Unique Scottish Football Memorabilia

What pieces of unique Scottish football memorabilia do you own? Not simply a signed strip or an Ally McCoist autographed beer mat, something that nobody else in the country will have.

For me, it's a bit of a strange 'un. In 2005, I was living just off Blythswood Square in Glasgow, and was heading to Sauchiehall Street for a night out. On the way through the square, I saw something shiny on the ground. Being from Kilmarnock I stopped to get a better look, and saw the back of what looked like a French immigration card. Turned it over, and whose card was it? Only Rangers striker Dado Prso's.

Being the good Samaritan that I am, I rejected an offer from a Rangers supporting pal to buy it off me, and contacted the club the next day to see if I could get an address to forward it on to him. The clown that answered informed me that "We don't accept gifts for players". I reiterated that it wasn't a pressie for everyone's favourite ponytailed Croatian striker, it was his immigration card, and kinda important. She put me on hold and came back to tell me that someone would be in touch. Nobody ever called.

So to this day, I have Dado Prso's immigration card. Shame it expired in 2010.

post-37086-0-43247500-1417136460_thumb.j

post-37086-0-20621500-1417136462_thumb.j

Not Scottish but I've got several AC Milan items including Yohann Gourcuffs training kit, Ancellottis touchline pass and defensive set up for corners against Celtic. All acquired after being left in hotel rooms in a 5 star hotel in which I used to work.

My grandad used to be a scout for Nottingham forest, and Brian Clough gave him a special plate commemorating the two European cup wins, which I now own. Apparently only 100 of them were made (so it's not unique, or Scottish. Meh).

It stays in the drawer because I'm to scared to put it on display incase one of my dickhead mates breaks it.

Should really just get new mates and display it.

My grandad's cousin apparently played for Hearts. They must have a lot of stuff I could nick.

Why didn't you just post it to Ibrox Q?

I wasn't sure whether to post it to Ibrox where he would be once a fortnight, or whether it would be better to send it to Murray Park? When I didn't get a callback I forgot all about it in all honesty until a few years later when he'd left.

My great grandad johnny Campbell played for Scotland Celtic Aston villa and third Lanark. I have one of his Scotland caps from 1900 in the pink lord rosebury colours.

I also own a medal from the Third Lanark 1923 tour of South America.

Own a 1956 Glasgow charity cup final medal of bobbie Mitchell of third Lanark and later Newcastle fame.

Edited by third lanark

• 4 years later...

Looking for some help I have a folder full of singed pictures and team lists from players such as Kenny Dalgleish Dixie Deans Alan Hanson Steve Archibald Bob Shankly to name a few and just wondered if they might be worth something ..I have attached a link to my Facebook post 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10216729068332287&id=1629254306
Regards 

5.png

On 29/11/2014 at 00:38, third lanark said:

My great grandad johnny Campbell played for Scotland Celtic Aston villa and third Lanark. I have one of his Scotland caps from 1900 in the pink lord rosebury colours.

I also own a medal from the Third Lanark 1923 tour of South America.

Own a 1956 Glasgow charity cup final medal of bobbie Mitchell of third Lanark and later Newcastle fame.

This wins the thread imo.