Elgin City vs Arbroath

A point is probably more than we deserved, our midfield weren't really at the races today, especially in the 2nd half.

Pitch was quite heavy and after a match on a fairly grassy pitch on Saturday, there may have been a bit of fatigue creeping in.

A lot of similarities with the Annan midweek game a few weeks back but we couldn't hold on this time despite McCallum's best efforts.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would have been satisfied with a draw before the game and satisfied with a draw based on the 90 minutes. As mentioned I think we struggled in the centre of the park a bit tonight, Adam Hunter making a few uncharacteristic errors, and El Zubaidi (our number 5) struggled at times with Elgin's direct approach at times, the first time I've seen this happen this season. Either team could have won it, although potentially Elgin would have deserved 3 points more than ourselves, after having several good chances in either half resulting in some excellent saves from McCallum.

One things for sure, as I said on Saturday, Simon Murray is a fucking hero ;)

Just back. Thought we played some good stuff for the most part. Agree centre mid lost a few battles and their big guy up front caused a few probs for our centre backs. Having said that we had elgin defending in numbers most of the 2nd half. Thought we deserved the 3 points but settle for 1.

Would have been satisfied with a draw before the game and satisfied with a draw based on the 90 minutes. As mentioned I think we struggled in the centre of the park a bit tonight, Adam Hunter making a few uncharacteristic errors, and El Zubaidi (our number 5) struggled at times with Elgin's direct approach at times, the first time I've seen this happen this season. Either team could have won it, although potentially Elgin would have deserved 3 points more than ourselves, after having several good chances in either half resulting in some excellent saves from McCallum.

One things for sure, as I said on Saturday, Simon Murray is a fucking hero ;)

Do you think Simon Murray could end up being the top scorer in the division come the end of the season?

Do you think Simon Murray could end up being the top scorer in the division come the end of the season?

Him/McManus are full of goals, its possible.

Simon Murray.... Was he the wee ginger haired guy? No10 I think it was he was wearin? Looks like a good wee player you have there

Thats the man. Signed from the juniors, our best signing along with Whatley for a long long long time IMO.

Simon Murray.... Was he the wee ginger haired guy? No10 I think it was he was wearin? Looks like a good wee player you have there

Yea that's him. Lacks composure at times (not last night) but rind himself into the ground

Archived