Falkirk 3 v Hibernian 4

There was a lot of post from Hibs fans at the start of the thread saying Falkirk are a decent team and could end our unbeaten run. The truth is, Hibs fans don't actually think we're very good but on our day capable of some very good performances. "On our day" isn't good enough to do anything meaningful in this league though. We've improved as the season goes on with a new coach and a young team. I'd expect us to strengthen further in January and finish in the top 4.

I don't expect us to go up through the play-offs, that might sound negative but it's just being realistic of where we are at atm.

Im sure Falkirk fans would echo the same thots, tho good performances have been few and far between, still think the most fluent we have been all season, was against Rangers for 70 mins in the 2nd game of the season. I think now, we are more workmanlike in performances, which I will take as at times this season, some players have looked like they arent giving the 110% mentality in games

I havent looked at the championship table for a wee while now, looked today....

20pts from a possible 45 is poor reading, we are 5 pts worse off than last season at the same time and we have -3 now and had +12.

The January window, I think will be crucial this season re play offs, our chairman has stated there are funds available, time will tell if thats the case.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sure Falkirk fans would echo the same thots, tho good performances have been few and far between, still think the most fluent we have been all season, was against Rangers for 70 mins in the 2nd game of the season. I think now, we are more workmanlike in performances, which I will take as at times this season, some players have looked like they arent giving the 110% mentality in games

I havent looked at the championship table for a wee while now, looked today....

20pts from a possible 45 is poor reading, we are 5 pts worse off than last season at the same time and we have -3 now and had +12.

The January window, I think will be crucial this season re play offs, our chairman has stated there are funds available, time will tell if thats the case.

Yes but last year we didnt have the quality in the league like this year so I would argue we are on a par. We only started to really pick up when Miller came in. Even then we had a terrible patch after we beat Dundee in January. I think it is no coincidence that nearly every year since we got relegated we have started slowly - when you lose most of your players each summer it is inevitable it takes time to come together. I think Houston is starting to get there. Give him a centre forward and a bit of extra creativity in midfield to help Sibbald I am fairly optimistic.

We have only lost to one side in the league outside Hearts and Rangers. We couldnt say that last year at this time.

http://www.edinburgh...s-run-1-3627277

"But Falkirk had Luke Leahy to thank for keeping them level minutes later, the defender in the right place to block Heffernan’s powerful shot after MacDonald could only push Danny Handling’s cross-cum-shot into the striker’s path.

ooh_matron2.png

Yes but last year we didnt have the quality in the league like this year so I would argue we are on a par. We only started to really pick up when Miller came in. Even then we had a terrible patch after we beat Dundee in January. I think it is no coincidence that nearly every year since we got relegated we have started slowly - when you lose most of your players each summer it is inevitable it takes time to come together. I think Houston is starting to get there. Give him a centre forward and a bit of extra creativity in midfield to help Sibbald I am fairly optimistic.

We have only lost to one side in the league outside Hearts and Rangers. We couldnt say that last year at this time.

Its certainly inevitable when you sign players that simply aint good enough and Houston's signings have been dire. It was no suprise that on Saturday most of his dross were on the bench and did very little when they were finally brought on. Some decent signings and we'd be comfortably top 4 and far closer to Hearts and Rangers. I have very little confidence in him bringing in the right players in january(was boulding not meant to be a centre forward?) I'm afraid, and expect us to finish in a poor 5th or 6th this season which really isnt good enough and we're now going to be stuck with the likes of cooper, Smith and Tudur Jones until their contracts run out.

Archived