The Dim Duffy TTG Thread

Don't get me wrong, I want Duffy gone as much as anyone. I've always said that if we do win this league it will be a stumble across the line, I still stand by that. Having said that, I'm expecting McManus to stay and at least one or two more added in January. Obviously, if that doesn't happen I may change my thoughts.

We won't win the league if Duffy remains in charge, and he will be in charge for the remainder of this season, at least.

I have no doubts that McManus will stay beyond January, but he can only do so much. I think we have a squad capable of winning this title - and we do arguably have the strongest squad in the league - but under the guidance of Jim Duffy, we quite simply will not finish above two part-time teams, which is just cringe-worthy, really.

If we want to be in the Championship next season, he has to go. Now.

I think McManus would be daft to stay on at Morton. If anyone from Aberdeen has been watching him they'll realise he can play at a higher level. Morton is the only club he's played for this season (other than in the Europa League with Aberdeen, does that count?) If it doesn't then he could be loaned out to a Championship club for the rest of the season. He gets to test himself at a better level in a league with much more media coverage and Aberdeen get to see if he can handle that step up, it's a no brainer.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't play for 3 clubs in one season as you said he's already played for Aberdeen this season. So he either goes back to Aberdeen to play for their reserves or comes to us for the remainder of the season and gets first team football. It's a no brainer.

You can't play for 3 clubs in one season as you said he's already played for Aberdeen this season. So he either goes back to Aberdeen to play for their reserves or comes to us for the remainder of the season and gets first team football. It's a no brainer.

Isn't that only domestic appearances though?

Jim is targeting 2 experienced signings in the January transfer window, one of whom is a central midfielder who he has already had discussions with. Glad to see him trying to add some older heads to the team, and what he says in his Tele article is spot on, even if it should never have gotten to this stage in the first place.

Morton fan's sentiments towards Jim Duffy remind me a bit of Dundee fan's sentiments towards John Brown last season.

It is true that when Bomber left, he was top of the league but few Dundee fans had any real confidence that he would get them out of the league. Whilst top, you couldn't help but imagine how things would be under a competent manager.

Jim is targeting 2 experienced signings in the January transfer window, one of whom is a central midfielder who he has already had discussions with. Glad to see him trying to add some older heads to the team, and what he says in his Tele article is spot on, even if it should never have gotten to this stage in the first place.

Mark Millar?

Will be expecting a valid reason why said targets weren't available to sign in the summer, back when Clueless Jim was rummaging around League Two for utter, utter dross.

And then we'll find out whether they're any good or not.

Tbf, he's managed to bring in Pepper and Dece, so there is an ability to sign decent players in him.

Offset that with Crighton, Lamie, Stefan McLuskey and Jordan Allan. Jury is still out on Milojevic, Miller, Barrowman and Jamie McLuskey. So, impressed by 2 and disappointed by 8! TTG Duffy.

As it says on the tin, even another 18 league wins this season wouldn't dispel the 'see or you wouldn't believe it' incompetent nature of Dim 'Jim' Duffy trying to organise a football side. Much like Ross County when Dick Campbell was briefly in charge, we hilariously top this league in spite of, rather than because of the manager, and unless we ditch him then we will not even be close to an acceptable result ie promotion.

Time to go Jim!

JS45651458.jpg

Could it not just be more of a case of Jim Duffy finding his level as oppose to vise versa?......

Archived