Unique Scottish Football Memorabilia

I’ve actually got an exhibit in the Scottish Football Museum at Hampden. A match ticket from the Celtic v Feyenoord European Cup Final at the San Siro in 1970. It’s rare because (someone told me), no match programme for that final was produced.  Not sure if that’s true or not. The ticket is impregnated with lots of human hair, from barber shops, to deter fraud.

If anyone is interested, it’s in a cabinet near the re-creation of Archie Gemmill’s famous goal v Holland at Argentina ‘78.

I also have a pristine copy of the St Mirren ‘farewell to Love Street’ book ‘The Final Chapter’, signed on the front cover by Stewart Gilmour, Gus MacPherson, Andy Millen and John Potter - so the chairman, manager, assistant manager, and club captain at the time of the stadium move.

Edited by pozbaird

Guest Pampered Adolescent

Not Scottish, not 'unique', but, related:

Flamurtari FC versus Motherwell FC programme, complete with several typing errors, including players names.....

Off topic; an unused Air Koryo towelette.....

I wonder which would be the more valuable, if listed on e-bay......?

Cheers

PA

Edited by Pampered Adolescent
Spelling/pished.

My grandad was a Scottish referee in the 40s/50s/60s and retired after being at the ‘66 World Cup.
Got a shedload of memorabilia from that era, including a ‘66 World Cup Final programme. Not stuff that I’m looking to part with. Also got a programme from the Hampden European Cup Final with Madrid and Frankfurt.

Really should get round to getting it all valued but not sure I would bother as it’s not stuff that I would sell.

Brilliant fun reading through it all and reading up on it.

15 hours ago, Mitch said:

My grandad was a Scottish referee in the 40s/50s/60s and retired after being at the ‘66 World Cup.
Got a shedload of memorabilia from that era, including a ‘66 World Cup Final programme. Not stuff that I’m looking to part with. Also got a programme from the Hampden European Cup Final with Madrid and Frankfurt.

Really should get round to getting it all valued but not sure I would bother as it’s not stuff that I would sell.

Brilliant fun reading through it all and reading up on it.

this sort of stuff isn't included with the memorabilia is it...? 

masonic.jpg.b3cdfdc206eff5ada1d67133af822611.jpg

Got Davie Hannah's 94 SC final shirt (the Dundee United one he swapped with Ian Ferguson).

My back lawn is a history of pitch invasions.

Got a bit of Wembley turf from 77 (Sunday Post came and took a photo of me pointing to it a few years back before we played them at the new Wembley.)

Got a bit of turf Dens when we won the league in 83.

Got a bit of Inverness when we beat them and stayed up and Dundee got relegated by Livi.

Got a bit of Tannadice when we beat Thistle in the old play-off almost 20 years ago.  Took it to Fat Sam's after the game and we danced round it as if it was a handbag!

When they were moving the Hampden pitch a few months after the 94 final I was driving through to pick up relatives from Glasgow airport when it came on the radio they were selling off 2x2 squares of it for £1 each.  I duly turned up and bought some.  Cue the reaction from my relatives when I asked them if their cases were heavy.  I popped the boot to show £20s worth of Hampden's finest!  The drive back to Dundee was long and slow due to a car full of people with heavy cases on their laps and the aroma of freshly cut turf. Almost as slow as the conversation... apparently their holiday was "just fucking fine!'

I designed a t-shirt for me and a couple of mates prior to United playing Celtic in a cup semi final a few years back.  I am not a designer by any stretch of the imagination, was just a fan with Photoshop and an idea to pay a personal tribute.  (There was going to be a standing ovation after 3 minutes to raise awareness of Frank Kopel's fight with Alzheimer's).  A few months later my mate phoned me to say somebody linked with United/Arab Trust had asked if they could use my design.  Obviously I said yes as it was going to be for a good cause and waved any copyright and forgot all about it.  That sillouhette design is what they used for Frank's Law.

Many years ago our supporters club had a raffle for the player of the year award.  The top prize was the full leg plaster cast worn by Scott Crabbe when he was injured with United.  One of our members worked in the hospital and asked him to sign it when they were cutting it off (his plaster, not his leg).

Not winning it was worth it just to hear the winner's reply to his wife when she asked "And where the f**k do you think you are going to stick that?"

"On the mantelpeice, I am taking down our wedding pic so I don't have to look at your ugly puss and all the years of misery that day has brought me".