The Dim Duffy TTG Thread

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the problem, there's no one out there good enough who'd actually want the job just now given the mess we're in.

That's what I was thinking.....don't get me wrong (trolling vT aside) I was gutted that Morton got relegated last season as Cappielow was an old school ground I was looking forward to seeing this season.

Still have very distant fond memories of Andy Ritchie playing for you guys back in the day.

That's what I was thinking.....don't get me wrong (trolling vT aside) I was gutted that Morton got relegated last season as Cappielow was an old school ground I was looking forward to seeing this season.

Still have very distant fond memories of Andy Ritchie playing for you guys back in the day.

Likewise. Pittodrie and Tynecastle are my only grounds to cross off with us.

Pissed off that I've missed the opportunity again.

I don't think we have played since I was around 3/4 years old. Must be one of the longest periods of time in which two clubs have went without playing in Scottish football.

You're still talking shite though - it's an opportunity to take a full-time club with the second largest budget in the league to a minimum level of mediocrity in the Championship. If Duffy were sacked tomorrow then there'd be dozens of interested candidates, and Duffy was one of the weakest in our clueless chairman's 'shortleet' this summer.

Both must go, now.

You're still talking shite though - it's an opportunity to take a full-time club with the second largest budget in the league to a minimum level of mediocrity in the Championship. If Duffy were sacked tomorrow then there'd be dozens of interested candidates, and Duffy was one of the weakest in our clueless chairman's 'shortleet' this summer.

Both must go, now.

Point taken RE: full time status but aren't Dunfermline also FT? What options would you have available? Name names please?

Said it before but as a support we get the Chairman, Manager and team we deserve. I really struggle with the number of happy clapping apologists who argue that we have to give Jim the clown Duffy time. JD is a dinosaur with a track record that suggested nothing other than mediocrity. His performance since securing the Morton job has confirmed he is out his depth. Anyone with half a brain realises that for Morton to have any chance of promotion JD has to be sacked. Yes it will cost us but what do you expect from the circus ringmaster DDFR who hands out 2 year contracts as if they were sweeties - DDFR should pick up the cost himself rather than just add to the debt.

The football is a joke, the entertainment value is almost nil but at least we are maintaining our position as a joke club in the seaside leagues.

Point taken RE: full time status but aren't Dunfermline also FT? What options would you have available? Name names please?

If you really are a jambo why not look at what your own club did when they looked at replacing Locke. Dumbarton managed it with Murray, Stranraer came up with Aitken, St Johnstone........ Our problem is that the man identifying the next manager is a deluded old man who has a track record of employing failures. I have no doubt when JD goes we will have options sadly I have no faith we have an owner who can identify the right man to take us forward.

The 'but who would you get instead' argument has always been an absolutely terrible attempt at defending failing managers. The fact of the matter is that Duffy is failing colossally in every single aspect of management, as he has done in every job he's had for the last 25 years. Regardless of who else is available, Duffy should be judged on his performance and on that basis is position is completely untenable.

Again it's a real shame that the Morton forum is down, because I'd love to see the scrambling from the ever-dwindling group of fools who defend him to find a new excuse: proximity to the top was always their go to fallacy, but we're now closer to fifth than we are to first and are in freefall. It's entirely realistic to see us failing to make the playoffs if Duffy lasts the season.

Tactically outclassed by Jim fucking McInally: Duffy really is beginning to rival James Grady for the coveted 'worst Morton manager ever' title. Get him to f**k before it's too late.

If you really are a jambo why not look at what your own club did when they looked at replacing Locke. Dumbarton managed it with Murray, Stranraer came up with Aitken, St Johnstone........ Our problem is that the man identifying the next manager is a deluded old man who has a track record of employing failures. I have no doubt when JD goes we will have options sadly I have no faith we have an owner who can identify the right man to take us forward.

I am a Jambo and whilst I initially felt the decision was harsh on Locke, I always felt it was the correct decision not just by the football we are now playing never mind the results as I was worried the outdated football we were playing under Locke was damaging the development of our youngsters.

Point taken RE: Duffy but who would you replace him with?

The 'but who would you get instead' argument has always been an absolutely terrible attempt at defending failing managers. The fact of the matter is that Duffy is failing colossally in every single aspect of management, as he has done in every job he's had for the last 25 years. Regardless of who else is available, Duffy should be judged on his performance and on that basis is position is completely untenable.

This.

Unless the suggestion is seriously that we stay with a shite manager just because we MIGHT not be able to replace him with something better.

This.

Unless the suggestion is seriously that we stay with a shite manager just because we MIGHT not be able to replace him with something better.

I'm not defending him at all, and I want him gone ASAP, but what manager, realistically is going to want to come here that is better than Duffy?

I'm not defending him at all, and I want him gone ASAP, but what manager, realistically is going to want to come here that is better than Duffy?

There might not be many targets that look particularly attractive, but that's a different issue than finding someone better than Duffy. It wouldn't be difficult to find someone better.

That's neither here nor there though, he's tied into a 2 year contract that he won't walk out on and Rae won't pay to terminate.

I can't think of a manager with a worse track record than Jim Duffy in Scottish management. Not one. De facto, the rest are better - not that they should all be considered for the job though.

David Irons is available and is a comfortably better manager than clueless Jim, even in his fantasist Ronny Deila role for Clyde Super Scoreboard.

Bring back Irons. Or hire Brian Wake.

I can't think of a manager with a worse track record than Jim Duffy in Scottish management. Not one. De facto, the rest are better - not that they should all be considered for the job though.

David Irons is available and is a comfortably better manager than clueless Jim, even in his fantasist Ronny Deila role for Clyde Super Scoreboard.

Bring back Irons. Or hire Brian Wake.

I'd much rather Duffy aka, Mr Relegation than 'I speak out the side of my mouth an will offer abdy a square go' John Brown.

But the general consensus is correct, there isn't much worse than Duffy.

Archived