"I'm Going to Report You..."

Hedgecutter

I get told it's the ombudsmen followed by "so are you going to write off my outstanding payment and/or cancellation fee?"

Makes me feel warm inside saying no to those arseholes.

Similar story but not about being reported. When I used to work in a shop, the amount of people who believed the whole "if you've advertised this at this price then you MUST sell me it at this price, IT'S THE LAW" shite was unbelievable. If the person was nice and didn't trot out that ridiculous line like an arsehole then I would just mark it down to the cheaper price, but the seethe generated when I told the arseholes who went mental that I was breaking the law by not selling them a pack of digestives for £1 instead of £1.19, that it wasn't the law and I wouldn't be giving them the cheaper price was glorious. Made my day to see their blood boiling and saying they'd get the police in to shut down the shop.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Similar story but not about being reported. When I used to work in a shop, the amount of people who believed the whole "if you've advertised this at this price then you MUST sell me it at this price, IT'S THE LAW" shite was unbelievable. If the person was nice and didn't trot out that ridiculous line like an arsehole then I would just mark it down to the cheaper price, but the seethe generated when I told the arseholes who went mental that I was breaking the law by not selling them a pack of digestives for £1 instead of £1.19, that it wasn't the law and I wouldn't be giving them the cheaper price was glorious. Made my day to see their blood boiling and saying they'd get the police in to shut down the shop.

I was a supervisor in a gift card shop some years back and during the pre-Christmas rush one of the teenage temp staff came into the office to tell me a customer was going mad about a mistake she'd made on the till. I went out to sort it and this old woman was utterly livid that the girl had rung up a pocket diary as 59p instead of 49p. The tills weren't equipped with barcode scanners and we did sell diaries of both prices, it was a genuine simple oversight and this old cow was ranting and raving about how we were trying to do her, out of 10p!

I would report stormzy but apparently being a scum sucking moron isn't an offence in Scots law.

He's in good company though...Team - The Rangers.

Not be the first on here to use disability or mental illness to describe someone.

Someone even thinks that using them as terms of abuse isd fine.

Hiya Supras.

Not be the first on here to use disability or mental illness to describe someone.

Someone even thinks that using them as terms of abuse isd fine.

Hiya Supras.

Purely out of interest....

How do YOU insult someone?

Either you are Ghandi or about to ream yourself. "If" you give an answer to the q.

I was a supervisor in a gift card shop some years back and during the pre-Christmas rush one of the teenage temp staff came into the office to tell me a customer was going mad about a mistake she'd made on the till. I went out to sort it and this old woman was utterly livid that the girl had rung up a pocket diary as 59p instead of 49p. The tills weren't equipped with barcode scanners and we did sell diaries of both prices, it was a genuine simple oversight and this old cow was ranting and raving about how we were trying to do her, out of 10p!

I had someone kick off because I told him his insurance was 1p more than his documents stated, I actually had to reduce it by 1p because he was going mental down the phone.

I used to get told that I'd be getting reported to Watchdog quite regularly when I worked at Sky.

Folk would completely lose their head when they weren't getting what they wanted and they thought this would be the best way to threaten people.

All the while you're sitting there making a w****r sign at them down the phone.

Wish I had featured on Watchdog as much as they said I would. I'd have been famous enough for Celebrity Big Brother.

I am the same now.

Love when someone quotes " i am going to watchdog/ofcom ect, okay thats fine you need to follow our complaints process and allow us 56 days to resolve and if not then come to the ADR scheme to contact the ombudsman.

Line goes dead.

I had someone kick off because I told him his insurance was 1p more than his documents stated, I actually had to reduce it by 1p because he was going mental down the phone.

These people should be turned into Soylent Green and fed to the poor.

These people should be turned into Soylent Green and fed to the poor.

I was amazed he wasn't kicking off at the fact we were charging him £900 for insurance but at my system stating it was a penny more than his paperwork.

God help the next takeaway guy that comes to their door asking for an extra 5p because of the bag.

I was amazed by how angry some people can get over amounts like 6p. Really opened my eyes to the fact that "the customer is always right" is the biggest bullshit phase ever coined. In my experience the customer is wrong the majority of the time and are just ignorant buffoons about what the laws actually are.

Many years ago, I worked in a jewellery shop and I still have the scars. We hand wrote our price tickets and one time a wee speck of dirt made it look as if a £1900 ring was actually £19.00. If you closed your eyes and squinted. And if you were stupid.

I spent a good 30 minutes explaining to a wife that not only did we not ‘have’ to sell it to her for £19.00, we didn’t ‘have’ to sell it to her for £1900, or £19000. She wasn’t part of a protected minority and we were under no obligation to sell her anything at all if we didn’t want to.

Eventually she stormed out to “Fetch the police” but we never saw her again. I can only hope she got as far as reporting the issue and was told to gtf.

There are some really poor customer service skills on show in this thread.

In fairness, customers are, almost without exception, complete and utter c***s.

A customer once said that he was going to report me to trading standards because I told him the bottles of water he was trying to buy were 3 for £1 and not 2 for £1.

Did you get the numbers in the wrong order there or did you really mean the guy wanted to complain that you were giving him an extra bottle of water for his money?

Did you get the numbers in the wrong order there or did you really mean the guy wanted to complain that you were giving him an extra bottle of water for his money?

He wanted to complain that the offer was wrong, despite it being more beneficial to him. Madness.

Archived