday can do it.

You forgot the bit where the ref refuses to give them a stonewall penalty in the last minute of the 20 th minute of added on time.

You talking about the one where Black scythes down Fraser? He gives them that but Miller hoofs it over the top of the Copeland Road stand.

Archived