£4K for a car

chimneyman

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marjory and I bought a car from Arnold Clark in Motherwell. We got a cracking deal for a Zafira which came equipped with mirrors, radio and some delightful holes in the petrol engine. When we got the car checked over by another mechanic we were told it could have caught fire.

I received £150 for my trouble. I treated myself to Nandos.

The moral of the story? The lime sauce is better than the lemon and herb.

Got my Hyundai from AC and use them because still under 5 year warranty. Once that's up they can f**k off.

Had a 15 minute circular conversation with the lassie last time telling her i didn't need a manufacturers service I just wanted the bare minimum to get my book stamped and her telling me how much better my life would be with a genuine hyundai oil filter.

It might have worked had she not told the guy in front all the services are basically the same using the same parts anyway.

Marjory and I bought a car from Arnold Clark in Motherwell. We got a cracking deal for a Zafira which came equipped with mirrors, radio and some delightful holes in the petrol engine. When we got the car checked over by another mechanic we were told it could have caught fire.

I received £150 for my trouble. I treated myself to Nandos.

The moral of the story? The lime sauce is better than the lemon and herb.

A zafira, Are you that depressed?

When I see a Zafira it always has a sad looking 40ish year old man sitting in the drivers seat passing happy meals to equally depressed looking kids in the back. It's a sad sight.

Can I ask, what's an 'asbo box' ?

Box the insurance company put in my car, if I drove the car between 11pm-5am I got fined £50.

Made me drive more dangerously if anything, mind going to the movies with my pals at the odeon, movie was delayed like f**k and they were having problems. Eventually the movie came on and it finished at 10.48, mind running out the cinema with my pals thinking I had a chance of making it back to Arbroath, of course we only made it to Dobbies McDees. Left it there. Da came and picked me and my mates off and took me up the road. :lol:

£130 was a joke, sure my sister was only £50 a month at 18 in a Corsa 1.2, I had a Peugeot 206 1.1 litre, insurers are c***s to blokes.

:lol: that's fucking horrendous! £50 for driving after 11pm?!

Aye! Absolute nonsense, it's supposed to stop young lads from dicking about at night, it was the only insurance I could afford unfortunately, was on pennies at work at the time.

Funny looking back on it tbh, just 5 year and 4 cars ago.. Haha

Box the insurance company put in my car, if I drove the car between 11pm-5am I got fined £50.

Made me drive more dangerously if anything, mind going to the movies with my pals at the odeon, movie was delayed like f**k and they were having problems. Eventually the movie came on and it finished at 10.48, mind running out the cinema with my pals thinking I had a chance of making it back to Arbroath, of course we only made it to Dobbies McDees. Left it there. Da came and picked me and my mates off and took me up the road. :lol:

£130 was a joke, sure my sister was only £50 a month at 18 in a Corsa 1.2, I had a Peugeot 206 1.1 litre, insurers are c***s to blokes.

My daughters 1st car was a 1.2 T reg Clio that cost £750,her insurance was £1400 a year!!!!!!

A zafira, Are you that depressed?

When I see a Zafira it always has a sad looking 40ish year old man sitting in the drivers seat passing happy meals to equally depressed looking kids in the back. It's a sad sight.

Im actaully 35, <_<

Don't buy a Clio. In fact stay away from French cars. Especially a Clio.

Seconded. I hired one from Arnold Clark about a year ago. When it comes to pulling out at roundabouts or overtaking someone, you're as quick getting out and pushing. It had about as much oomf to it as a Stephen Hawking headbutt.

It's the fact folk can't wait to pass their test, to get some freedom.. as long as they're finished by 11pm!

Kin... :lol:

To be fair I would've passed on getting a motor I was just getting sick fed up trailing my arse back and forward to Forfar on buses. Bus to Forfar from Arbroath goes through every single place possible, takes 50 minutes. Used to work 8-5 but the buses were just every hour so couldn't get the 7.10 one as I'd be 10 minutes late after I'd walked from the stop to my work, so was getting the 6.10 bus to Forfar, up at 5.20 get ready, bike to bus station, tie the bike up and be on my way. Used to get back about 6.30 at night then bike home too. Bus cost £35 for a saver week ticket. I got paid £3.53 an hour.... :(

It was truly awful... :lol:

My daughters 1st car was a 1.2 T reg Clio that cost £750,her insurance was £1400 a year!!!!!!

Jaysus. Most females I knew were getting decent prices in comparison to mine.

It's truly ridiculous that you can pay that much for insurance when driving a £750 car about, if the car did hit a fancy motor it would probably just collapse anyway.

1st cars are truly depressing, wee buckets that are always needing money thrown at them. Thank f**k I'm well past that now.

Archived