Raith v Livi

I'm guessing Crawford Allan made a monumental f**k up at a previous Rovers game? He got most of the big calls right on Saturday, including giving Nade nothing despite his best Calum Elliot impressions.

As well as the Ayr United game, back in our promotion push season for the premier league, 2010/2011( I think). We had a Fife Derby with Dunfermline. It was a massive game, he sent Allan Walker off right before half time, and then during half time, it comes over the tannoy that he sent Dougie Hill off during the break for having his hands around Falkinghams neck down the tunnel. Despite the fact, both were probably red cards anyway, he still put us from 11 players down to 9 in 2 mins in probably one of our most important games of the season. That's another reason, that he is extremely hated amongst the rovers support.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm aways intrigued by the issue of pivotal moments in football games. There are little bits of luck (or individual skill) which have led to wonderful displays from the Rovers (I've a long memory!) and similarly, the opposite. There's no excuse for us losing 5 yesterday - thoroughly unprofessional. But strangely, we created more chances than we a have for a wee while with 10 V 11. I'm convinced that we could have had a very different day but for the crucial early incidents. I was convinced at the time that Burchill dived. I now see that I was right. But sadly, it probably was still a penalty. Perry tugged him. Then a second later, he dived. Within his rights many would say. Don't know. However, the sending off completely changed the ensuing 88 minutes.

Then right after that, Nade's almost through and goes down. I don't think he dived. He's a striker who wants to score goals. He'd rather have scored than anything else. Looking closely, it could well have been a trip. And then a sending off. Very big decision from Allan who gave us nothhing all day. Again, everything changes if the guy had walked. No way would we have lost 5 - 1 nor even lost at all, in my opinion.

So, not excusing the Rovers at all, and would love to see Murray go, but with a different ref it could have been a very different day.

And by the way, nobody seems to have mentioned the second half incident where Nade was wrestled to ground with an arm around his windpipe and was given a foul against him! Clear penalty. Too late to change the game though.

Not sure if you're at the wind up here. Burchill was fouled, he was going down, went down dramatically yep (emphasizing he was fouled), but was still going down.

Nade, well he just plainly decided to fall down in an attempt to get our player sent off. Can remember him falling a lot in our last game too, for a big guy the change in the wind seems to knock him over at times.

I'd probably fine Nade his appearance fee if he gets one, a couple of days wages if not. He's through on goal with a great chance to score and has made the choice to dive. Disgraceful.

I'd probably fine Nade his appearance fee if he gets one, a couple of days wages if not. He's through on goal with a great chance to score and has made the choice to dive. Disgraceful.

Completely agree here. My point is that, yes whilst he was touched, we've all seen him get far rougher treatment and he stays on his feet. He's a big, strong guy and if you look at it closely he throws himself to the ground when, if he stays on his feet which he could easily do, then he's one on one with their keeper.

I've seen Elliot do that a few times and specifically remember a match v Cowdenbeath last season where he beat his defender, got a slight tug on the arm, and then through himself to the floor when he was free and clear and we had a 3 on 2. There just seems to be a complete lack of discipline in our club and that stems from the manager. Players will continue to do what they're doing if a manager comes out, after losing 5-1 at home to a team bottom of the table, and simply put's it down to bad luck and poor refereeing. It gives them an easy excuse if the manager is being seen to accept it.

I think the defender has done enough to put Nade off his stride and the ball is getting away from Nade. He's then tried to "emphasise the foul" in the style of Mark Burchill. It's then up to the referee to decide whether or not the initial contact (if there was any) constituted a foul, and throwing yourself to the ground like that is always going to turn the ref against you. It's one of these ones that technically probably is a foul, if there's any contact at all, but few referees will give it if it just stalls the striker's run. There's no excuse for throwing yourself to the ground like that, but players recognise they're unlikely to get a freekick without it.

He's refereed 14 Raith matches and we've only won two.

He's actually refereed 23 Raith matches with us winning only six. All stats here. Maybe some other pedant can trawl through the whole lot to find out who has benefited most from his undoubted ability.

He's actually refereed 23 Raith matches with us winning only six. All stats here. Maybe some other pedant can trawl through the whole lot to find out who has benefited most from his undoubted ability.

I've never even seen that website before. Good find. Goes back further than the one I'd looked at. I hope we have a reasonable break until his 24th Raith game.

As well as the Ayr United game, back in our promotion push season for the premier league, 2010/2011( I think). We had a Fife Derby with Dunfermline. It was a massive game, he sent Allan Walker off right before half time, and then during half time, it comes over the tannoy that he sent Dougie Hill off during the break for having his hands around Falkinghams neck down the tunnel. Despite the fact, both were probably red cards anyway, he still put us from 11 players down to 9 in 2 mins in probably one of our most important games of the season. That's another reason, that he is extremely hated amongst the rovers support.

Personally I don't think it should be a foul to put your hands around Falkingham's neck. :rolleyes:

I think Burchill went down easily but Perry made it easy for the ref by visibly tugging his shirt first.

I expected our man to be sent off at the Nade incident just because refs have given us hee haw all season. But again Nade went down easily only this time it was just slight contact without the shirt pulling. I think Nade's reputation probably precedes him too. Not that that ever seems to apply to Elliot.

I remember a night game last season at Starks when Elliot blatantly dived and got the penalty in front of the the Livi crowd behind the goals. The penalty was saved but a few minutes later Elliot again went down and looked as if he had at least lost a leg with the histrionics going on. Danny Denholm was sent off for that one whereupon Elliot jumped up and high fived Paul Watson.

So some you win... and all that.

Personally I don't think it should be a foul to put your hands around Falkingham's neck. :rolleyes:

I think Burchill went down easily but Perry made it easy for the ref by visibly tugging his shirt first.

I expected our man to be sent off at the Nade incident just because refs have given us hee haw all season. But again Nade went down easily only this time it was just slight contact without the shirt pulling. I think Nade's reputation probably precedes him too. Not that that ever seems to apply to Elliot.

I remember a night game last season at Starks when Elliot blatantly dived and got the penalty in front of the the Livi crowd behind the goals. The penalty was saved but a few minutes later Elliot again went down and looked as if he had at least lost a leg with the histrionics going on. Danny Denholm was sent off for that one whereupon Elliot jumped up and high fived Paul Watson.

We've not been liquidated yet, we're still just known as Livi..

Elliott and particularly Watson took some abuse from the Livi fans on Saturday and rightly so, that incident is exactly the reason why.

It's amazing how good fans memories are when it comes to things like that, the sad thing was most Livi fans liked Watson even after his move to rovers and before his high five antics, and now he's one of the most hated players amongst Livi fans for exactly that incident.

We all see things with our own bias. I agree that Elliot goes down easily and I was embarrassed by Thomson's dive at Cowden last season. However, I don't think Nade dived on Saturday. I don't even think he went down as theatrically as Burchill. He was complaining to the ref for literally the whole match. If he'd dived he'd have just moaned at the time. I don't expect Livi fans to agree. As I say, we're all biased including those Rovers fans who would rather accuse their own players of diving because to allow any external excuse for poor results means letting Murray off the hook. Some of us tend to blame referees; some "cheating" opposition; some supposed lack of effort from our own team; some the manager; some the board. You pays your money you takes your choice.

Archived