Do You Support Your Local Team?

I'd say it's acceptable if, say, your local team is not involved in the pyramid system (which is sadly still very, very lacking in Scotland) to support one slightly further afield than you.

My definition of team here really is limited to clubs within that system.

I support my local team. and it's fucking horrible.

If more people from the area did though, it wouldn't be so horrible at all.

Kilmarnock would have a really solid support and good finances coming from a decently populated area with few teams playing within the pyramid system.

Look I supported Partick Thistle for years while they were playing down in the lower leagues and that was fucking rough as well, but at the end of the day there really isn't such a drastic gulf in quality between lesser teams in Scotland and the Ugly Sisters for example.

I mean at best Celtic and Rangers are average teams with a poisonous, foreign culture pervading them both at their very core to boot.

If you're a glory hunter why not just support Bayern Munich or Barcelona..

Like the OP i grew up supporting Celtic again through religious/pier pressure

For the last few years since moving back to south west scotland after 10 years in England i have been going to Queen of the South and i have never enjoyed my football more.(QOS were my local team growing up but have never been watched regularly until now)

However if i moved to Motherwell,Edinburgh or Dundee i would quite happily watch the closest senior team to where i lived.

I would even watch Celtic if living closest to Celtic Park

Draw the line at watching Rangers though (even if living on Edmiston Drive)

My local junior team would be Culter but I've seen them play Aberdeen in a bounce game and I was rooting for the Dons. I've watched a few of the Culter game but I don't know the players, the management, anything about the history of the club, whereas with the Dons there's more at stake I reckon.

Dunno its a weird one, I find it interesting to hear of people who have changed their team (aside from switching away from the Old Firm).

I remember my neighbour was Scottish but raised in England. All through his youth he supported Scotland but when he moved back north he said people gave him grief for being a Scotland fan with an english accent, and so he now supports England. I couldn't believe it! Maybe sport doesn't run too deep for him, I dunno.

I support the Dons mainly because my dad does but also I'm from there and lived there since I was a wee kid.

Only reason people support the vast majority of teams in Scotland is because they're their local side. It's terrible at times but incredibly satisfying at other times, can't beat it. Feck supporting a team that won 8 times out of 10 every season, be far to boring. :P