The Dim Duffy TTG Thread

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the current state of affairs in the Boardroom, do you believe that promotion will be to the long term benefit of the Club?

Well staying in this division isn't going to benefit the club at all. There are 3 teams that would bring an excellent away support in the Championship they all obviously won't be there next season IF we get promoted. There will still be 1 maybe 2 depending on how the play-off go. So financially yes the club would benefit from promotion. Are we th only team in the Scottish leagues that haven't played The Rangers since their liquidation?

First thing first is getting promoted though. At the moment it's not looking likely, we're sitting 3rd behind two part-time teams and we're about to lose the best player in the league in he next few days. So if we want to win the league or even gain promotion we have to get rid of Duffy sooner rather than later and not make the same mistake as we did with Moore who should've been sacked much much earlier. The new manager can come in and assess the squad and make the appropriate signings that will improve the squad.

In the completely unlikely situation that Duffy gets us promoted ( :lol: ) then he will not keep us up in the championship. He's hilariously out of his depth at this level never mind taking a step up. If this is the case then I fear we could be on for an even worse season than last years monstrosity.

Well staying in this division isn't going to benefit the club at all. There are 3 teams that would bring an excellent away support in the Championship they all obviously won't be there next season IF we get promoted. There will still be 1 maybe 2 depending on how the play-off go. So financially yes the club would benefit from promotion. Are we th only team in the Scottish leagues that haven't played The Rangers since their liquidation?

First thing first is getting promoted though. At the moment it's not looking likely, we're sitting 3rd behind two part-time teams and we're about to lose the best player in the league in he next few days. So if we want to win the league or even gain promotion we have to get rid of Duffy sooner rather than later and not make the same mistake as we did with Moore who should've been sacked much much earlier. The new manager can come in and assess the squad and make the appropriate signings that will improve the squad.

In the completely unlikely situation that Duffy gets us promoted ( :lol: ) then he will not keep us up in the championship. He's hilariously out of his depth at this level never mind taking a step up. If this is the case then I fear we could be on for an even worse season than last years monstrosity.

I follow all of that - BUT - there's not a hope in Hell of the Rae family digging deeper to sack/compensate JD and appoint a proven successor while we're still in the playoffs zone.

That's why I don't see the point in constantly clamouring for his head. I have (by choice) seen one match this season and was shocked at how low we have sunk as a Club. It seems to me that things will inevitably get worse before they (hopefully) get better.

JD may very well be a 'clown' as a manager but he's also a decent bloke doing his best to earn a salary. He's become the target for a huge volume of pent up frustration while the real culprits hide behind perceived respectability and a tame local press. :thumbsdown

Anyway - I wish you and all other Ton fans a HAPPY NEW YEAR though I don't expect that to be 2015.

Brilliant watching this total fucking mess unfold, almost as good as the sevco. Jim Duffy. :lol:

Have popped down to this seaside forum for the latest instalment in the longrunning and always entertainingly hilarious lolton comedy series. Looking through the Big Morton Thread (omitting the G word, as its not a word anyone with any sense would use when describing the current Tail o the Bank pub team) of the past few days, it doesn't appear that there was much cheer or goodwill either pre or post New Year amongst them. An abundance of toys and prams everywhere.

Reading how Rae has being systematically fucking up for 13 years and is doing his utmost to see the club go the same way as he (and all human beings) will inevitability go, and the division and taking sides of happyclappers vs weeangrymen vs occasionalsensibleposters, has given me a large number of new year chuckles and, dare I say it, almost feeling sorry for their supporters (then I remember who some of their roasterposters are, and I only feel sorry for the few decent and semi levelheaded posters).

No club (well, apart from the Queens club who rightly died in 2012. Oh, and Sevco. And Victim FC. Oh, and maybe Ferrantilivimeadowtonbank) should be run down so much and so shambolically, or have to endure brain dead idiots of Duff-y proportions.

The sad thing is, most supporters of clubs can point to periods in their history, when their club has had complete imbeciles or asset stripping sharks as their clubs owners and custodians. It's the coming out the other side, fan base pulling together and uniting to get their club back on a even keel, and recovering some pride and standing in the game against their competitors, which is sometimes hard, but ultimately, necessary. You biggy as a Dundee supporter will know such instances. Your lot have had quite a few after all.

I've seen others raise their fears, and I can honestly say, hard on heart, I too fear for the long-term existence of our poor morten two.

As a support, they have their fair share of absolute throbbers, but every club has them, just varies club to club I find. But do I wish to see them cease to be like Third Lanark, Rangers or Clydebank did? No.

