"I'm Going to Report You..."

Hedgecutter

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top tip for anyone faced with some plamf trying to film them at their work, simply keep referring to the person filming you by their full name and address as many times as possible. That'll make them think twice about uploading said footage onto YouTube to show their pals how clever they are.

Top tip for anyone faced with some plamf trying to film them at their work, simply keep referring to the person filming you by their full name and address as many times as possible. That'll make them think twice about uploading said footage onto YouTube to show their pals how clever they are.

:lol: There's a word I haven't heard for a few years :lol:

You do it to unsettle and undermine people. It needn't be senior. If you ask for permission from a local manager, in advance to film you will either be allowed or given reasons why not. You will be entitled to challenge the outcome if you are refused.

What right do they have to refuse filming?

None.

I may point out that Clerks of Court are Civil Servants. Try pulling out your camera in a Scottish Court of Law and see how you get on....

So you can't film inside a court, you can't film things covered by the official secrets act and you can't film a member of the security services if that's likely to be used for terrorist purposes.

Beyond that they're all fair game.

What right do they have to refuse filming?

None.

So you can't film inside a court, you can't film things covered by the official secrets act and you can't film a member of the security services if that's likely to be used for terrorist purposes.

Beyond that they're all fair game.

Pretty sure that if you want to operate CCTV in any public area you must inform the public that they are being filmed. Generally this means there are signs saying you are being filmed by CCTV. I'd imagine that there might be some similar law in place that prevents people from filming others without some kind of permission being given.

Pretty sure that if you want to operate CCTV in any public area you must inform the public that they are being filmed. Generally this means there are signs saying you are being filmed by CCTV. I'd imagine that there might be some similar law in place that prevents people from filming others without some kind of permission being given.

So BBC watchdog and every news channel in the UK are criminals?

Google it for yourself. I listed what's prohibited.

So BBC watchdog and every news channel in the UK are criminals?

Google it for yourself. I listed what's prohibited.

Why would they be criminals for broadcasting the images?

Surely the act of criminality(If there is any) would be happening at the point that the images were recorded?

Not sure how accurate this link is but it does state:

You must let people know that they are in an area where CCTV surveillance is being carried out. The most effective way of doing this is by prominently placed signs at the entrance to the CCTV zone and reinforcing this with further signs inside the area. The signs should contain details of the organisation responsible for operating the system, the purposes for using CCTV and contact details.

I don't know if this applies to other civil servants, but we have a right to video, photograph or record interviews with the Border Police, Customs and Excise or whatever they're called today:

Note: Officers cannot stop someone if they choose to make a video or audio recording of the

interview themselves using their own equipment such as a mobile phone, video camera etc.

FOI_SH (1).pdf

Why would they be criminals for broadcasting the images?

Surely the act of criminality(If there is any) would be happening at the point that the images were recorded?

Not sure how accurate this link is but it does state:

They film people who don't want to be filmed all the time.

Have you ever seen footage of someone going into or out of court?

How about a rogue trader at his home?

There is a reason why CCTV camera have signs telling you exactly what they are and that you're being watched.

If they could get away with keeping them hidden, they probably would

If things go well then it's all good.

If things don't go well then you're better off having as much evidence to back up your case as possible.

You seem to have a problem with that.

We've been told for years that CCTV etc is for our own protection and if we don't have anything to hide then it shouldn't be something which worries us.

If I call a government helpline, the call will be recorded for legal purposes although they'll claim it only 'might' be recorded 'for training purposes'.

If I go into a contact centre, I'll be recorded on CCTV pretty much everywhere except the toilets.

What's wrong with an individual using the same tactics?

You can call it acting like a paranoid delusional if you like. It works.

Again I ask you why you'd have a problem with it.

boring-story-meme.jpg

Seriously though mate you are wrecking quite a good thread. Give us a break.

I was the last car to be leaving an empty multi storey car park just before it closed. The entrance was almost directly in front of me and clear so I went to drive out. Suddenly a man in yellow jacket appeared and told me I had to leave by turning round, going up to the 1st floor and back down and out. "Aye right" I said, and carried on. "I'll have the police at your door" he threatened. Oh really?

Archived