5th round

1320Lichtie

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time I watched us v Hibs we got beat 6-0, although we were a lot shitter and Hibs had the cream of the crop Brown/Fletcher/Thomson/Riordan/Sproule/O Connor etc etc etc.

They are guff now, only just scraped a couple of wins against our pub team. winnable game for you lot. Watch out for the dying swan Cummings upfront and the hammer thrower Stevenson. Only decent player they have is their right back. Good luck.

It'll depend on the expected crowd, as the only league games the terrace has been used were against the 'big 3'. Unless you're expecting to bring over a thousand for this, then I don't imagine it'll be open

Ok cheers. If it's on TV then no chance we'll bring that. Hard to say if it's the Saturday at 3pm, depends how we're doing at the time..

On paper, Queens vs St Johnstone is everything the TV companies should want after you look at an obvious pick like Dundee vs Celtic. Two decent sides but separated by a league and the favourites to progress (by virtue of league standing) being away from home. Obviously add in that we are holders too. Proper ground and potentially a decent crowd with the home fans sensing an upset against a side they haven't played for a few years. Raith vs Saints was the same last season and Sky Sports picked that so there is hope.

It's a tough but exciting draw for us. We've tended to do well against Championship sides in recent seasons so hopefully that can continue. Palmerston wasn't a particularly happy hunting ground for us in the First Division though with only one win in our last seven visits and only four in our seven seasons in the same league.

I'd prefer Dunfermilne to Stranraer, hell of a lot closer. Having said that Stranraer would add to the list of stadia that I would have then attended.

Obviously would have preferred a home game but got to think we can win against whoever is triumphant in the replay.

Also, I think Dundee is one of the few teams left in the competition who have a chance of putting out Celtic.

I hope your analysis on our beating the green glaswegians is right, TBH in the two matches against them this season they were lucky to get a draw at Dens through a wicked deflection from Griffiths and at Celtic park the other week we couldnt score in the proverbial barrel of fannies and they got three points.

One round at a time, but another cup Derby is on the cards,

On paper, Queens vs St Johnstone is everything the TV companies should want after you look at an obvious pick like Dundee vs Celtic. Two decent sides but separated by a league and the favourites to progress (by virtue of league standing) being away from home. Obviously add in that we are holders too. Proper ground and potentially a decent crowd with the home fans sensing an upset against a side they haven't played for a few years. Raith vs Saints was the same last season and Sky Sports picked that so there is hope.

It's a tough but exciting draw for us. We've tended to do well against Championship sides in recent seasons so hopefully that can continue. Palmerston wasn't a particularly happy hunting ground for us in the First Division though with only one win in our last seven visits and only four in our seven seasons in the same league.

That was a quarter-final though and Aberdeen vs Dumbarton was the only one that wasn't on TV.

Just remembered Palmerston was the venue for the infamous last minute nutmeg from Hardie to gain a draw in a fucking tremendous match. Thats been my only visit so far.

Yep, if they give us some sort of indication that the away support will be more than 900 odds then we'll open the terrace. If it's less than that I doubt it will be opened.

It should be opened anyway, as a hospitable gesture towards our guests, and in order to allow the crowd to occupy all four sides of the ground.

Take it there won't be any replays on TV? I know none of them stick out as appealing to TV companies but I'm sure they showed something like St Johnstone v Brechin on sky a couple of years back or did I dream that?

5th round I'm guessing will be Dundee v Celtic (hopefully the late Sunday slot) and 2 of QOS v Saints, Stranraer/Dunfermline v United and Sevco v Raith. Obviously the latter is least appealing of the 4 but you know they are like.

Take it there won't be any replays on TV? I know none of them stick out as appealing to TV companies but I'm sure they showed something like St Johnstone v Brechin on sky a couple of years back or did I dream that?

5th round I'm guessing will be Dundee v Celtic (hopefully the late Sunday slot) and 2 of QOS v Saints, Stranraer/Dunfermline v United and Sevco v Raith. Obviously the latter is least appealing of the 4 but you know they are like.

Sky were gutted that they missed our first match with St Johnstone which was the tie of the quarter finals on a gutter of a pitch , so they decided to show the borefest of a replay in which Saints trounced us 1-0 .

Archived