Losing players to National competitions

I expect Dominique Malonga will be in the Congo squad for the African Cup of Nations so Hibs will lose his services for some of January and Feb. What other players will be away on national duty in tournaments, for what club and also do you think they will be a loss?

Please no Sevco supporters saying Bilel Moshni will be a miss for them, it's more likely the opposition who'll miss him.

Rangers fans must be grateful that the Highland Games take place in the summer and that they don't miss all the hammer throwing thugs who play for them. I also hear that Nicky Law and Templeton take part in the Red Bull cliff diving competition in the close season as well.

Malonga and Mohsni... and Mubarak of Celtic & Ghana... seem to be the only Premiership or Championship players called-up for any African Nations Cup finalist nation in the past year, so I'd imagine they're the only likely absentees.

It's not inconceivable that Celtic could also be missing Rogic at the Asian Cup, also in January.

Izaguirre and Peralta are likely to miss pre-season, and perhaps the start of next season, at the Gold Cup. Honduras have a playoff against French Guiana which they should win.

Archived