"I'm Going to Report You..."

Hedgecutter

Glad to see the tradition of curtain twitching, child hating retirees is widespread. We had several of the fuckers in our street and the street had loads of school age kids who palled around together, so it was a constant stream of complaints against us, even when we were literally doing nothing other than talking in the street they would call the cops and try to get us moved on even though we all lived there. Weird auld c***s.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing when old folk think they should be shown respect just because they're old, even though they are horrible old b*****ds.

Used to be an old boy we called Humpy Grumpy that lived behind the park where we played football. Used to come out and shout stuff like, 'I'll break your backs' to bairns aged about 9 if the ball went over the fence and went in his garden.

He's dead now jj.png

We had a weird old woman in our street who would shout at us for playing football on the back green. She got a no ball games sign put up but we tore it down and used it as a goal post.

In about 2001-2002 she tried to bribe me with an Amiga. The Amiga was nearly 15 years old at that point. I took the offer and we moved elsewhere for a couple of weeks. I still have some of the games somewhere.

For the benefit of everyone, it's not illegal to film people on public property. Although people with things to hide will often tell you there is.

If somehow you end up filming something which is covered by the DPA (ie someone else data) it's because wherever you are is breaking the DPA by leaving it in a public area.

They don't like it up 'em.

It doesn't give you the right to access that information or breach the individuals privacy. Why would you film it rather than go through the appropriate channels and complain?

It doesn't give you the right to access that information or breach the individuals privacy. Why would you film it rather than go through the appropriate channels and complain?

If confidential information is left out for all to see, who'd fault is that?

MP's have been caught walking about town with open notepads etc and the press have publicised what the MP's revealed.

Once the info is released into the public forum, you can't punish the public for knowing about it unless an injunction is taken out.

If confidential information is left out for all to see, who'd fault is that?

MP's have been caught walking about town with open notepads etc and the press have publicised what the MP's revealed.

Once the info is released into the public forum, you can't punish the public for knowing about it unless an injunction is taken out.

Did any of that compromise an individual? Regardless, why film a personal transaction. If it isn't meeting your expectations, then take appropriate action, escalate, seek legal advice etc. Acting like a paranoid delusional won't get you far.

"On a related note, has anyone ever pulled a camera on a civil servant?

A tiny minority are confident enough in their professionalism but for the vast majority, any suggestion they might be held accountable for their actions sends them into a fit of panic and seethe."

There's a few times i've had people record what I say, i've never had a problem with it as i've been confident that what i've been saying could stand up to scrutiny, it's no different to giving someone a response by e-mail or letter as that can then be quoted back to you.

Never a civil servant but I went full Nightcrawler on the Chinese delivery driver who was after 5p for a bag.

As a kid I remember playing football in an area not far from my house. It was surrounded by high fences to people's gardens. One old guy came round ranting at us. He pointed at the sign which said something like:

"Football prohibited, by order of CRC."

"I'll report you to the council" he kept saying. My mate Steven looked at him and said "That sign says CRC. Central Region Council was abolished. This is Clackmannanshire now. You should read the papers more".

Guy went purple and shuffled on home. No doubt to be thrashed within an inch of his life by a fat psycopathic wife.

is that what crc stands for I've always wondered that

Did any of that compromise an individual? Regardless, why film a personal transaction. If it isn't meeting your expectations, then take appropriate action, escalate, seek legal advice etc. Acting like a paranoid delusional won't get you far.

If things go well then it's all good.

If things don't go well then you're better off having as much evidence to back up your case as possible.

You seem to have a problem with that.

We've been told for years that CCTV etc is for our own protection and if we don't have anything to hide then it shouldn't be something which worries us.

If I call a government helpline, the call will be recorded for legal purposes although they'll claim it only 'might' be recorded 'for training purposes'.

If I go into a contact centre, I'll be recorded on CCTV pretty much everywhere except the toilets.

What's wrong with an individual using the same tactics?

You can call it acting like a paranoid delusional if you like. It works.

Again I ask you why you'd have a problem with it.

What about in your house?

Specifically 3 nights ago about half ten?

I can confirm this thanks to the infra red footage I have of Mozza in the bush outside your house.

He must have spilt hot coffee on his lap such was the vigorous rubbing of his crotch that was going on.

If things go well then it's all good.

If things don't go well then you're better off having as much evidence to back up your case as possible.

You seem to have a problem with that.

We've been told for years that CCTV etc is for our own protection and if we don't have anything to hide then it shouldn't be something which worries us.

If I call a government helpline, the call will be recorded for legal purposes although they'll claim it only 'might' be recorded 'for training purposes'.

If I go into a contact centre, I'll be recorded on CCTV pretty much everywhere except the toilets.

What's wrong with an individual using the same tactics?

You can call it acting like a paranoid delusional if you like. It works.

Again I ask you why you'd have a problem with it.

I don't but you mentioned warning. What warning do you give or permission sought. I doubt the front line staff have authority to permit filming.

I don't but you mentioned warning. What warning do you give or permission sought. I doubt the front line staff have authority to permit filming.

Sorry but are you saying I need to ask permission of a senior civil servant to film stuff on public property?

Might I suggest thats:

A) monumentally arrogant for any civil servant to say and

B) Bollocks.

Sorry but are you saying I need to ask permission of a senior civil servant to film stuff on public property?

Might I suggest thats:

A) monumentally arrogant for any civil servant to say and

B) Bollocks.

You do it to unsettle and undermine people. It needn't be senior. If you ask for permission from a local manager, in advance to film you will either be allowed or given reasons why not. You will be entitled to challenge the outcome if you are refused.

Let me guess, you work for a local authority?

No, private sector.

I just wouldn't take kindly to some dingbat photographing me out of the blue. I'd presume that, because you were weird enough to think that acceptable in the first place, you'd probably use my image for reasons I wouldn't be comfortable with.

In any circumstances you meet a civil servant face to face.

If they are competent, they shouldn't have a problem with it.

What percentage are actually competent though? Having worked for HMRC, I'd say less than 10% of staff, 1% of management.

I may point out that Clerks of Court are Civil Servants. Try pulling out your camera in a Scottish Court of Law and see how you get on....

No, private sector.

I just wouldn't take kindly to some dingbat photographing me out of the blue. I'd presume that, because you were weird enough to think that acceptable in the first place, you'd probably use my image for reasons I wouldn't be comfortable with.

I agree with this. I'm not one who buys into the bollocks about "if you've got nothing to hide, why worry about being filmed" as part of government reason to spy on its citizens. I've nothing to hide but I've no need to prove that to them or any other c**t.

I'd also like Jocks definition of "public property". If it includes a place of work which happens to be part of the public sector then I don't accept that definition.

Archived