Partick Thistle Attendances

I've noticed a drop in home attendances this season of around 1000 and am curious to know the reason for this.

Matching the same opponents at home last year it's always around 1000 or so less.

Were prices raised or something?

I was actually under the impression that with Rangers in the lower leagues attendances at Firhill would be even higher than when they were when we were
previously in the top tier due to disgruntled Rangers fans sneaking along for some Premiership football or even switching allegiances.

But they've seemed quite low since we were promoted and have gotten even lower this season.

The problem has really been the drop in away supports. I was told today our average home support has only really dipped by about 300 or so per game.

A bit of nightshift research shows that at this stage last season we'd played Dundee United, Hearts, Aberdeen, Killie, Celtic, Hibs and St Mirren at home. Most of them were plus 1k, and at least a few of them were plus 2k.

This season we've had Ross County, Accies, Caley, an out of form St Mirren, Motherwell and St Johnstone as well as Aberdeen. St Mirren's was okay, Aberdeen's was good but the rest were pretty dreadful. Inverness was meant to have been less than a hundred(understandable) but still most have only been between 300-400 or so. It's hitting us hard.

Crowds are admittedly disappointing though. Next four are the two Dundee teams, Killie and Celtic, so hopefully pick up a bit.

I've noticed a drop in home attendances this season of around 1000 and am curious to know the reason for this.

Matching the same opponents at home last year it's always around 1000 or so less.

Were prices raised or something?

I was actually under the impression that with Rangers in the lower leagues attendances at Firhill would be even higher than when they were when we were

previously in the top tier due to disgruntled Rangers fans sneaking along for some Premiership football or even switching allegiances.

But they've seemed quite low since we were promoted and have gotten even lower this season.

It's cause you're there, boring the tits off everyone with your unnecessary chat. Please refer to "Partick Thistle General Chat"

Eta. Oh he's been banned. Fucking toodles.

Archived