Do You Support Your Local Team?

Out of curiosity for those from edinburgh/glasgow/dundee, what made you choose your team and not the rivals, was it how close you were to the stadium, or family reasons?

My dad let me choose who I wanted, but I chose saints because of how close I was to the stadium, and most my clothes as a kid being blue. Plus they were my hometown team

Out of curiosity for those from edinburgh/glasgow/dundee, what made you choose your team and not the rivals, was it how close you were to the stadium, or family reasons?

My dad let me choose who I wanted, but I chose saints because of how close I was to the stadium, and most my clothes as a kid being blue. Plus they were my hometown team

Family

Also hate prods

What sort of young boy and even worse grown man wears tangerine. An easy choice for me, plus didn't fancy marrying my sister ;-). Dabby inbreds.

Edited by Kiwidee

Yes, i do support my local club.

You say you support Partick Thistle only because they are you're local club, now answer this, if for whatever reason you move away from Maryhill to say someplace such as Cumbernauld, or Parkhead. Would you encourage your potential children to support the local club, or the one who support, since football for a lot people is a family experience

Listen, you little fucker, I'd never support Celtic or Rangers anyway because they're not fucking Scottish teams.

If any of my kids ever came home wearing a Celtic or Rangers strip I'd kick them down the bloody stairs.

Celtic and Rangers are an embarassment to Scotland and an exception to this rule.

But I'd support any other team in Scotland if they were my local team.

Listen, you little fucker, I'd never support Celtic or Rangers anyway because they're not fucking Scottish teams.

If any of my kids ever came home wearing a Celtic or Rangers strip I'd kick them down the bloody stairs.

Celtic and Rangers are an embarassment to Scotland and an exception to this rule.

But I'd support any other team in Scotland if they were my local team.

still-virgin.png

When I wanted to start going to football Celtic were my local team. My dad & both elder brothers tried taking me to Ibrox but I didn't like it. After we moved to west of the city my younger brothers started to support thistle (he doesn't really go much) & St Mirren. Other than the thistle fan we are all season tickets.

My son goes to St Mirren with his uncle. Would never try to persuade him otherwise.

Edited by The Left Wing

I don't support my local team having never lived in Perth. I grew up in Glasgow and supported Celtic as a boy. But I had a connection to Saints: my Grandad had helped build Muirton Park and he took me to Saints games when I visited. And then my dad, another Saints fan, took me to Parkhead to see Celtic v St Johnstone. I felt sorry for my dad sitting among lots of Celtic fans and seeing Saints getting heavily beaten that I switched allegiances before the game was over.