We are all Jim Spence

G-MAN

I don't know who Ewan Murray is but if he's laughing at Scottish football then I don't blame him. It's embarrassing, no crowds, no atmosphere, no quality.

No crowds?

This in spite of all that evidence of a bigger proportion if our country's population going to the football than just about anywhere else on the planet?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No crowds?This in spite of all that evidence of a bigger proportion if our country's population going to the football than just about anywhere else on the planet?

So, just no atmosphere and no quality. Thank god for the crowds.

On the quality thing, it's all a bit subjective. If Rovers fans were lucky enough to have Hearts squad then we'd be raving (Roath Raving) about how good we were and how brilliant the quality is. As it is, our current squad are playing pretty uninspiring stuff and the mood is gloomy.

For me, the big change is atmosphere. There is none. Again, maybe that's just a Rovers thing. Can't be long until someone suggests a 'singing section' again.

No crowds?This in spite of all that evidence of a bigger proportion if our country's population going to the football than just about anywhere else on the planet?

He argued that point as well as that figure is skewed by Celtics attendance which we all know is regularly announced as something way beyond its actual number.

He argued that point as well as that figure is skewed by Celtics attendance which we all know is regularly announced as something way beyond its actual number.

More and more clubs are doing this with their attendances. They count the paying customers whether they turn up or not. You only need to have eyes to see the attendances are embarrassing across the board. Instead of defending this we should be finding ways of encouraging supporters back to the game.

Why not hand out more free tickets to local schools? I know clubs do this but surely they could do it on a much larger scale and try and get these guys when they are young.

No crowds? This in spite of all that evidence of a bigger proportion if our country's population going to the football than just about anywhere else on the planet?

There are none so blind as yokels who will not see.

No idea why anyone feels embarrassed about a sport played in thier country.

FWIW i fucking love Scottish football. It is what is and doesnt pretend to be anything else, and the poor quality and atmosphere make those moments when everything works or when your chasing a team down in the final minutes and everyone roars so special.

Man City didnt sell out their stadium and then barely sang at any point agsinst Bayern. f**k being part of that, id rather watch Saints go toe to toe with Ross County with 1500 fans who genuinely do care about the result

If the person isn't there, then that would make the attendance incorrect if those no-shows were counted in the official attendance.

Teams do this in every top league in Europe

No idea why anyone feels embarrassed about a sport played in thier country.

FWIW i fucking love Scottish football. It is what is and doesnt pretend to be anything else, and the poor quality and atmosphere make those moments when everything works or when your chasing a team down in the final minutes and everyone roars so special.

Man City didnt sell out their stadium and then barely sang at any point agsinst Bayern. f**k being part of that, id rather watch Saints go toe to toe with Ross County with 1500 fans who genuinely do care about the result

Did Saints really only get 1500 yesterday? I would have thought the fans would still be buzzing with the cup win. Shameful stuff from the tartan rug draped farmer types.

So the fact that we have proportionately lots of people attending football, is down entirely to Celtic stayaways then?

What bloody rubbish. Certain topics are barely worth discussing on here, such are the levels of ignorance that abound.

Scotland still has terrific per capita attendances even excluding the Old Firm.

But why exclude them? If you do that then surely exclude other big sides from other countries too when comparing?

Archived