The Dim Duffy TTG Thread

We don't really do good managerial appointments.

Before Billy Stark we had umpteen insufferable years of the same manager churning out the same old shite.

Since Stark we have had umpteen insufferable years of umpteen managers churning out different varieties of shite.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first game of the season and probably my last. I hadn't realised quite how bad things have become. JD certainly has to carry the can for that gutless farce, but let's face it - the Club is going nowhere with the Rae family so what's the point in aiming for the Championship?

Here's a snippet of Jim's assessment of Saturday's latest embarrassment:

“It’s bitterly disappointing to concede so soon after half-time. You almost have to start screaming and shouting at them to make sure they go out alert for the second half.

“You start banging tactics boards and having half-time tantrums to see whether you can get them up to speed for the second half.

And yet I'm not in the least bit surprised. Yes, we fucking know your approach to tactics is pointy shouty. As if we needed an admission from the man himself to tell us.

I like the part (ie the entire interview in the Tele), where he delegates all responsibility for a shit performance to the players, as if he were defending his mate Ronny Deila on SuperScoreboard, forgetting to mention that:

1) He signed those shit players

2) He continues to pick those shit players

3) He is likely to sign those shit players to extended deals

Which makes him largely responsible for their parade of clueless, shambolic performances, an issue for which he has suggested not a single coherent solution, and least of all during his weekly breakdown at the side of the pitch.

Get out of this once-proud football club.

When were Morton a proud football club? Not in your lifetime anyway. You've been a laughing stock for the best part of 30 years.

That must make Thistle's head to head record against Morton over the last 30 years pretty embarrassing then.

From the bbc sport rumours section

"And Morton manager Jim Duffy says if Celtic are looking to snap up a Dundee United player in January, they should be targeting midfielder Stuart Armstrong rather than Ciftci. (Scottish Sun)"

Why the f**k is he wasting his time talking about shite like that? I would have thought that the manager of a Scottish League team shouldn't be giving any opinion on who other member sides should or shouldn't be signing.

You guys want to get a grip.

Jim Duffy is a respected coach and manager with all who actually know something about the game. He is attempting to build a team to gain promotion this term and is bang on track, so what exactly do you expect? A runaway league win? Clearly that was never going to happen with the resources at his disposal. He has put together a competent team which will only get better.

What is your thing with Lamie FFS. He is doing a decent job. I sometimes wonder what games you guys are actually watching at times and what your expectation levels are.

Get behind the team instead of making a profession of picking up on every minute error and doing your best to erode their confidence.

Your comments deserve a team in the Lowland league not a team presently genuinely pushing for promotion to the Championship. Give the guys a break and be thankful for what you have and not some delusional aspirations that you will probably never get.

Jim Duffy is a respected coach and manager with all who actually know something about the game. He is attempting to build a team to gain promotion this term and is bang on track, so what exactly do you expect? A runaway league win? Clearly that was never going to happen with the resources at his disposal. He has put together a competent team which will only get better.

What is your thing with for example Lamie FFS. He is doing a decent job. I sometimes wonder what games you guys are actually watching at times and what your expectation levels are.

Get behind the team instead of making a profession of picking up on every minute error and doing your best to erode their confidence.

Your comments are deserving of a team in the Lowland league and not a team presently genuinely pushing for promotion to the Championship. Give the guys a break and be thankful for what you have and not some delusional aspirations that you will probably never get.

What is your thing with for example Lamie FFS. He is doing a decent job. I sometimes wonder what games you guys are actually watching at times and what your expectation levels are.

Your comments are deserving of a team in the Lowland league and not a team presently genuinely pushing for promotion to the Championship. Give the guys a break and be thankful for what you have and not some delusional aspirations that you will probably never get.

Hi Jim

This sounds like a 100% completely unbiased opinion.

How's it going, Marc Fitzpatrick's Dad?

What is your thing with Lamie FFS. He is doing a decent job. I sometimes wonder what games you guys are actually watching at times and what your expectation levels are.

Your comments deserve a team in the Lowland league not a team presently genuinely pushing for promotion to the Championship. Give the guys a break and be thankful for what you have and not some delusional aspirations that you will probably never get.

Oh dear.

Archived