Wigtown v fleet

Terrible decision to hold cup final at Creetown. The changing rooms are probably the best in the league, but the pitch is one of the worst and there's no shelter for supporters. It would have made more sense to have played it at Stair Park or a 3G.

The Wigtown and Newton Stewart players will be looking forward to playing on a tattie field.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again, no common sense shown by the league.

Creetown can argue all they want, but other than the previously stated changing rooms the rest of their facilities including the tattie field are not good enough for a cup final, especially at this time of year.

Terrible decision to hold cup final at Creetown. The changing rooms are probably the best in the league, but the pitch is one of the worst and there's no shelter for supporters. It would have made more sense to have played it at Stair Park or a 3G.

Oh dear, I wonder what the wealdstone raider would have to say about that!

Once again we get those who just want to slag of a club who have not received any SFA monies or been handed a 3G park with no effort. The "tattie field" has only had one game called off, by the referee, which is more than can be said of a new 3G nearby. Pitch held well on Saturday and don't think saints had any complaints about pitch or hospitality. Which 3G pitches have covered areas, Mids - No, Newton - No, Dumfries - no. Apart from Queens, Annan and Saints none of those supplied with pitches have anything for supporters.

So less of the mumping and gum rattling, a good old fashioned local derby on a good grass surface - which it is at moment, should produce a cracking game - cant do anything about the weather though.

Once again we get those who just want to slag of a club who have not received any SFA monies or been handed a 3G park with no effort. The "tattie field" has only had one game called off, by the referee, which is more than can be said of a new 3G nearby. Pitch held well on Saturday and don't think saints had any complaints about pitch or hospitality. Which 3G pitches have covered areas, Mids - No, Newton - No, Dumfries - no. Apart from Queens, Annan and Saints none of those supplied with pitches have anything for supporters.

So less of the mumping and gum rattling, a good old fashioned local derby on a good grass surface - which it is at moment, should produce a cracking game - cant do anything about the weather though.

well said.

Spot on

if you read the gazette on Friday you will realise why the 3G pitch was flodded. If the final goes to extra time what is going to happen 12 o'clock kick off or will u line the cars up at the side of the pitch

Yous took a lot of stick last year and in my opinion did a great job of the final!! Pitch is of a good standard and changing rooms are exceptional!! Great place to come down to due to great hospitality there and nice folk!! Only problem us that there isn't a covered area but at least there is the changing rooms and that behind you so it can help to block out some of the rain and wind that can come!! But it's a good ground!! But surprised by the choice of ground but I look forward to it!!

if you read the gazette on Friday you will realise why the 3G pitch was flodded. If the final goes to extra time what is going to happen 12 o'clock kick off or will u line the cars up at the side of the pitch

Half 1 kick off and no I don't read the Gazette so would you care to fill me in on what they said!!

Half 1 kick off and no I don't read the Gazette so would you care to fill me in on what they said!!

Gazette is pish. I read Match and If I'm being honest I'm a sucker for a top shelfer. Never see them scattered about bushes anymore do you? The internet has killed the w**k mag industry

Why should final go to extra time when one semi final went straight to penalties. Timing of 1.30 will allow for any extra needed.

Flooding of 3G is not the point, the slagging to quote others "tattie field", "coo patch" is just pathetic, Eck, wee Geordie and many others put hours of time into Castle Cary. landlord has been very helpful and given long term lease and assisted club with facilities, just sick of oor wee club getting bad mouthed.

Why should final go to extra time when one semi final went straight to penalties. Timing of 1.30 will allow for any extra needed.

Flooding of 3G is not the point, the slagging to quote others "tattie field", "coo patch" is just pathetic, Eck, wee Geordie and many others put hours of time into Castle Cary. landlord has been very helpful and given long term lease and assisted club with facilities, just sick of oor wee club getting bad mouthed.

the final should be finished with extra time then penaltys if required. Your were moaning about the 3G pitch because it flooded but newton stewart are the only ones who have not slated yer pitch or coo field everyone else are relating to it as on here

I have no problem with Newton or their pitch I was using the fact that even 3G's can be unplayable. Why though does it have to go to extra time if one semi-final was decided without it. Creetown did not ask for the final but I know Eck and his team are delighted. Lets hope weather holds, without doubt it is a cold, wild place in the wind and rain though.

Creetown are a great wee club, run by good people always get a warm welcome at castle Cary not like some clubs I could mention. The pitch is no worse than any other grass pitch in the south at this time of year .looking forward to a good final

the final should be finished with extra time then penaltys if required. Your were moaning about the 3G pitch because it flooded but newton stewart are the only ones who have not slated yer pitch or coo field everyone else are relating to it as on here

Think Wigtown are being forgotten there mate when ye say Newton were the only ones who have not slated Castle Cary Park

quote from Newton Stewart's secretary regarding creetowns park last year because of cup final venue 'the whole place is a shambles'

Archived