5th round

1320Lichtie

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee/Dundee United away please. If not then a lower league team so we have a chance at the quarters.

Draw on Monday?

Yeah 2PM on Sky.

Teams through:

Arbroath

Dundee

Dundee United

Falkirk

Hibs

Partick Thistle

Raith Rovers

Queen of the South

Spartans

St Johnstone

Replays:

Albion Rovers V Berwick

Brechin V Annan

Dunfermline V Stranraer

Inverness V St Mirren

Still to be contested:

Rangers V Kilmarnock

Hearts V Celtic

Lower league draw please.

EDIT: Forgot Dunfermline V Stranraer and Raith Rovers

Yeah 2PM on Sky.

Teams through:

Arbroath

Dundee

Dundee United

Falkirk

Hibs

Partick Thistle

Queen of the South

Spartans

St Johnstone

Replays:

Brechin V Annan

Albion Rovers V Berwick

Inverness V St Mirren

Still to be contested:

Rangers V Kilmarnock

Hearts V Celtic

Lower league draw please.

Dunfermline v Stranraer replay too

Because that wouldnt benefit the Old Firm

I'm desperate to find out how having the draw on Monday benefits them.

The reason the draw is on Monday is to suit the sponsors - it keeps their name in the papers an extra day. I don't necessarily agree with doing that every round, but given the shortage of sponsors our game at moment it makes sense to keep the ones we do have happy. Having said that, it would make a lot more sense to have it live on the news at 6pm rather than during the day when more folk are at work.

I'm desperate to find out how having the draw on Monday benefits them.

The reason the draw is on Monday is to suit the sponsors - it keeps their name in the papers an extra day. I don't necessarily agree with doing that every round, but given the shortage of sponsors our game at moment it makes sense to keep the ones we do have happy. Having said that, it would make a lot more sense to have it live on the news at 6pm rather than during the day when more folk are at work.

It doesnt. We've never had the draw straight after the games apart from once, when it would allow Rangers to be seeded while waiting wouldn't, and we've not had it since.

It doesnt. We've never had the draw straight after the games apart from once, when it would allow Rangers to be seeded while waiting wouldn't, and we've not had it since.

That was in a different competition. And Rangers would still have been seeded had it been drawn a few days after the game. The draw had to be held before their next tie otherwise it would have given teams a week's notice about who they were playing.

The Scottish Cup has been held after the games a few times. I'm sure it happened at least once last season, and either the last 16 or the QF draw the season before definitely was too.

Archived