The Dim Duffy TTG Thread

You guys want to get a grip.

Jim Duffy is a respected coach and manager with all who actually know something about the game. He is attempting to build a team to gain promotion this term and is bang on track, so what exactly do you expect? A runaway league win? Clearly that was never going to happen with the resources at his disposal. He has put together a competent team which will only get better.

What is your thing with for example Lamie FFS. He is doing a decent job. I sometimes wonder what games you guys are actually watching at times and what your expectation levels are.

Get behind the team instead of making a profession of picking up on every minute error and doing your best to erode their confidence.

Your comments are deserving of a team in the Lowland league and not a team presently genuinely pushing for promotion to the Championship. Give the guys a break and be thankful for what you have and not some delusional aspirations that you will probably never get.

We are not worthy. :thumsup2

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim Duffy is a respected coach and manager with all who actually know something about the game. He is attempting to build a team to gain promotion this term and is bang on track, so what exactly do you expect? A runaway league win? Clearly that was never going to happen with the resources at his disposal. He has put together a competent team which will only get better.

What is your thing with for example Lamie FFS. He is doing a decent job. I sometimes wonder what games you guys are actually watching at times and what your expectation levels are.

Get behind the team instead of making a profession of picking up on every minute error and doing your best to erode their confidence.

Your comments are deserving of a team in the Lowland league and not a team presently genuinely pushing for promotion to the Championship. Give the guys a break and be thankful for what you have and not some delusional aspirations that you will probably never get.

Pish!

Jim Duffy is a respected coach and manager with all who actually know something about the game.

Erm no, he doesn't. If he knew about the game he would know you only need 2 centre backs with maybe 2 back ups incase injury/suspension. We have seven centre backs and no full backs so we're playing 2 centre backs at full back every single week. Not to mention Duffy also likes to play them in the middle of the park. He's a moron.

He is attempting to build a team to gain promotion this term and is bang on track, so what exactly do you expect? A runaway league win? Clearly that was never going to happen with the resources at his disposal. He has put together a competent team which will only get better.

He has attempted to build a squad but he has miserably failed. We have one or two good players one of which is the top scorer and will be off next week. Where are the goals coming from after Declan goes? Has Duffy found a replacement? I doubt it, well because he's Jim Duffy. We have the second largest budget it the league so yes, I'd be expecting ourselves & Dunfermline to be well clear at the top by now not behind two part-time teams after eighteen league games, that's nothing short of embarrassing.

Duffy's dynamos may not be top of the league but at least we all have open attractive football to watch every week....on match of the day.

This and last season are an embarrassment for our once mediocre football club.

No surprise there

Whoosh :lol:

Ok answer me this:

What has Jim Duffy achieved at any football club to merit a job at a promotion chasing side?

What has Jim Duffy done since joining Morton to suggest he should be kept until the end of the season?

Where realistically do you see Morton finishing this season under Duffy?

Be very specific with your answers please.

From the bbc sport rumours section

"And Morton manager Jim Duffy says if Celtic are looking to snap up a Dundee United player in January, they should be targeting midfielder Stuart Armstrong rather than Ciftci. (Scottish Sun)"

Why the f**k is he wasting his time talking about shite like that? I would have thought that the manager of a Scottish League team shouldn't be giving any opinion on who other member sides should or shouldn't be signing.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry to laugh but our lot said same every fuckin week & Now same with BF and his fri piece....

Perhaps his employers tell him what they want him to write about,Im not sure writing about GMFC or my lot would shift many copies...

Ps. Heard whisper Monti is coming back

:lol::lol: :lol::lol:

Sorry to laugh but our lot said same every fuckin week & Now same with BF and his fri piece....

Perhaps his employers tell him what they want him to write about,Im not sure writing about GMFC or my lot would shift many copies...

His employers are Greenock Morton FC. He is our full time manager, so that should take precendence over any weekly article he rights for the paper. I would guess that he was managing you guys part-time? That might have given him a bit of a different outlook on things, and he did a lot more radio work than he does now too.

I just find it in bad taste.

Monti coming back to who?

Monti plays in Malta does he not?

What is your thing with Lamie FFS. He is doing a decent job. I sometimes wonder what games you guys are actually watching at times and what your expectation levels are.

Your comments deserve a team in the Lowland league not a team presently genuinely pushing for promotion to the Championship. Give the guys a break and be thankful for what you have and not some delusional aspirations that you will probably never get.

^^^ idiot found

Whoosh :lol:

Ok answer me this:

What has Jim Duffy achieved at any football club to merit a job at a promotion chasing side?

What has Jim Duffy done since joining Morton to suggest he should be kept until the end of the season?

Where realistically do you see Morton finishing this season under Duffy?

Be very specific with your answers please.

Given the current state of affairs in the Boardroom, do you believe that promotion will be to the long term benefit of the Club?

Archived