I can't see any quick fix to mortens woes, but to be less lolton they need to get rid of the Duffmaster asap. But that may bring further debt and accelerate their potential end, or while the sweetieman stays as owner and or they have managers of the calibre of the Duffmaster then at the very least, fourth tier football and possible trapdoor demotion to lower league oblivion potentially beckons. It's a shite vicious circle the sweetieman has put them in, and even at my coldest, I can't wish a end to their existence.

To all Morton posters, Doggie Rae, Allan Moore, Jim Duffy, Nacho Novo, Gary O'Connor, and too many more to mention, thanks for all the laughs, entertainment and countless joys you have brought the rest of Scottish Football. As biggie says, almost as funny as the Sev-co-medy.

So, don't know when or how you'll do it, but genuine best of luck and new year best wishes to Morton to regain their rightful mid to low second tier status, with a owner who restores some sustainability and happiness to our inverclyders, after all there's not much else to be cheerful or hopeful about when Port Glasgow is within spitting distance.

As for who is next due a period of turmoil, relegation through the leagues, and much gnashing of teeth and wailing blubbering support diminishing yearly, St Mirren could be shaping up quite nicely for that crown should they lose their top league status this season. That would please and entertain me enormously. And I suspect, many others too.

Too long; didn't read.

I'm sure that it wasn't a semi-literate abortion of a post though.

Precis:

'It's a shite vicious circle the sweetieman has put them in..'

Jim Duffy is a top coach. I believe even John Terry credits him for making him the defender he is.

To see Morton fans (minority or not) try to defend him as a manager though... Is just awkward and amusing. No chance will he improve and I'm enjoying the moments he's at Morton as it's utterly car crash stuff.

Jim Duffy is a top coach. I believe even John Terry credits him for making him the defender he is.

To see Morton fans (minority or not) try to defend him as a manager though... Is just awkward and amusing. No chance will he improve and I'm enjoying the moments he's at Morton as it's utterly car crash stuff.

Bang on.

We're 19 games into the season and we've already lost 8 games. To put this into context, when we finished fourth in 03/04 we lost 9 all season. Finishing third in 04/05 we lost 10 all season. Second in 05/06, lost 8. Top in 06/07, lost 7.

There is no way you can challenge for a title when you lose as many games as we do: we're not even going to make the playoffs. It's absolutely astonishing that there are still people who can't see that his position is untenable.

Had a quick glance through this thread and it's all remarkably similar to the situation at the Pars.

A few posters will always back the manager for whatever reason and it just steamrolls into a slagging match between the two factions.

The percentage will be 95% for and 5% against then it will change over time and the 95% will deny all knowledge of ever backing the now sacked manager and give it the 'let's all just move on' or 'why don't you give it a rest' BS to escape the spotlight.

I think that because our two sides have the biggest budgets and full time training we should be much more critical, when it's merited, and expect better results and tactics on the park every week when playing against part time sides.

It seems that sadly many fans forget this fact and are quite happy seeing part time sides rip the piss out of full time players nearly every week.

We should just be happy with what we've got apparently. What a world that would be if that was the case.

Hi sir, no you can't return your new tv that doesn't work, you should be happy with what you have. What, your neighbour bought a tv for half the price and it works all the time? Please don't blame that on us. We only design,build and sell the tv.

Had a quick glance through this thread and it's all remarkably similar to the situation at the Pars.

A few posters will always back the manager for whatever reason and it just steamrolls into a slagging match between the two factions.

The percentage will be 95% for and 5% against then it will change over time and the 95% will deny all knowledge of ever backing the now sacked manager and give it the 'let's all just move on' or 'why don't you give it a rest' BS to escape the spotlight.

I think that because our two sides have the biggest budgets and full time training we should be much more critical, when it's merited, and expect better results and tactics on the park every week when playing against part time sides.

It seems that sadly many fans forget this fact and are quite happy seeing part time sides rip the piss out of full time players nearly every week.

We should just be happy with what we've got apparently. What a world that would be if that was the case.

Hi sir, no you can't return your new tv that doesn't work, you should be happy with what you have. What, your neighbour bought a tv for half the price and it works all the time? Please don't blame that on us. We only design,build and sell the tv.

Bringing your breakdown into another teams thread? Why?

We're 19 games into the season and we've already lost 8 games. To put this into context, when we finished fourth in 03/04 we lost 9 all season. Finishing third in 04/05 we lost 10 all season. Second in 05/06, lost 8. Top in 06/07, lost 7.

There is no way you can challenge for a title when you lose as many games as we do: we're not even going to make the playoffs. It's absolutely astonishing that there are still people who can't see that his position is untenable.

Agree 100%

Fucking get this clown tae!!

Bringing your breakdown into another teams thread? Why?

Attacking me on two threads yet not giving a thought out response to any post? Why?

Archived