Aberdeen Stadium Move

Wow, you really are shit at this trolling lark.

0/10 - must do better.

Wondered this myself. Not been to Pittodrie in a long time though so don't know if it's in a bad way?

Would suggest the site that Pittodrie sits on might be worth a pound or two, the Dons are owned by a bulider

With the imminent arrival of The Rangers in the top flight, it's to cash in on the hundreds of thousands of fans they take to away grounds. Luckily for the Dons, this will stave off Armageddon.

Aberdeen house prices are ridiculously high and houses are in short supply, the land at Pittodrie is prime for residential development. Stewart Milne owns a building company. Aberdeen would get money from the council to make a "community stadium" meaning they wouldn't need to fund a new stadium all by themselves.

Put all those things together and I think it's entirely obvious why they would wish to move stadium. I don't believe for one minute that it's intended to benefit the fans directly, although indirectly of course they would (although you could argue it will cost them more in travelling costs.

Archived