The Dim Duffy TTG Thread

I was actually part of the judging panel for November's awards. I nominated Stevie Aitken at Stranraer for the League 1 award (pointing out just how good a job he's done over the course of the season) but was overruled by a pretty large majority.

My argument against Jim Duffy was that the cup defeat should negate anything else and other than Forfar Athletic, his team had beaten jobbers in Airdrieonians and Stenhousemuir. Alas, the Forfar result seemed pretty impressive to the rest of the panel and he was given it on the back of that. Someone else pointed out Morton had beaten Dunfermline Athletic in the same period, which turned out to be incorrect - I only realised this when I got home.

The Forfar game is just about as well as we've played all season, albeit against a team that sat back and invited us to do that. Scullion, Russell, Pepper, and McManus were all impressive that day but I think it's the only time that they've all been on the pitch together. Once we're weakened and teams have a go at us we're in trouble - even if it's Spartans.

If you take out the Spartans result at the end of the month (which probably shouldn't have happened because Airdrie should have trounced us at the start of the month), then I can understand Duffy getting the award. But shouldn't those results be an indicator that he wasn't really doing a great job last month? Lets face it, McKee being suspended was one of the main catalysts in the good results. Lets hope Crighton being suspended can help us this month (although I don't know what we'll do without Pepper).

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might want to do your homework before the next judging panel!

I hadn't studied Morton's form with the level of scrutiny I should have done because I was keen on Stevie Aitken getting the award. Wish I'd paid more attention to point that out.

Without being disrespectful to the majority of the judging panel, many of them don't follow what's going on in the lower leagues. You get given sheets of paper with the tables that focus just on November - to see Morton sitting top with three wins in three would look pretty impressive if you're not up to speed on the comings and goings in the division.

It's greatly unfortunate that here we are on a Monday morning, once again knowing there's no chance he'll be sacked. Hopefully he gets the Rangers job: a club with an even more spectacularly shit board than ours being stupid enough to headhunt him is our only hope.

It's greatly unfortunate that here we are on a Monday morning, once again knowing there's no chance he'll be sacked. Hopefully he gets the Rangers job: a club with an even more spectacularly shit board than ours being stupid enough to headhunt him is our only hope.

......and the said shit board will then employ???

......and the said shit board will then employ???

They'll probably overlook the outstanding candidate that is Aitken once again, - if he'd even still be willing to take it - but even with our track record the chances of them finding someone worse than Duffy are extremely small.

In any case, 'but who would we appoint' has never been a valid defence of a failing manager, ever.

They'll probably overlook the outstanding candidate that is Aitken once again, - if he'd even still be willing to take it - but even with our track record the chances of them finding someone worse than Duffy are extremely small.

In any case, 'but who would we appoint' has never been a valid defence of a failing manager, ever.

In the case of the current Board of G.M.F.C. one might be tempted to retain the devil we know - unless of course Coisty gives the Chairman a wee bell! :lol:

No worries. I have had a wee word with Santa and he has agreed to take the clown back to the circus.

I'm dearly hoping that Duffy is Santa in this scenario, as that means the clown can be Stefan McCluskey and they can both return to Clyde to finish their careers in the Lowland League. Where they'll still be out of their depth.

I'm dearly hoping that Duffy is Santa in this scenario, as that means the clown can be Stefan McCluskey and they can both return to Clyde to finish their careers in the Lowland League. Where they'll still be out of their depth.

The Lowland League doesn't want them.

Sinclair Street, on 16 Dec 2014 - 10:31, said:Sinclair Street, on 16 Dec 2014 - 10:31, said:

So all the underachievers dropping like flies. Jefferies, Roberts, McGlynn, McCall, Craig.....

C'mon Dougie, don't lag behind.

McGlynn?

ETA: Just seen it there.

Archived