Ayr info

Returning to Ayr after a number more than 6 years away, hope to take in Stenhousemuir game. Seem to remember a couple of good souvenir shops in town that sold good footie pin badges, one near Deano's chippy / Matalan other a bagpipe shop possibly Main Street just before or after the bridge . Anyone ken if they're still going and exactly where they are?

Many thanks

Stevie

Returning to Ayr after a number more than 6 years away, hope to take in Stenhousemuir game. Seem to remember a couple of good souvenir shops in town that sold good footie pin badges, one near Deano's chippy / Matalan other a bagpipe shop possibly Main Street just before or after the bridge . Anyone ken if they're still going and exactly where they are?

Many thanks

Stevie

Ooft you have been away for a while HeathfieldExpat. Don't think these shops still exist if I'm honest. I am partial to collecting wee pin badges etc now and again and know that Mr McJannet who runs the club shop has a small selection of pin badges which are very nice, I have myself a few of them. I also, personally have some Ayr Service Crew limited edition ones should you be interested then you can send me a PM.

Enjoy your stay in our wonderful town, while watching by far the greatest team the world has ever seen (going through a bit of a sticky patch at the moment, but so are our brothers in Dortmund so I wouldn't worry too much, the chairman will sort it oot).

Cracking Youth double header this Sunday for all Ayr United fans :

U17S v Airdrie 11.00 am Kick Off at Belmont Academy. League Match with the young Honest Men sitting on 12pts out of 12 so far and Airdrie also well placed in the New 17s League.

U20S V Annan 01.00 pm Kick Off at Somerset . Scottish Youth Cup.

Its a tough time for Ayr fans at present.

The Academy seems to be the one bright spot about the Club at present , take in the 17s Top of the Table clash at Belmont tomorrow morning and then the 20s at Somerset for an insight into the players in the pipeline.

17s maintained their 100% league record ( 15 pts out of 15 ) with a hard fought 5-4 home win over Airdrie.

20s were cruising into the last 8 of the Little Big Shot Scottish Youth Cup , 4-1 up at Home to Annan , when a Hailstorm stopped play ! Came away at that point. Anybody know final score ?

Archived