P&B Out of the Loop

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/203339-the-50-most-influential-posters-in-p-b-history/page-45

Worth reading the 5-7 pages after that post. Any page after that is just absolute shite filled nothingness though.

P&B's Most Influential Posters - 1

And now for our winner...

1. Big Gus

A comfortable victory in the end for Big Gus, with the decisive factor being his thread about the best pies in the first division from a couple of years back.  A number of posters said that he had influenced their pie buying routines in real life.  He also brought Rebecca Black hit "Friday" to our attention courtesy of his "You Rage You Lose" thread, which produced lichtieforlife's famous paedophile moment.  His posts in General Nonsense are always hilarious and unlike some he could never be accused of trying too hard.

Well done Gus.

I doubt there's been any whooshing.  While we've never broken out into full on e-bickering me and craigkillie have swapped barbs in the past so if he was going to pick a stooge to do a troll I doubt he'd chose me.

I'm very flattered.  I don't post here nearly as much as I used to as work means I only get to a handful of Dundee games these days and away days are especially scarce.  Barry deserves a nod because it was reading his blog that inspired me to to get back to doing some writing again and I think the combination of food and Scottish football and my shit comedy maybe appealed to the "everyman" more than his twisted tales set in a backdrop of deep Dundee folklore.  

On some of the other "hits" I've had the Rebecca Black thing was memorable and some credit must go to Lichtie as you need someone to "play off" to make these threads funny and, while he might not have known much about it, he did that role well.  I also enjoyed my "Deathrtap Dungeon" thread.  That was a couple of evenings fun.

I never expected to get on this list as I don't feel I've been very influentual as such, I don't post here enough and under 3K posts in 6 years is testament to that I suppose.  If it had been top 50 best posters I would have maybe hoped to have picked up a few votes but I'm not complaining.  Thanks to everyone who voted for me and top work Craig on the thread which has been very entertaining.

Pretty strange how a couple of people have now said they voted me their number 1 and I never appeared anywhere else on the list.

*scratches chin*

Appears the likes of DomDom, Patrick Bateman et al won't get their "Bobby in the shower" moment then.

Unlucky lads.  

Some highlights. 

• 4 months later...
Just now, gavin_3110 said:

What qualifies membership of the beast quotient? Have they made allegations against other posters, or have the been accused of beast activity themselves?

We can't talk about this here.  Eyes everywhere.

Meet me under the bridge at precisely 7 minutes past midnight.  Speak the pass phrase "Moray Cup is better than  Irn Bru" and I'll tell you what I can.

Probably best you come naked as well.

2 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

We can't talk about this here.  Eyes everywhere.

Meet me under the bridge at precisely 7 minutes past midnight.  Speak the pass phrase "Moray Cup is better than  Irn Bru" and I'll tell you what I can.

Probably best you come naked as well.

I'll bring a bag of chicken, six cans and a fishing rod.

Maybe a couple of individual fruit trifles.