The Dumbarton Terrace: Raith Rovers - 20 years on

Hi guys,

Feature now on The Dumbarton Terrace to mark 20 years since the remarkable (unthinkable?) day when Raith Rovers beat Celtic in the League Cup final.

If you feel anything needs changed then just say so, but hopefully you will enjoy the story of November 27, 1994.

You can read it here: http://thedumbartonterrace.wordpress.com/2014/11/27/raith-rovers-20-years-on/

Thanks.

PS Find 'The Dumbarton Terrace' on Facebook or Twitter @DumbartonTerr

Cheers for that. Decent piece.

Only slight detail I'd quibble with is the suggestion that we were firmly in the title race at that stage of the season, we were actually quite well off the pace until we went on a storming run after Christmas. It was that run (ten straight wins, I think, in all competitions) that cemented the side's greatness as much as the cup win.

Hi guys,

Feature now on The Dumbarton Terrace to mark 20 years since the remarkable (unthinkable?) day when Raith Rovers beat Celtic in the League Cup final.

If you feel anything needs changed then just say so, but hopefully you will enjoy the story of November 27, 1994.

You can read it here: http://thedumbartonterrace.wordpress.com/2014/11/27/raith-rovers-20-years-on/

Thanks.

PS Find 'The Dumbarton Terrace' on Facebook or Twitter @DumbartonTerr

Good piece.

One wee thing: Dalziel's equaliser came in the 86th minute.

Pedantic but it's the happiest I've ever been in the 86th minute of a football match.

Good piece.

One wee thing: Dalziel's equaliser came in the 86th minute.

Pedantic but it's the happiest I've ever been in the 86th minute of a football match.

I'd need to check, but I thought Charlie Nicholas scored about the 85th or 86th minute, then Dalziel scored two minutes into time added on for injuries. Thought someone did a painting of this moment with the scoreboard showing 92 or something like that.

I'd need to check, but I thought Charlie Nicholas scored about the 85th or 86th minute, then Dalziel scored two minutes into time added on for injuries. Thought someone did a painting of this moment with the scoreboard showing 92 or something like that.

Andy is correct

Nicholas scored 84th min, Dalziel in 86th

You can see the scoreboard showing 84 mins after Nicholas s scores here:

Raith Rovers v Celtic:

Enjoy the video & happy 20 years to all fellow Raith Fans

Archived