Do You Support Your Local Team?

If not, why so?

A lot of the problems with imbalance in Scottish football come from people not supporting their local teams.

I mean I was raised supporting Celtic, I support my local team Partick Thistle now (partly/mostly due to Irish bullshit of Celtic and partly due to them being local team).

If every fan of Scottish football just supported their local team, leagues would be a lot more competitive. Celtic and Rangers would still be bigger due to international support but the gap would be much lower, perhaps low enough for teams like Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United tier teams to win it occasionally.

I don't buy into the club loyalty bullshit either and wish others wouldn't, that just contributes to this stuff. If I moved to Ayr I'd support Kilmarnock or Ayr United (whichever was closer) same if I moved to Abderdeen or Inverness etc.

Loyalty is for country, domestically it doesn't matter as long as you support a Scottish club.

But if you care about competitiveness, you should do your part by supporting your local team.

I supported Deveronvale when I grew up in Banff. However Hearts were my big team. I then saved up lots of money for a big trip to the capital and sat next to Hearts Daft, WaffenThinMint and Greggy Wallace in the Wheatfield Stand.

I now proudly own two season tickets at Motherwell and Albion Rovers.

Yes, i do support my local club.

You say you support Partick Thistle only because they are you're local club, now answer this, if for whatever reason you move away from Maryhill to say someplace such as Cumbernauld, or Parkhead. Would you encourage your potential children to support the local club, or the one who support, since football for a lot people is a family experience

I think I've always had a "soft spot" for the local town. That doesn't normally stay with me once I move though. When I grew up my local team was Rangers and I was sure as hell not going to support them (or the other half for that matter). I have "supported" Aberdeen and Hibs in my time, and by that I mean they were the closest team and paid to watch them.

I lived near Pollok stadium for maybe a year or so and I like the ridiculous clumsiness of the juniors, so I sort of have them as my team these days.

If not, why so?

A lot of the problems with imbalance in Scottish football come from people not supporting their local teams.

I mean I was raised supporting Celtic, I support my local team Partick Thistle now (partly/mostly due to Irish bullshit of Celtic and partly due to them being local team).

If every fan of Scottish football just supported their local team, leagues would be a lot more competitive. Celtic and Rangers would still be bigger due to international support but the gap would be much lower, perhaps low enough for teams like Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United tier teams to win it occasionally.

I don't buy into the club loyalty bullshit either and wish others wouldn't, that just contributes to this stuff. If I moved to Ayr I'd support Kilmarnock or Ayr United (whichever was closer) same if I moved to Abderdeen or Inverness etc.

Loyalty is for country, domestically it doesn't matter as long as you support a Scottish club.

But if you care about competitiveness, you should do your part by supporting your local team.

Hiya Kenny Shiels! Hiya pal!

Yes, i do support my local club.

You say you support Partick Thistle only because they are you're local club, now answer this, if for whatever reason you move away from Maryhill to say someplace such as Cumbernauld, or Parkhead. Would you encourage your potential children to support the local club, or the one who support, since football for a lot people is a family experience

Over compensating, imo.

A few years back there was talk of amalgamation of the two Dundee teams,one of the reasons being the city was to small for two professional teams. Guess what the city is big enough for four teams. The amoumt of fuds that head west on match day to watch the ugly sisters is disgusting. Supporting your local team is a no brainer for me even if it's the DABS :o

Edited by Kiwidee