Corporal Punishment - The Belt

Very confused by this thread. Last time I saw this topic come up was back when I had a Facebook account, and there was an auld boy on my friend list who went on about the glories of corporal punishment Every. Fucking. Day. The usual stuff; kids today are a bunch of psychopaths, never had these problems when I was a wean, I had the f**k battered out of me on a daily basis and it never did me any harm, but by God did it teach me respect, etc.

Most worrying part was the hundreds of replies in rampant, psychotic agreement. So, as a result, I'm a bit confused. Congratulations of not having entirely lost your humanity, P&B.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My French teacher in secondary school - a fine man but a lunatic - leathered a boy beside me because he was reciting his French homework with a right dreary, muffled voice. That's how the poor cvnt spoke all the time!! 6 of the belt for being yourself. The old fvcker just ran up the row of chairs and pulled the belt out a pocket that must have been a foot deep. No time for ifs or buts - battered before he could mutter incoherently.

f**k, you've reminded me of another sociopath from my secondary school. I once saw him berating a first year, 3 or 4 days in, for some minor offence. He kept demanding the kid's name but couldn't hear him answer so in his fury, he twatted the kid with a full fist punch on the ear. Poor little bugger had a speech impediment and simply couldn't answer loud enough.

Had a history teacher at Perth high school who had been around during the time of the belts.

The teacher took it out on the first lesson he had with us, smashed it off his desk at full force, before telling us we were lucky it wasn't the 70's and he could legally do that.

Every now and then he would smash it off the blackboard or the desk when the class acted up. Not that it happened often.

Was that Mr Hunter? He's a legend. Scary guy though.

Techy/woodwork teacher at my school used to hammer a nail into his desk with the belt on the first day of term,to set the boundaries. Another one, a geography teacher, used to hit people with a wooden coathanger he kept inside his sports jacket. There was a league table of who was best to worst at drawing the belt too

Was that Mr Hunter? He's a legend. Scary guy though.

No it was Mr. Hogg, had Mr hunter too for a while, he scared the shit out of me when he began screaming for no apparent reason.

Never took history beyond 2nd year, but was told he was incredibly sound throughout.

Every Friday for about six months in the wanted ads section of the Evening Times about 20 years ago, someone - a collector presumably - *** cough *** looking for Lochgelly tawses and Victorian style school desks.

Bizarre form of punishment. On topic, we had one teacher who'd demonstrate his belting prowess by smashing a piece of chalk to bit with one flick of the wrist and his Lochgelly. Carried the damn thing under his jacket, over his shoulder.

attachicon.gifstarkey.jpg

if it was this fud I'm sure we can have a whip round to bring you back and give him a panning.

I think the belt was still around when I was a lad but I went to a posh school that didn't have it. I once had to copy out a passage from the book "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" for not doing English homework. Took me a few hours that night and when I handed it in the teacher immediately threw it in the bin, which taught me a lesson- I should have skipped more passages out of the book if he wasn't going to read my handiwork!

Starkey is an ill tempered old queen and a poster boy for the British establishment.

I did lines a few times and invariably they'd end up in the bin. What was the point of lines as a punishment? I have no idea.

On topic, we had one teacher who'd demonstrate his belting prowess by smashing a piece of chalk to bit with one flick of the wrist and his Lochgelly. Carried the damn thing under his jacket, over his shoulder.

Our Depute Rector, Mr Gibson, carried the tawse under the collar of his cloak (yup, his cloak) and could draw it out and bring it down on a desk in a flash. Disciplinarian who played up to the role. I was getting bullied a bit and ended up going in to see him with my mum in First Year (I was mortified but my mum dragged me in). He listened to my tale of woe then told me to grow a set of balls and fight back. About a week later I did just that but he caught us fighting and he belted us both.

I personally think the tawse was a good thing if used in moderation at the appropriate time. When I first got the belt it was in my first week and I'd seriously fucked up the guillotine in metalwork by trying to cut a 2" steel bar with it. I remember the pain but also the shock and it really did teach me to not f**k about with bench tools. In hindsight, that was fair enough. But what wasn't fair was being belted for swinging on a chair or being late with homework or deliberately banging a drum out of time all the way through a school concert.

My French teacher in secondary school - a fine man but a lunatic - leathered a boy beside me because he was reciting his French homework with a right dreary, muffled voice. That's how the poor cvnt spoke all the time!! 6 of the belt for being yourself. The old fvcker just ran up the row of chairs and pulled the belt out a pocket that must have been a foot deep. No time for ifs or buts - battered before he could mutter incoherently.

I think I recognise Noddy from this description, a guy with sound intentions but a screw loose. One day he went on a shouting rant at a guy at the back of the class who had only been tapping his foot but the mental aspect was that he had grabbed poor innocent Davy's hair at the front of the class and was shaking his head back and forward during the rant. I think you can all guess what getting the belt from him was like.

We used to have a maths teacher who gave the first years a pep talk and finished it with if you treat me with respect and I'll treat you with respect, but if not.... He then took a 2" inch nail pushed it into his desk then took his belt out and battered it right into the desk in one hit and an almighty bang. Silence in class jaws hanging open. His belt never came out again It wasn't till I'd left school that I was told that he had a pre-drilled hole in his desk. :lol:

No it was Mr. Hogg, had Mr hunter too for a while, he scared the shit out of me when he began screaming for no apparent reason.

Never took history beyond 2nd year, but was told he was incredibly sound throughout.

Ahh right. Yeah Mr Hunter was a good teacher. Everyone worked in his class. I'll never forget the day we were getting test results back. I had done badly, scoring 40% or something. When he got to my desk he took my paper, threw it on the table, and said "embarrassing." Humiliation. After that I tried the hardest out of all my highers and got the best grade in all of my subjects that year. If it hasn't been for him I probably would never have passed.

I think I recognise Noddy from this description, a guy with sound intentions but a screw loose. One day he went on a shouting rant at a guy at the back of the class who had only been tapping his foot but the mental aspect was that he had grabbed poor innocent Davy's hair at the front of the class and was shaking his head back and forward during the rant. I think you can all guess what getting the belt from him was like.

:lol:

Must be something with French teachers! My one was the spitting image of Max Wall. Having the audacity of chatting to your mate would often result in having a wooden blackboard duster launched at your head.

Being a wee smart alick at school, I got belted loads by bully teachers, male and female, who couldn't take their supremacy being challenged. Luckily it didn't do me any harm.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No harm?

Not how the post reads.

T_Therapist.jpg

I got the belt a few times ,for the life of me I can't remember what for!

In primary (Blackshade) we had 3 teachers who were particularly feared, Mrs Weir was the most scary, belted hard and shouted even harder!, Mrs Manzie,although a great teacher was notorious for losing her head when pupils misbehaved!

and Miss Russell, who had hair like Fellaini, was just a screamer, was shocked to discover she was my kids teacher in their primary school,and even thoughit was nearly twenty years later ,she still had the same hairstyle !!

Techy/woodwork teacher at my school used to hammer a nail into his desk with the belt on the first day of term,to set the boundaries.

What did he use to hold the nail?

I think the sight of a grown man grittedly belting his own hand a couple of times would be enough to scare me into silence...

Archived