Jurassic World

jamamafegan

After watching trailer again I like the look of it alot more.

Forever Blue THERE IS a T Rex in it I saw it on the Telegraph article, that was leaked.

I love the concept and idea of Jurassic Park, wish there was a TV series or something else along the same lines, Jurassic Park is the only dinosaur thing going.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was doing a bit of reading about this and (GOOD NEWS KLAXON) there are plenty of animatronic dinosaurs and other practical effects (like the famous gates) in this film apparently. Seemingly the trailer is CGI heavy because of trying to reach the release deadline for it.

Slightly sceptical of the reasoning but Trevorrow has been keen to push the "practical effects" angle in interviews and with some pictures on Twitter during the filming.

Wow! Gates.

Forever Blue THERE IS a T Rex in it I saw it on the Telegraph article, that was leaked.

I love the concept and idea of Jurassic Park, wish there was a TV series or something else along the same lines, Jurassic Park is the only dinosaur thing going.

Hopefully we see a T-Rex come in at the end to demolish the D-Rex.

I was fascinated with dinosaurs as a youngster because of jurrasic park and walking with dinosaurs, and although not a dinosaur I was also obsessed with the 98 Godzilla when it came out ! Good stuff to hear the old t-Rex will make an appearance .

Edit to add: was it Attenborough who narrated walking with dinosaurs or is my mind playing tricks with me ?

I'm fearing that the hybrid will have been spliced with human DNA and it'll look fucking shite.

I've heard rumours of this.

If this or indeed the cuttlefish rumours are true then I'll be raging. This is Jurassic Park, not fucking Alien vs Predator

If this or indeed the cuttlefish rumours are true then I'll be raging. This is Jurassic Park, not fucking Alien vs Predator

Its been pretty much confirmed its a T-Rex, but they've added DNA from a Raptor, Snake and Cuttlefish in to try and make it more exciting and dangerous to try and drag the failing crowds back to the park. The cuttlefish angle is due to that fish's ability to camouflage, which is meant to be a spectacle for crowds, and is also a shout out to the books, where a dinosaur called the Carnotaurus can do that.

I'm fearing that the hybrid will have been spliced with human DNA and it'll look fucking shite.

That was the original concept about 10 years ago. That was with different writers and it (and they IIRC) were binned.

The cuttlefish one is probably true but it's not really a big problem. The original dinosaurs were genetically modified to contain frog DNA, or did we all forget that part?

Its been pretty much confirmed its a T-Rex, but they've added DNA from a Raptor, Snake and Cuttlefish in to try and make it more exciting and dangerous to try and drag the failing crowds back to the park. The cuttlefish angle is due to that fish's ability to camouflage, which is meant to be a spectacle for crowds, and is also a shout out to the books, where a dinosaur called the Carnotaurus can do that.

I read something like that actually. There was a Carnotaurus in the 3rd film however. EDIT: might not be a Carnotaurus, but a similar dinosaur makes a very brief appearance.

The Carnotaurus is a really cool dinosaur regardless.

That was the original concept about 10 years ago. That was with different writers and it (and they IIRC) were binned.

The cuttlefish one is probably true but it's not really a big problem. The original dinosaurs were genetically modified to contain frog DNA, or did we all forget that part?

If the cuttlefish thing is because of camouflage I can definitely live with that. I thought it meant the actual physical features of a cuttlefish, which would be utterly ridiculous.

I read something like that actually. There was a Carnotaurus in the 3rd film however. EDIT: might not be a Carnotaurus, but a similar dinosaur makes a very brief appearance.

The Carnotaurus is a really cool dinosaur regardless.

If the cuttlefish thing is because of camouflage I can definitely live with that. I thought it meant the actual physical features of a cuttlefish, which would be utterly ridiculous.

It got cut from the third film sadly, but this seems to be making up for it.

And the D-Rex will have no physical features of a cuttlefish. Lego have already released the model for it...

LEGO-Jurassic-World-2015-1.jpg

what did malcolm say in teh first one regarding raptors

I don't remember that, but I loved his bit on chaos theory, just as the woman steps out the car. He shrugs and goes, "and there it is, in action" or words to that effect.

He didn't say anything specifically about the raptors. He said something about trying to play god and beat nature (as nature had decided that dinosaurs were old hat and decided to get rid of them) and how it would always fail.

Someone mentioned the book earlier. It is indeed a cracking read. I did my review thing in Higher English on it (can't mind what it's called; AA or SS or something?)

i mentioned the books, both were utterly brilliant imo

i was actually going to do my RPR in standard grade english on Jurassic Park but opted for Apollo 13 as it had way more quotes and character interactions which made examining the characters way easier

infact iirc the Jurassic Park book came as a double book with Congo (another fantastic read as well)

Archived