We are all Jim Spence

G-MAN

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Murray basically saying poor attendances are due to high ticket prices and a general boredom of Scottish football. Say's teams play against each other too often and also say's he'd be in favour of a UK League Cup.

Difficult to disagree with any of that.

Who's bored? I'm not? Attendances are low because of the prices and the fact that most teams just had an ordinary league game tie that's all. A UK cup???? :lol:

#NoThanks

Murray basically saying poor attendances are due to high ticket prices and a general boredom of Scottish football. Say's teams play against each other too often and also say's he'd be in favour of a UK League Cup.

Difficult to disagree with any of that.

Have you read everything Murray said ?

Compared our game today as Pub League standard.

Seriously ?

Did he watch Villa v Southampton the other night ?. Overrated dross.

Argument started because Jim had the audacity to say something positive about football in Dundee and Perth. Murray then slagged off their attendances yet made a sarky remark about us claiming to have 47K at dens park today....

My team got beat but still more excited about watching Sportscene tonight than MOTD thats for sure.

Too many knock the game who sit and watch it in the Pub or their living room.

Have you read everything Murray said ?

Compared our game today as Pub League standard.

Seriously ?

Did he watch Villa v Southampton the other night ?. Overrated dross.

Argument started because Jim had the audacity to say something positive about football in Dundee and Perth. Murray then slagged off their attendances yet made a sarky remark about us claiming to have 47K at dens park today....

How can he slag off such booming attendances, the guy sounds like a bigger buffoon than wee Jum.

Ewan Murray registered as a user on Caley Thistle Online years ago, username Cyril. He constantly posted about his 'contacts' and then left the website after starting an utter heads gone mess of a thread about being stood next to Liam Keogh at a urinal and being impressed with Keogh's tadger.

If people don't want to watch Scottish football then here's a wee tip - don't fucking watch it.

FWIW I thought our game at Fir Park today was great entertainment. I get pissed off people running down the Scottish game.

If people don't want to watch Scottish football then here's a wee tip - don't fucking watch it.

FWIW I thought our game at Fir Park today was great entertainment. I get pissed off people running down the Scottish game.

End-to-end classic cup tie with great play from both sides and £15/£5 prices, what more do people want?

Never heard of Ewan Murray, but he's off his head if he thinks that a UK League Cup is going to somehow improve Scottish attendances. Oh yeah, I'm sure Inverness fans would be salivating at a Christ knows how long round trip to face somebody like Portsmouth

Sounds like a twat based on that alone.

This. Your team's your team, no matter what level they play at. I spent three or four years watching a very good Leeds side (Wilkinson era), full of Internationals. The skills may have been higher, but the excitement wasn't there, a large number of those around me seemed to have no idea about the game and, crucially, the result just didn't really matter to me.

Conversely, I've been through the emotional wringer with Killie at all levels of the Scottish game - and always will.

No idea who this Murray chap even is... But not all attendances were bad. Cup crowds aren't a good measure of overall attendances. This season's R4 draw was freakish and what's the alternative (seeding?). And having a 'UK League Cup' is not going to happen (and how would it boost crowds anyway?).

Other than that, he makes a good point.

EDIT: I'm also reminded of a point made during 'Off the Ball' today. Why were media figures like Bob Crampsey and Arthur Montford so loved, whereas some Scottish football journalists today are more hated than even liked? At least in part the answer is surely that Bob & Arthur never became overtly cynical, never talked Scottish football down.

No idea who this Murray chap even is... But not all attendances were bad. Cup crowds aren't a good measure of overall attendances. This season's R4 draw was freakish and what's the alternative (seeding?). And having a 'UK League Cup' is not going to happen (and how would it boost crowds anyway?).

Other than that, he makes a good point.

EDIT: I'm also reminded of a point made during 'Off the Ball' today. Why were media figures like Bob Crampsey and Arthur Montford so loved, whereas some Scottish football journalists today are more hated than even liked? At least in part the answer is surely that Bob & Arthur never became overtly cynical, never talked Scottish football down.

In answer to your addendum, it's maybe because they loved the game more than the sound of their own voice or the sight of their byline.

The MSM simply can't understand that the Scottish game isn't in the shitter as a direct result of Sevco's demise.

Get it right fucking up them.

Very much this.

They just don't get that the one thing that would condemn the scottish game to perpetual mediocrity would be a return to Sevco/Celtic dominated pish that no-one gives a f*ck about.

Give what we've got just now a few years and attendance will go up even more and stabilise. imo

Archived